Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There needs to be some sort of three step authentication on spoilers.
•Spoiler
•Are you sure you want to open this spoiler?
•Spoiler may contain sensitive material. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want to open spoiler? 😏
Step four:

A4115C4D-1426-44E1-9828-A8704C565B76.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
"trashy" crime novel ..OT
I'm currently reading "Thursday Murder Club". I finally caved in, as it seems to be so popular.

I just don't get it. It's like every stereotype about older people, cobbled together with a thin storyline. Werther's Originals, Countdown, Bus passes etc etc.

But I doubt Jack could do any better. She raved about TMC, having been given an advance copy by Richard Osman .
Way behind today, (I’ve been at WORK, Jack), but unfortunately I think this may be why her book might sell - people are so dumbed down that they’re incapable of critical thinking and want everything told to them like some dystopian horror tale, hence the unspeakably tasteless name she’s elected to use for her ‘book’.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Poor VBI sitting alone listening to Taylor Swift and pining for Jack. It should whip out a nip and sign up for Tinder. #SexVBI
Beloved Taylor, meanwhile is BUSY rocking out with THAT MAN. And Jack? You can’t dance sit with them.

8161AEAD-BE17-4E8D-8EC3-54B86AFC344D.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack's excerpt from the intro of The Hunger Names has so far got 1,550 likes. Can someone so some Big Maths and figure out what percentage of her 548.8k followers have liked it? I'm hoping it's somewhere in the region of 0.334%.
That's not a lot for Jack is it. She used to get 6k plus likes in a couple of hours back in the halcyon days when she was bullying Jamie Oliver and getting TV show slots in reward.

And JK Rowling has principles.
I think the biggest difference is that JK Rowling knows how to write fiction and make it convincing.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That's not a lot for Jack is it. She used to get 6k plus likes in a couple of hours back in the halcyon days when she was bullying Jamie Oliver and getting TV show slots in reward.

I think the biggest difference is that JK Rowling knows how to write fiction and make it convincing.
Plus Rowling doesn't RENT and has been MARRIED to her OH for over 22 years. TOOT TOOT!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Just catching up so this will land somewhere weird, just in the murder mystery book title section, not a murder title and this has no doubt been suggested in the past but a new cookbook could be called Jack Monroe, Fifty Shades of Grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I feel that this tweet has not gotten the attention it deserves:

1657035348533.png

Jack, have you heard of a thing called rentier capitalism? Go on, of course you have, you cheeky little pixie - you've got all those Marx books haven't you? it's when someone gains a monopoly to a property, product or service, hogs it, and lives off it WITHOUT PRODUCING ANYTHING IN RETURN.

You know....a bit like your Patreon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Just catching up so this will land somewhere weird, just in the murder mystery book title section, not a murder title and this has no doubt been suggested in the past but a new cookbook could be called Jack Monroe, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Careful, you’ll get her setting up a new patreon tier

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't think her flying monkeys are as vociferous as they usually are either.

Reactions: 38
I vaguely recall her asking people to send her their poverty stories. Did she say it was for 'research' or did she specifically mention that they would be used in a book from which she will presumably profit?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I vaguely recall her asking people to send her their poverty stories. Did she say it was for 'research' or did she specifically mention that they would be used in a book from which she will presumably profit?
She said it was a book but promised to pay every one that got used. Hope people don’t see their stories used - even part of them - without payment arranged. It’s something like this that would definitely get a newspaper interested…

Reactions: 40
She said it was a book but promised to pay every one that got used. Hope people don’t see their stories used - even part of them - without payment arranged. It’s something like this that would definitely get a newspaper interested…
Yes, and then, IIRC, someone tweeted her (having emailed a bunch of times) asking what had happened with the personal story she had sent in. She was concerned because she had revealed very personal stuff in her story and was upset that Jack had not acknowledged it and it didn't appear to have been used. Jack got really shirty with her, claiming she couldn't find her email, then claiming she had many thousands of emails, then claiming she'd deleted the person's story after all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I’ve seen some really funny stuff on these threads but Nightmeat is toooooo funny! That and the rucksack of animal body parts have to be my favourite ever!

Also those trainers in the photo, where the dog is licking her scabby leg, the trainers cost about £120 a pop!
Her collection of fugly designer trainers is extensive

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.