Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 5.30 Jack was all “cor teenage angst, I’ve sent him out in the garden with content”, by 7 she’s cooked an impromptu bbq for SB, “a friend”, the animals, eaten it and is back on twitter to let us know.

So there was no chicken breast in the Jack Monroe by Jack Monroe 4th July shopping list, or the “she shoots she scores” by Jack Monroe 24 June shopping list, but she did have chicken breast in the freezer in her 22 July 2022 (future Jack) stock take (just by the trotters). How does one have an impromptu bbq with frozen chicken?😬🤢🤮 💩 She only told us she’d taken the oxtail and muscles out of the freezer on Monday right?

DHOTYA
View attachment 1397266

View attachment 1397272View attachment 1397273
Frau you are totes and utts FORENSICO!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Yeah so I’m living on not claiming benefits even though I completely qualify but I can afford to have DAB radios in every room and I also have five tvs (oooo no one is allowed to change the channel oh no I’ve got ADHD you know), yeah I get the ‘absolute twit’ element of my non claimed UC and also I have SO much time to listen to my eleventy billion radios even though I work eleventy trillion hours a week because I am BENDING THE TIME /SPACE CONTINUUM JACK, oh yeah 💪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
This is just mithering, but she says that SB is a “5am riser”, and it’s been bothering me.

Part of me wants to ask, is it normal for a 12 year old to regularly be up at 5am, but the other part thinks, I (and we, everyone reading here and on Twitte) shouldn’t know what time he wakes up in the first place.
She was saying quite recently that he was tucked up in bed at 7.30. I know it's lies, but that sounds like a pretty good way to guarantee your kid is going to get up stupidly early! Most kids his age seem to need a decent prod to get them up on a school day anyway.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Boris needs an incentive to get out and resign. A book deal? He could do a cook book - there's a publisher that comissions that for people who can't cook.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This is just mithering, but she says that SB is a “5am riser”, and it’s been bothering me.

Part of me wants to ask, is it normal for a 12 year old to regularly be up at 5am, but the other part thinks, I (and we, everyone reading here and on Twitte) shouldn’t know what time he wakes up in the first place.
He’s maybe hungry. I can totally see her controlling what he eats when he’s with her, telling him all Mama can afford is dusty corn crisps and not to touch anything in “her” fridge.

But it could also not be that, I’ve always been an early riser!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Even if I were the same size as my 13 yr old daughter or 14yr old son, I can not imagine a situation were we had a communal wardrobe. Don’t get me wrong, my daughter has laid claim to almost every single band T-shirt I own which she wears as oversized T-shirt dresses ( which tbh is just rubbing salt into the wound ), and I have to ask to borrow back any of my accessories and make up , but it’s very much a one way street.

SB is almost a teenager . He is a nearly fully formed human being in his own right, with his own personality and identity . How is the poor kid meant to work out who he is if his near middle aged , very middle class mother keeps trying to copy him

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Btw, that post about buying up all the meat in the supermarket before it's 'dumped'. My niece works in a (big) supermarket and tells me that hoards of regular shoppers surround the 'reduced shelf' nightly, an hour or so before the reductions take place and snap it up as it's put out. They come in especially for the reduced items, she says, and there's nothing left but a few spongey cucumbers after 9 o'clock on any of the reduced shelves. There's nothing anyone would want after the regulars have snapped it all up, she tells me, not even the staff have a hope in hell of getting a bargain. She told me that sometimes the customers physically fight over a reduced chicken.

Buying all the meat before it's 'dumped' my arse. More made up shite.
This is true from what I’ve seen in supermarkets too. I tend to go shopping later in the evening and usually around the time stuff is getting reduced. If I need something, I buy it. There are others who just buy EVERYTHING. Like ten punnets of grapes, multiple lettuce etc. i always wonder wtf they do with it. It just spoils it for anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
My teen has never sworn in front of me, but if I told her to get on the naughty step, she would either die from laugher or tell me to duck off and she wouldn’t be wrong to tell me to either!

Her alarm was set for 5:30am on school days 🥴 She has some quite major anxiety around being late; I got up with her at that time for months on end, to show her that, actually, she could easily have an extra hour in bed, and have time to shower/dry her hair/get dressed/have breakfast and still get to school with 15 mins to spare.

As for her waxing lyrical about addicts, her view of it is so romanticised it gives me the rage, and it’s harmful AF.

I was raised by addicts. They drank all week and did coke at weekends.

I was dragged up, and I practically raised my multiple younger siblings.

We all flew under the radar because nice house, well presented as people. All of us kids have major trauma; two developed addictions of their own.

I married an addict, there’s nothing romantic about someone who buries beer cans in the back garden to hide how much he drinks. His addiction made him abusive to me in multiple ways. But due to how I was raised, I didn’t know any better.

I spent so long trying not to be parents, I ended up marrying someone like them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.