Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for this squig, he's just sharing his actual experience of dealing with people struggling with addiction. It's not all sunshine and lollipops and expensive dayhab. ☹

one of my family members was violently attacked (in their workplace) by someone who was high on drugs. I have no issue with anyone struggling with addiction, but it's disingenuous to imply that it's not challenging to deal with their behaviour and actions. I mean, that's almost the definition of why drug use is a problem.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
If I was desperate enough I would 100% steal from a supermarket. And would also almost certainly turn a blind eye if I saw someone else doing it¹. But 1) I'm not a brand ambassador for anyone and 2) I don't claim any form of moral high ground on, well, anything.

¹with the caveat that if asked later by police / security I would tell the truth.

Reactions: 41
B...B...But Jack! It's YOU that's being rude to strangers on a Tuesday night, you confused old Pumble

• Haha
Reactions: 43
LJC, she's only gone and retweeted the burglar bill (now lurpack Jack!) post AGAIN!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Is castlemaine XXXX Jack with us? Strewth
Ya flamin galah, are ya feeling crook or have ya been blowing the froth off a few this arvo? Wait until cookie and our other Ozzie fraus get here they’ll stop ya carrying on like a pork chop ya bogan!

5ED0C28B-DA14-4AE9-A1C6-80A200EAD825.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
It sounds like she might have already been given her marching orders by Superdrug - and HMRC have told her they want a piece of her pie (eww)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Is castlemaine XXXX Jack with us? Strewth
Ya flamin galah, are ya feeling crook or have ya been blowing the froth off a few this arvo? Wait until cookie and our other Ozzie fraus get here they’ll stop ya carrying on like a pork chop ya bogan!

View attachment 1395380
Chose her words so carefully, she’s deleted the tweets

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
WHY DOES SHE KEEP RETWEETING HOW SOBER SHE IS? Jesus, it's literally clogging up my twitter when I'm trying to see if boris is going to go!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I feel for this squig, he's just sharing his actual experience of dealing with people struggling with addiction. It's not all sunshine and lollipops and expensive dayhab. ☹

one of my family members was violently attacked (in their workplace) by someone who was high on drugs. I have no issue with anyone struggling with addiction, but it's disingenuous to imply that it's not challenging to deal with their behaviour and actions. I mean, that's almost the definition of why drug use is a problem.
Exactly. We've got huge problems with drug dealers and their customers in our blocks of flats in work. The ASB, pissing and shitting everywhere, drug and sex litter, threatening elderly and vulnerable people. It's dreadful. And quite honestly, this may make me sound callous, but while I do feel for the addicts, when I'm comforting a scared elderly person yet again, calling for a clean up of tit and piss, or being threatened myself after asking nicely for them to move on, couldn't give a duck about 'being kind'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
I once saw a clearly homeless man steal a bottle of wine from a supermarket. I said nothing. Solidarity, Jack! ✊
Not long ago, I directed a couple of ~junkies~ to the UHT milk when they were filling the covered baby bit of their shopping trolley with what was clearly provisions to help them come off the junk. The security guard (who was nice to them actually) was following them about and guess what? They left the supermarket empty handed. It's just sad. She has no idea how the real world works, you're either evil or lovely in her eyes, no in between.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.