Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for this squig, he's just sharing his actual experience of dealing with people struggling with addiction. It's not all sunshine and lollipops and expensive dayhab. ☹

one of my family members was violently attacked (in their workplace) by someone who was high on drugs. I have no issue with anyone struggling with addiction, but it's disingenuous to imply that it's not challenging to deal with their behaviour and actions. I mean, that's almost the definition of why drug use is a problem.
Having been on the receiving end of physical violence and verbal abuse as a young newly qualified nurse from IV drug users, drunks and those kin alcohol withdrawal I can confirm it can be utterly terrifying. Those same people could be completely charming when not under the influence or properly medicated for withdrawal. I would never say an addict is not worthy of my empathy and compassion but...I was very scared on more than one occasion and physically injured several times. Perhaps Jack hasn't had to endure that. I'm really sorry I have tried and failed to spoiler this.
Edited to add that it's why as I undertake my counselling studies, I have recognised that I'm not in the right place emotionally to work with addicts in recovery or with an alcohol charity (following my experiences with a close friend whose addiction killed her). I had hoped Jack's recovery would open her up to compassion and mental growth.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
An excellent thread by Dresserman. Jack could probably do some good if she didn’t come across as a petulant child who’s in 3rd year Modern Studies.
Just reading Dressermans thread reminded me of a recent dog walk when a guy walked up to me, opened one side of his jacket and asked if I wanted to buy any steak 😂
It’s understandable why some items are tagged given rising prices. Pine nuts are a thing of the past in this house as a result!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
These people are absolute fantasists. Where was the council estate? Narnia?

View attachment 1395820
As I turned towards the door to find the culprit I heard a voice whisper “Jack Monroe said it would be ok to steal from you, we are all in this together” and I felt a warm glow come over me. Thank you for all you do Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
what a grunk! what i've gauged from this is that Jack absolutely HATES being called a capitalist and will start promoting theft in a bizarre attempt to avoid being called one

@Elastoblast yes i am - congrats to you too! Omg i have the same problem, i think the disorganisation aspect comes with the territory when it comes to counselling for some reason?! it's highly frustrating. training in general is so expensive and requires so much bloody paperwork!

Congratulations Blurst! We had a whip round and some salad bag botulism, three kippers from the freezer of doom and a portion of nightmeat are on their way to you!!

(You’re going to be voluntarily eating the complimentary towels aren’t you 😬)
you're never going to let me forget that story are you lenny 😅 (i love it)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I just read through the squiggle replies to her tweets and by christ it's embarrassing. These waitrose shopping centrists and blue ticks would rather die than shop alongside people stealing to survive. It's all performative bollocks and lies and it makes me want to puke. There are even squiggles apologising that their kids who work in supermarkets have to speak up if they see shoplifters. That's the level of madness we've reached.

She encourages this utter claptrap. This squiggle is particularly egregious.

View attachment 1395424
I was behind a lady and her daughter at the till and she was having to put back items. Bread, basic biscuits. I asked the cashier how much she was short and I paid the difference. I didn't tell anybody other than my husband because it didn't make me feel all warm inside, it made me unbelievably sad that this family was struggling to afford even the most basic day-to-day items.

I'm glad I'm reading this guff second-hand because it's making me so cross. Everything's a performance. Empty words and fictional scenarios. I can't bring myself to look at the bin-fire that is Saint Jackie's Twitter. She's a knob. And she's gross. And the squigs are as bad for both encouraging and/or ignoring the danger tweets.

I hope a kindly shoplifter nicks her phone.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
You know what Jackerooo..couldn't you just sign post the poors to your muddy puddle darling ?
They'll be set up for life then.
Emins,Tiffs,baby formula.. stealing a living 🤗💅

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The only identity Jack can't be accused of larping is 'total lying bleep' because she's that for real.

Sorry, Mancbee.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
5 pages behind so apologies, but I can’t help but wonder if Thorpe Bay and private rehabs have spared her from the reality of living in areas with serious drug problems (often instigated/exacerbated by poverty)?

Like unsurprisingly the demographics of meetings vary depending on location. There are the meetings you’ll go to and hear the showbiz coke and wine stories & those where you’ll hear the ex rough sleeping and heroin stories. Nearly everyone is well and shows remorse for what they’ve done (something Jack doesn’t engage in or mention?) and openly admit to the damage they caused…and most people in cities have experience of seeing some scary tit from drug users. Like another frau (blurst?) said it’s almost as if people aren’t all good pure dear hearts or evil tories, otherwise good ppl are capable of bad things through the choices they make.

Living in an area with a drug problem is horrible, and oftentimes scary. As a woman often home alone in the ends I used to have to plan my day so I wouldn’t go out late at night needlessly, cash points were a no go ever cos so many ppl got mugged at them, being scared when a roadman wants to chat to you and you don’t wanna look rude as you’ll be walking past him for the foreseeable future, the terror of crossing ur block’s underground car park alone as ppl went to use in there, like these are all problems she’s not got a clue about
It’s not mean to admit that drug use comes with a ton of social problems caused by users and peddlers, it’s the truth. Obviously we can have empathy but you can also be incredibly annoyed our communities are being ruined like this?

Sorry for essay tldr easy for a posho to lecture us on something she’ll never have to experience living amongst.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Honestly, this all shows how much she hates admitting she was wrong. Jack says people shoplift because they are poor and can't afford bread; someone says no, they're funding a drug habit; Jack says that's fabulous, we should all be supporting our local heroin addict.

I mean...no one thinks this is a good take, right? Even the maddest Jackolytes?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
🤔 hmm...just wondering if the 🦮 is us heading twds Laurie being identified as an assistance dog? X

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Chose her words so carefully, she’s deleted the tweets
Honestly, this all shows how much she hates admitting she was wrong. Jack says people shoplift because they are poor and can't afford bread; someone says no, they're funding a drug habit; Jack says that's fabulous, we should all be supporting our local heroin addict.

I mean...no one thinks this is a good take, right? Even the maddest Jackolytes?
I wouldn't underestimate how mad the maddest jackolytes are....

🤔 hmm...just wondering if the 🦮 is us heading twds Laurie being identified as an assistance dog? X
Didn't Liz Jones say her dogs were assistance dogs for her poor hearing, despite Hearing Dogs for the Deaf having not trained them and it was just her?

ETA here it is https://limpingchicken.com/2014/10/20/jones-fake-hearing-dogs/

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Do we have a grown up around who can make a new thread? I'm not even capable of spoilering a post!!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Butter prices have been steadily increasing for the past year. Used to buy basic at around £1.30, it’s now £1.89. This isn’t news. But a forensic price watcher would know this, no?
Butter has been expensive for ages. My mum's has been moaning about the price of golden cow( NI) butter for about 3 years. Is she more forensic that jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Knowing jacks habit of exaggeration, "working at a rehab" probably just means she put the chairs away after a group session or helped make lunch
And feeding them = offering everyone one of her delicious vinegary chips.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.