Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regards healthy start vouchers (off top of my head) they’ve now gone digital so families get a card that’s contactless and goes ting, like any other debit or credit card 💳 so there’s no more shame inducing counting out vouchers whilst actual ninnies tut at you for holding up the queue. It’s about £4.25 per kid under 4 years old per week. Can use it on formula, milk, fruit and veg and to be eligible I think you have to have a total household income of less than £16,190 which is same for free childcare for 2 year olds or 2 steps forward as it was when SB was a nip

🔺 ring your local authority children’s services or health visiting team for more details and tell a POOR! 🔺

ETA This is the kind of useful information she could be sharing.

and… Thanks (or no thanks depending on how you look at it) to Marcus rashford our area (and I’m sure other areas) now offer a holiday scheme for kids entitled to free school meals 10-2pm at various sports clubs, after school gaffs, youth clubs trampoline parks you name it where you get free childcare and a hot meal every day of the hols (the no thanks bit is that all the spaces are full because of the funded kids and I can’t get childcare for my packed lunch eating Mini-ninnies luckily my family can help me and I don’t begrudge them kids really, fun and fed is what they need)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
What was the actual context for this. I can't imagine another good writer or ahem "political commentator " posing in grim shorts and grimy sports bra. If she imagined she looked alluring, sexy or enticing she'd be much mistaken
This was all for Louisa’s benefit IMO. (She had just left). To show her what she was missing!
It’s so weird and deeply unsexy. TBH at the time I suspected that, for extra creepiness, she was modelling some of Louisa’s saggy old sports wear she’d left behind when she bolted out the front door. Looking at the pics again now, I’m not sure I was wrong.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Maybe she's angry over a lack of Nightmeat for stealing tonight. Word got about Thorpe Bay and they're all crawling the streets for some rancid sausage.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Is Jack back on the old J1g? And is the problematic loose cannon the same one Big Dave, Southend's leading Marxist landlord, fired to celebrate Jubilee day?

You think Superdrug are going to say, well, you know, Jack does have a point! Jack, too late to delete, the snitch tagging has happened. That forever home that you think you are entitled to is melting away faster than a defrosting pumble, and your agent will be messaging you via Twitter again.

And no one is going to buy your pathetic book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Is Jack back on the old J1g? And is the problematic loose cannon the same one Big Dave, Southend's leading Marxist landlord, fired to celebrate Jubilee day?

You think Superdrug are going to say, well, you know, Jack does have a point! Jack, too late to delete, the snitch tagging has happened. That forever home that you think you are entitled to is melting away faster than a defrosting pumble, and your agent will be messaging you via Twitter again.

Sounds like Superdrug has already sacked her after the Lorraine shambles.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
@colouredlines Your pumble was both a triumph (in forensic detail & effort) and a failure (following a Jack recipe). Your commentary is worthy of a BAFTA at the very least.

The butter thing is a classic - no detail on why the price has gone up. I most likely mentioned too many times in Jan / Feb that the whole supply chain needs considering when setting consumer costs. Farmer raising cows, breeding then milking cows. Milk transported to a dairy. Dairy processing of milk to pasteurized milk, cheese, yoghurt, butter etc. Some of that transported to a factory for packaging, some might be on site. Then to a distribution centre, then on to shops. All these people need remuneration at an appropriate rate. It's a huge industry, and importing from Denmark isn't going to lower costs outside the EU.

TLDR: supermarkets are in competition with each other, so only raise prices if they have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Imagine the scenes at Superdrug HQ when they discuss how the brand collab is going: "well so far she's told everyone to put shampoo in their washing machines and steal what they need from our stores".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Sounds like Superdrug has already sacked her after the Lorraine shambles.
Other than the initial announcement about her being a brand ambassador, has there been a peep about Superdrug from her other than the Lorraine interview which was just shite? If I were them I'd definitely want my money back.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She's such a hypocrite. I remember she attempted to insult the canal by calling us "addicts".

So save your sanctimonious tweets pumble features!

• Haha
Reactions: 56

I'm going to steal it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She's such a hypocrite. I remember she attempted to insult the canal by calling us "addicts".

So save your sanctimonious tweets pumble features!
That was one of the worst things she’s said (in my eyes). I reported the tweet at the time, but it’s still there.

774C5448-EB0F-4F54-97EF-2282B3824FF2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.