Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck off Jack. Scotland doesn't need you to campaign for anything. Get your dirty fingers out of our pie! (Matron)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Why does she keep saying this? It's weird and it's creepy. Not talking about kids who might occasionally swipe your old band shirts or something, but pretending you and your tween boy share wardrobes is so gross.
This is odd, my kids arent there yet, but I know I will don't try to wear their clothes. Boundaries and all that.

Reactions: 33
Ahhh yes, just what someone with a baby needs. Noise cancelling earphones to stop hearing the noise of the baby
That struck me as a really odd thing to say. If you were to put on some earplugs to get some 'peace and quiet', most normal people wouldn't be able to relax anyway, because you know - you can't hear if your baby needs you?! She is so odd, it's actually unsettling 😕

Reactions: 58
Haunted coat rack is pretty bad too. She's like someone who has told a joke that's fallen flat and been politely ignored but rather than take the hint keeps repeating it, thinking they'll get a laugh.
Body like a melted church candle for me. It’s about as funny as an egg.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
In a narcissists world everyone and everything exists for them and is just an extension of them. I really hope that his Dad is strong enough to undo the damage this selfish twit does to her son.

Newsflash ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU JACK!!!

Reactions: 32
My teen has never sworn in front of me, but if I told her to get on the naughty step, she would either die from laugher or tell me to duck off and she wouldn’t be wrong to tell me to either!

Her alarm was set for 5:30am on school days 🥴 She has some quite major anxiety around being late; I got up with her at that time for months on end, to show her that, actually, she could easily have an extra hour in bed, and have time to shower/dry her hair/get dressed/have breakfast and still get to school with 15 mins to spare.

As for her waxing lyrical about addicts, her view of it is so romanticised it gives me the rage, and it’s harmful AF.

I was raised by addicts. They drank all week and did coke at weekends.

I was dragged up, and I practically raised my multiple younger siblings.

We all flew under the radar because nice house, well presented as people. All of us kids have major trauma; two developed addictions of their own.

I married an addict, there’s nothing romantic about someone who buries beer cans in the back garden to hide how much he drinks. His addiction made him abusive to me in multiple ways. But due to how I was raised, I didn’t know any better.

I spent so long trying not to be parents, I ended up marrying someone like them.
Interesting re early risers. We know Jack is always late for things, so maybe he's taken some of that on board. Plus his school is very far away so he probably has to get up earlier at mama's house to get public transport or for his dad to come and pick him up.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If she ran for prime minister I would leave the UK, I'm. It kidding either. As people said about Boris when he came in, " she does not represent me"

She is useless and lazy when it comes to most of her working life so couldn't you imagine the state of the country.

A Jehovah's witness once told me the world would end when everyone uprises against their leaders as apparently god should be the one we all follow not ourselves. If she becomes PM i guess we are all fucked. Just sayin.

Reactions: 20
This is just mithering, but she says that SB is a “5am riser”, and it’s been bothering me.

Part of me wants to ask, is it normal for a 12 year old to regularly be up at 5am, but the other part thinks, I (and we, everyone reading here and on Twitte) shouldn’t know what time he wakes up in the first place.
I doubt he sleeps there, as he is a long way from school. There is no way queen of dinosnores is up, to give him breakfast, and sort his kit etc for the day, and take him on public transport to school, the pup is not old enough for long walks, is not vaccinated long enough to be fraternising with all and sundry and cannot be left for long periods. He pops in occasionally. I suspect under duress not choice

• Heart
Reactions: 46
On a lighter note - spotted this status from a FB friend last night🦉🍾 No idea what it was referring to mind!

Screenshot_20220706-230241.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
That struck me as a really odd thing to say. If you were to put on some earplugs to get some 'peace and quiet', most normal people wouldn't be able to relax anyway, because you know - you can't hear if your baby needs you?! She is so odd, it's actually unsettling 😕
You just know she'll have kept the bedroom doors shut, whilst claiming baby must be sleeping through because she never heard a peep.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Well she seemed oblivious to her own young child's needs - so not surprising she advocates this approach for others. Baby/toddler crying and needing something? Just ignore them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Well she seemed oblivious to her own young child's needs - so not surprising she advocates this approach for others. Baby/toddler crying and needing something? Just ignore them.
Poorly disabled kitten?
Shut it in the bathroom.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
I doubt he sleeps there, as he is a long way from school. There is no way queen of dinosnores is up, to give him breakfast, and sort his kit etc for the day, and take him on public transport to school, the pup is not old enough for long walks, is not vaccinated long enough to be fraternising with all and sundry and cannot be left for long periods. He pops in occasionally. I suspect under duress not choice
It’s actually really sad isn’t it to imagine your kid doesn’t want to be with you 😭 I mean, I don’t blame him if true and actually am bloody glad as she’s a baddun but must be quite traumatising for her. Not that I feel sorry for her. We make our make our mistakes and live with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jack did you know that ignoring a baby and not meeting it’s basic needs actually changes the way it’s brain forms? Of course you do you’re an expert in ACES aren’t you? Btw I hit 9/10 ACES and manage not to be a narcissistic, exploitative, grifter.

It’s actually really sad isn’t it to imagine your kid doesn’t want to be with you 😭 I mean, I don’t blame him if true and actually am bloody glad as she’s a baddun but must be quite traumatising for her. Not that I feel sorry for her. We make our make our mistakes and live with them.
I’m sure that it is upsetting for her but not for the reasons it should be. All she cares about is her own needs being met, not his. He is a bit player in the Monroe show.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Send marriage counsellos I just said Chapeau to my husband with the confidence of Mackie taking down the government 👎🏻 ……… shuffles nervously away like a teenie tiny lil small pixie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I was in a support group for maternal mental health and a couple of the mums who really weren't coping said they did things like pop the baby safely in their bed, turned on white noise, left the room, closed the door, put on the vacuum cleaner outside the door and cried for as long as they needed to. They felt desperately guilty about it and they were assured that as they were generally there and responsive there was no long term damage etc.

Giving advice like that out suggests to me someone who did not cope with having a little one, even though his dad moved in with them etc.

Not quite sure what the point was there, I guess mums when they're not coping do just needed to block the noise out, and doing something like that on the odd occasion to allow you to be mentally well and responsive the other 23 1/2 hours of the day is ok. But it's not standard parenting advice.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.