Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The puppy regrets is a very real thing lots of people get, even those who have throughly done their homework and know what they’re getting into. Puppies are really hard work, I’d certainly never have one again, adopting our new boy at sixteen months was so easy in comparison. Just like any relationship the one you have with your dog deepens over time, you might adore your new puppy and want nothing but the best for it. However, in the first few months you don’t love it the way you do later on, so what you’ve got is this messy, sleep stealing, nippy, frequently manic, demanding and untrained little thing that is totally dependent on you and you’re getting very little out of the relationship. There’s no instant gratification with a puppy, it’s a long slog through the first few months and for someone like Jack who’s lazy af and used to the constant validating dopamine hits from Twitter a puppy is going to be very unrewarding.
BIB. Babe, same. I've had two dogs from puppies and would only ever rescue an older dog in the future.

I had a newborn and a puppy at one point. Big mistake, HUGE 😄.

Am I misremembering or did she not try scupper the last vote with her sock accounts (Benedict Cumberscotch?)
You are 100% correct.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Jack for PM?

LOL can you imagine Jack facing the opposition at PMQs or being grilled by Sophie Rayworth or visiting Zelensky or getting a briefing from MI5.

There'd be shitting dog shaking, following by wild deflection, excuses, tall tales and finally "This is all really damaging my mental health, please leave me alone, I'M EXHAUSTED!" followed by a flounce off for a piss and a sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
LOL can you imagine Jack facing the opposition at PMQs or being grilled by Sophie Rayworth or visiting Zelensky or getting a briefing from MI5.

There's be shitting dog shaking, following by wild deflection, excuses, tall tales and finally "This is all really damaing my mental health, please leave me alone, I'M EXHASUTED!" followed by a flounce off for a piss and a sandwich.
Hands up if you'd kinda like to see it though ✋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
If the dog is hers, does anyone else get the feeling she’s finding it too hard to cope with? She’s hardly gushing about it, or doing tonnes of cute cuddly puppy pics and has been pretty quiet all in all. Wonder if it could be keeping her up/playing up loads?
Yes. If I were her, I'd be using it for engagement, boost the following, get everyone happy. Let them forget her idiotic posts. Then you can switch to Insta stories and direct everyone over there for more puppy fun. Get the numbers up on both platforms to increase the chance of brand deals.

I took pictures of my cat daily when she was a kitten. It was hard work with her, so I dread to think what a puppy would be like. Before that I'd never lived with a young animal as all ours were rescued.

Lads, I found a lovely independent Portuguese restaurant today. It's called Nando's, hope it stays around as the chicken was really well cooked.

• Haha
We've got a seven month old poodle cross and puppy regret was a massive thing in our house, despite all of the careful consideration before we got her. It was way harder than having a baby. She's incredible and I love her beyond all reason, but there were moments when I would happily have sent her back to the breeder. Also our cat absolutely loathes her puppy playfulness and now lives upstairs permanently, I doubt Cooper is any different.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She'd be erecting statues of herself first up.
LOL can you imagine.

She'd have her face beamed onto Big Ben.

Bootstrap Cook would not only be on the GCSE Social Studies Syllabus, but the syllabuses for maths, science and eng lit too.

Radio 4's Thought for the Day would become "St Jack's Tweet of the Day"

In the law courts, defendants would no longer swear on the Bible or Quran but on a copy of Tin Can Cook.

She'd take the whole UK and Chairman Mao the fucker.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
is it at all possible to locate any of the Benedict Cumberscotch tweets? would pay good money to see them.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It's a puppy, I've never had one because we've always adopted older dogs but it's not even that it will beplaying up, it will be doing what puppies do and that will be A LOT! Loads of people can't handle the reality of it, so yeah I think she'll definitely be suffering from some buyer's remorse.
Yeah having a puppy is EFFORT.

I've had mine 6 weeks (I think) now and we're just celebrating the third day of no indoor toileting in a row.

And I still have to routinely prise cat shite out of his mouth.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

Jack talked about it here.
Christ that article gives quite a lot doesn't it?

The journalist writes that Jack is " bunged up with a heavy cold, sniffing and apologising for sniffing"....snowing?

It also shows how incredibly narcisstic she is. Huge issues like Northern Ireland and the murder of Jo Cox are seen purely through the prism of how they affect Jack.

Her ego is bigger than the WORLD.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Lads, I found a lovely independent Portuguese restaurant today. It's called Nando's, hope it stays around as the chicken was really well cooked.
I was in a Nando’s on a Saturday evening once. It was pretty chaotic as it had hit the crossover period between the tail end of people taking their children out for dinner and the start of lads going out on the lash lining their stomachs. In the middle of all this was an upper middle class, middle aged couple sipping wine and looking pained. Mr Dogs and I assumed the conversation had gone something like this.

Wife: Darling, I don’t feel like cooking tonight, do you fancy trying that new little Portuguese place in town?

Husband: Sounds good, it’ll bring back those heady days staying with Jeremy and Penny in their villa on the algarve.

Wife: I think it’s called Nando’s, shall I call and book a table? I wonder what their wine list is like…

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Has anyone watched Vogue’s life in looks with Priscilla Presley? Not even halfway through yet but can’t stop laughing at how the only other person I can think of who publicly speaks about the paparazzi/public like she does is Jack. But Priscilla was marrying Elvis & making use of Frank Sinatra’s private jet. Compared to Jack live tweeting walks to Asda & trips on the overground 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 42
From what I remember in practically every interview it's mentioned that she's full of cold/ starting with a cold/ getting over a cold.

• Haha
  • Wow
Crikey those before and after photos have sent the budgie fleeing off the keyboard....

I feel "barely sentient ham" is an attempt for a thread title. Bad luck babe, way too soon.
Possibly a prog rock album - JACKawocky and the Night Meats....

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.