Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really disappointed in her political chat today. It feels like we've collectively become a bit unhinged as a nation today and I was really hoping for Jack's searing political takes to just add to that. Bummer.

I'm going to risk disagreeing in certain circumstances - the kids who have been forced to parent their parents, coach them to eat, check they're not dead because they're bleeping off their tits again, are held responsible for propping up somebody's moods when they've been dumped by yet another person from the long list of people coming in and out of their lives, have been publicly humiliated when they're the only grown up in the house and have never really known a time when they can be carefree, happy children - they can absolutely reject responsibility.

Because they've had it forced upon them two decades too early by incompetent, irresponsible and infinitely irritating parents.

And once they're at a point where they feel they're large enough, smart enough and finally see exactly how abominably their emotional needs have been ignored in favour of the parent - they argue. They shout. They stay on the step because they don't trust the adult not to completely lose their tit physically or accuse them of attacking them, but they shout and stamp.

SB is reaching the end of his tether - and I reckon that it won't be long before he just doesn't go round anymore.
This is a good point, I was writing from the context of the kids I've either raised/am raising or have watched being raised, who are all in loving and (mostly) functional situations. Should have been more mindful!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
It's sad really, that a woman who has apparently been through so much hardship feels the need to photoshop/face tune her face like that. Your face is your face <shrug>. I won't comment on any aesthetic work.
I actually don’t think she’s had any/much in the way of aesthetics. If you look at picture 1 (Downing Street) and the final photo (1/6/2022 - just over a month ago giving Claire Sweeney her award) both candid shots by someone else, no chance to facetune the bejesus out of an iPhone portrait selfie, she just looks the same in the first and the last. For me, her aesthetics are as legit as her tax returns.
4677CDA4-AB0E-43FF-9925-7EFD95BBBC0B.jpeg
610D4E14-9F25-4EDE-9F7A-74103FD05D08.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sentient ham is the worst bleeping phrase in the world.
Haunted coat rack is pretty bad too. She's like someone who has told a joke that's fallen flat and been politely ignored but rather than take the hint keeps repeating it, thinking they'll get a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Is she actually suggesting that she uses the naughty step with a 12-13 year old?
I'm going to age myself here, but at 12-13 I was listening to the Pistols, Buzzcocks, The Damned etc, out with my friends every night after school, going to the local youth club, getting the bus all over the place, smoking, occasionally having a can, going 'up town' every weekend, and generally having a good old time. If my Mum had tried to put me on the naughty step I would probably have laughed.

*I turned out okay by the way :)

*If I'd been put on a 'naughty step' things may have turned out differently...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Jack Coquette

I've never had Lurpak. I feel like I'm missing out on the revolution. I buy blocks of butter. Sometimes I even buy the Cornish seasalt one when I'm feeling fancy. I might start saving up so I can try some Lurpak one day. Or just steal one. Whatever.
What's this seasalt butter people have mentioned it a few times since #lurpacgate

That song still winds me up years later.
I never hear it anymore but it ocasionaly comes into my head and make me was to turn myself in nightmeat

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm going to age myself here, but at 12-13 I was listening to the Pistols, Buzzcocks, The Damned etc, out with my friends every night after school, going to the local youth club, getting the bus all over the place, smoking, occasionally having a can, going 'up town' every weekend, and generally having a good old time. If my Mum had tried to put me on the naughty step I would probably have laughed.

Sometimes I wonder if she's imagined SB.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh my, there’s a tweet gone viral that has a fantasy cabinet, something the squigs love including Jack in as a rule, but she’s been dropped, it’s over, they’ve already forgotten about our Jacky, though her pal Martin Lewis continues on without her. I blame the absence of the Voluptuous Bootylicious Index…..send Nightmeat.

CFEE2B1F-A32A-4298-BF31-F48FB2E3D454.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 65
No political commentary - don't forget, in Jack's head, David Cameron is still Prime Minister, and always will be.

I think the BBQ friend may have been Harold, locked in the dining room and forcefed nightmeat until he agrees to take Jack back.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56

Babe, same x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh my, there’s a tweet gone viral that has a fantasy cabinet, something the squigs love including Jack in as a rule, but she’s been dropped, it’s over, they’ve already forgotten about our Jacky, though her pal Martin Lewis continues on without her. I blame the absence of the Voluptuous Bootylicious Index…..send Nightmeat.

View attachment 1397998
On a side note, why do these dweebs always pick Hugh Grant for Prime Minister? Just because he was in a movie? Do they know nothing else about him? I mean, surely no one is looking at Boris and saying, "The problem with this guy is...not enough sex scandals!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.