Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its always her ‘glands’ isn’t it? (Well, that and the other thousand ailments I suppose, but a lot of glands).
I had glandular fever (is it still called that?) as a child, and never suffered as much with mine as Jack does with hers. As others have said, she'll either be sulking no one wanted her amazing take on the BoJo situation, or she'll have something she's trying to get out of. But y'know, she's always hard at work saving for that forever hydrangea

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Apparently Day Nurse has ethanol (alcohol) and codeine in it (Jack says she can't take that).
Not recommended for recovering alcoholics.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I absolute saw this! Big huge red flag! It’s just not necessary, in fact I think if you asked pretty much any professional who had knowledge and experience of such situation, “should I invite my very new recovering alcoholic friends round to mine so they can be a role model my for my darling child?’, the reply would be ‘probs maybe not the best plan on SO many levels’ … just hazarding a guess here … 🌸
The AA folk are also likely to come and go. It's not the same as consistent role modelling.

I have friends who are fathers plural to their daughter. It makes me burst with pride and love when she turns to me for that different view or confirmation or trampoline rumble that she might not get with her Dads, (sometimes in rumbles I think it's as primitive as feeling a female body.) "Can I tell you something?" "What's it like having breasts?" And I have worked jolly hard to achieve that. I turn up. I have turned up for 8 years so that I'm part of her life furniture. It's not rock and roll all the time, either. But when she slips her hand into mine because her Dads aren't there and she needs an adult, or declares "it's not BOSSY to be a leader, you wouldn't say that to a boy", and if she takes me for granted because she can RELY on me, or farts in my face, then I've done it right, and *that's* role modelling, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
In the time I’ve been following these threads Jack must have retired to bed with an illness at least 12 times

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Go away IndyRef Jack, no one wants you!

She's such a weapon. "the scraps that Westminster reluctantly throws every now and then while bleeding your resources dry" - FFS I want out of the Union but it's so much more complicated than this, and she just doesn't understand that.
If we actually do get independence, you can bet that Jack will be one of those annoying middle class centrists who threaten want to move to Scotland to escape Tory England. Numerous Guardian articles will follow where she describes herself as a "refugee" and compares herself to Ukrainians fleeing the Russian invasion. She'll then credit Scotland for allowing her to really find herself, and for being the spiritual home she never thought she'd find.

• Sick
Reactions: 45
I would have thought going on testosterone wouldn’t make someone tired given it’s performance enhancing effects for athletes?

I have a trans family member who has been on T for over a decade. He is sick of JMs tit and I have permission to share. It never made him tired. The classic changes occured in that his voice changed, he got extra hair and bigger muscles. His facial features changed and he looks like his dad's double now whereas previously he was more like his mum in looks. But he also experiences mood swings and hot flushes especially in the days just before his next injection is due. His skin in the injection site is really tough now and the nurse has to rotate sites.

I think Jack was lying as usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Ha ha! Get in there squig!

I should stress I have nothing against people changing their mind on issues. I do it all the time, the difference is like most people I go from one sincerely held opinion to another sincerely held opinion. Jack just spews out content.
I completely changed my mind re Indy ref. I was a fervent no. Then all the promises made by the Tories about the benefits of voting no were a huge lie (standard), Brexit happened, Boris happened and now I can't wait to vote yes and live in an independent Scotland. I was born in England and have English family but my family and I feel Scottish and I've lived here more than 35 of my 40 something years. Jack however just chooses an opinion based on her mood when she gets up

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If the dog is hers, does anyone else get the feeling she’s finding it too hard to cope with? She’s hardly gushing about it, or doing tonnes of cute cuddly puppy pics and has been pretty quiet all in all. Wonder if it could be keeping her up/playing up loads?

Reactions: 39
Day and night nurse liquids both have alcohol in them. I have a service user who is in recovery. He was ill with actual covid, took them both (not at the same time) without realising. It triggered a relapse, bless him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.