Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'You get out in the world, you take more tit. You climb a little higher, you take less tit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what tit even looks like. Welcome to the layer pumble, son'

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Agatha Christie was also keen on train drama. Not sure I'll be paying for Jack's versions though...The Mystery of the Lost Tile? The Secret of the Meaty Backpack?
Who wrote Strangers on a Train? For Jack it could be Wanker on a Train, Tile on a Train Floor or Mediterranean Arse Under a Train.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why can't someone tell her she writes badly. Is she with a vanity publishing house? These people who love her work, they aren't buying it, they are reading it on her blog. What other authors does her publisher handle?
She really is a terrible writer.

I particularly dislike her overuse of using “and” over and over (and over and over) again as a form of emphasis.

Reactions: 29
she just doesn’t seem to realise how inappropriate it is to sexy pose with an animal.
Exactly. I know this probably sounds absolutely ridiculous and I’m still finding it hard to articulate properly, but I feel sorry for the animals, I feel like it’s slightly violating them. I know they don’t know what’s going on, but it’s just… creepy. To me, there is a big difference between the dog-eating-boot video and this. Whereas to her I don’t think there is. I dunno, maybe it’s because while I love dogs, I’d never want one to lick me? She just takes it too far. It probably bothers me more than it should.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack's excerpt from the intro of The Hunger Names has so far got 1,550 likes. Can someone so some Big Maths and figure out what percentage of her 548.8k followers have liked it? I'm hoping it's somewhere in the region of 0.334%.
LESS! It is 0.282%

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Jack's excerpt from the intro of The Hunger Names has so far got 1,550 likes. Can someone so some Big Maths and figure out what percentage of her 548.8k followers have liked it? I'm hoping it's somewhere in the region of 0.334%.
Glad to know we're not the only ones that find Jack Monroe: The Hunger Names totally distasteful.

Hey Jack, no one wants your crappy book.

Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Glad to know we're not the only ones that find Jack Monroe: The Hunger Names totally distasteful.

Hey Jack, no one wants your crappy book.

Now duck off.
It's been a while since we had a duck off or a get fucked. Jack, bring back all the hits, we are enjoying the laughs today.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I found the TMC books oddly comforting like reading an episode of Midsummer Murders, but they are hardly works of literary note.

Watch her leap on JKR when the next Strike book is published "people want to compare me to JKR, were both single mothers and I've thought about writing a crime novel, but I'm nothing like her..." (Yeah Jackie because she's successful)
And JK Rowling has principles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I just want to ask you all to watch AIDS the unheard tapes on BBC iplayer. It is so moving, I have spent the past three hours going from laughter, to sadness, tears and anger.

The second episode is particularly emotional. It brought back so many memories that I had forgotten. The activism, the stigma, section 28, the queerbashing, the camaraderie, the support, the self help, the compassion, the hatred, the love, the protests, the demonstrations, and the kindness and charity. The way AIDS patients were treated by even the nursing profession was dehumanising. The Royal college of Nursing fought so that no nurse would be expected to work with AIDS patients if they didn't want to. Porters and ancillary staff refused to go anywhere near patients. It was horrific.

The programme has ignited emotions that I have kept under control for most of the past few years. But remembering what I have lived though in my lifetime has made realise how lucky I am, not only to have lived though such times, but I am still here to tell the tale. An amazing life all the same. And there's still a few years in the old dog yet.

Please watch all three episodes, it so important that these men's voices are not forgotten.

On topic, Jack has no idea of what true activism is. Those that marched in the 1970's and 80's Gay liberation marches, fighting against section 28, fighting for equality of the age of consent, all could show jack what activism is. And it's not sitting in the comfort of your home shouting to the converted.

Being part of a group of people with the same aims and objectives is what activism is about, not a lone voice shouting angrily and getting nowhere. Lone voices are easily humoured and appeased and are, as Jack is finding, for the most part ignored.

Sorry if this has landed in an odd place, I still have 20 pages to Grunk.

• Heart
Reactions: 134
Grunking but just wanted to say how amazing the canal are and the importance of having somewhere like tattle to talk anonymously is!

I foolishly got drawn into an argument about the problematic history of a dead celebrity on social media only for someone to rip all my details off my profile including a picture they had obviously spent time looking for and threatened to falsely out me as a paedophile for the crime of quoting stuff said in interviews by said celeb! Just goes to show how horrible SM is and what lengths people are prepared to go to to 'protect' people they have no actual connection to.

Hopefully it was an empty threat but I must admit it did spook me a bit, think I'l just stick with the ninnies from now on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
There needs to be some sort of three step authentication on spoilers.
•Spoiler
•Are you sure you want to open this spoiler?
•Spoiler may contain sensitive material. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want to open spoiler? 😏
I knew, KNEW, I shouldn’t look, and I still did. I’m resigning from the cabal, I’m evidently too stupid. I should be a jackolyte instead

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 31
There needs to be some sort of three step authentication on spoilers.
•Spoiler
•Are you sure you want to open this spoiler?
•Spoiler may contain sensitive material. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want to open spoiler? 😏
I'd like to see the outtakes, tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.