Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Were you not here when she actually did have Covid, dear heart? Because it played out almost exactly how you've set out above.

Her latest "I think I might have Covid again, no, of course I'm not trying to weasel my way out of a work obligation" post reminded me of the very first official mention of dear departed OH:

View attachment 1399081

I wasn’t here when she had Covid or I suppose “Covid”. I can’t remember exactly when I joined, it was sadly after the glory of lockdown kitchen live or whatever it was called. I’m glad to know that Jack is so predictable though.

Reactions: 20
I had never noticed there was codeine in them before!
ProductActive IngredientHow they work
Day NurseParacetamol 1000 mg/30 mlPain relief and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg/30 mlDecongestant
Pholcodine 10 mg/30 mlCough suppressant
Night NurseParacetamol 1000 mg/20 mlPain relief and fever reduction
Promethazine hydrochloride 20 mg/20 mlAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15 mg/20 mlCough suppressant
Day Nurse CapsulesParacetamol 500 mg/capPain relief and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg/capDecongestant
Pholcodine 5 mg/capCough suppressant
Night Nurse CapsulesParacetamol 500 mg/capPain killer
Promethazine hydrochloride 10 mg/capAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5 mg/capCough suppressant
Day & Night Nurse Capsules
Day Time Capsules
Paracetamol 500 mg/capPain killer and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg/capDecongestant
Pholcodine 5 mg/capCough suppressant
Day & Night Nurse Capsules
Night Time Capsules
Paracetamol 500 mg/capPain relief and fever reduction
Promethazine hydrochloride 10 mg/capAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5 mg/capCough suppressant

• Wow
Reactions: 18
If the dog is hers, does anyone else get the feeling she’s finding it too hard to cope with? She’s hardly gushing about it, or doing tonnes of cute cuddly puppy pics and has been pretty quiet all in all. Wonder if it could be keeping her up/playing up loads?
It's a puppy, I've never had one because we've always adopted older dogs but it's not even that it will beplaying up, it will be doing what puppies do and that will be A LOT! Loads of people can't handle the reality of it, so yeah I think she'll definitely be suffering from some buyer's remorse.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have a trans family member who has been on T for over a decade. He is sick of JMs tit and I have permission to share. It never made him tired. The classic changes occured in that his voice changed, he got extra hair and bigger muscles. His facial features changed and he looks like his dad's double now whereas previously he was more like his mum in looks. But he also experiences mood swings and hot flushes especially in the days just before his next injection is due. His skin in the injection site is really tough now and the nurse has to rotate sites.

I think Jack was lying as usual.
I did not know T is a "forever home". Makes sense, of course, just hadn't thought it through. So interesting about the changes to who he looks like. Genes are amazing

Reactions: 22
Day and night nurse liquids both have alcohol in them. I have a service user who is in recovery. He was ill with actual covid, took them both (not at the same time) without realising. It triggered a relapse, bless him.
Oh my goodness, that's awful 😥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Apparently Day Nurse has ethanol (alcohol) and codeine in it (Jack says she can't take that).
Not recommended for recovering alcoholics.
Only the liquid contains ethanol, the capsules don't. But if she's got heart problems as she's claimed before, the pseudoephedrine hydrochloride might not be her friend, and it's not recommended to take it with some types of AD though I've forgotten which ones Jack claims to be on.

Reactions: 27
Given she's off to bed again, does that mean her SB can go back to his dad's and live a normal life? Imagine having to be round her? She's insufferable on the internet but to be in her physical presence must be worse. She portrays him like some 4yr old Norman Bates with their communal wardrobe, naughty step, bed at 7, lego flowers for mama and rock tumblers. I hope he's gone back to his dad's where he's respected.

I get so annoyed when i start to see these wankers and their make-believe cabinet members. Worse still is that Jack sees this as validation she should enter politics. She is such an hole, i'm so tired of her!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh my goodness, that's awful 😥
I know. He's an absolute sweetheart.
He was doing so, so well until then. He did have some family issues going on but was dealing with them just fine with support. He couldn't understand what caused him to relapse at first. He's not long had a detox so is doing brilliantly again 🙂. I'm dead proud of him 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Ooo I did not know that, you learn something new every day
This is what I love about the canal. I just thought the caffeine was a red flag, and look how much we've learned since! Those Day/Night Nurse are chocked full of nasties, wow, no wonder people feel better on them!

(Also resisting all urges to make Sweet Dee crack addict jokes. My mind is just going there 😂 )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
If the dog is hers, does anyone else get the feeling she’s finding it too hard to cope with? She’s hardly gushing about it, or doing tonnes of cute cuddly puppy pics and has been pretty quiet all in all. Wonder if it could be keeping her up/playing up loads?
The puppy regrets is a very real thing lots of people get, even those who have throughly done their homework and know what they’re getting into. Puppies are really hard work, I’d certainly never have one again, adopting our new boy at sixteen months was so easy in comparison. Just like any relationship the one you have with your dog deepens over time, you might adore your new puppy and want nothing but the best for it. However, in the first few months you don’t love it the way you do later on, so what you’ve got is this messy, sleep stealing, nippy, frequently manic, demanding and untrained little thing that is totally dependent on you and you’re getting very little out of the relationship. There’s no instant gratification with a puppy, it’s a long slog through the first few months and for someone like Jack who’s lazy af and used to the constant validating dopamine hits from Twitter a puppy is going to be very unrewarding.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
It's a puppy, I've never had one because we've always adopted older dogs but it's not even that it will beplaying up, it will be doing what puppies do and that will be A LOT! Loads of people can't handle the reality of it, so yeah I think she'll definitely be suffering from some buyer's remorse.
I once looked after a puppy for three hours and that went from adorable to exhausting quite fast. I have never been so pleased to see a pet owner return home in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

This is what I love about the canal. I just thought the caffeine was a red flag, and look how much we've learned since! Those Day/Night Nurse are chocked full of nasties, wow, no wonder people feel better on them!

(Also resisting all urges to make Sweet Dee crack addict jokes. My mind is just going there 😂 )
Was just going to say ‘no wonder I felt ‘happy’ when I took it’ haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.