Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, according to Jack, if you can't afford something just steal it.
Did she mention that Jacktip on Lorraine?
Re the formula milk, if anyone is desperate then either ask their health visitor for help or go to a food bank and they will refer you on. Babies are never left to starve in the UK, and it's irresponsible to suggest they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Shoplifters are inherently capitalist round our way. If i wanted a cheap joint of beef, baby milk, batteries, headphones, designer shampoo etc I know who to ask. The cliché of the poverty stricken person nicking the odd item is just that. It happens but nowhere near as much as Jack believes..

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Good morning Jack. I was an injecting opiate and amphetamine addict for many years. Part of my recovery involves acknowledging that in order to get my gear I did terrible things and hurt people. The fact that I was deeply traumatised as a child and took drugs in part as a reaction to that DOES NOT EXCUSE MY BAD BEHAVIOUR. By all means shoplift, but don't think you won't be held accountable for it because it's not a victimless crime. It inflates prices and reduces staff wages. It causes moral injury to staff who may be from the same communities as the shoplifters. Drugs felt delicious and I enjoyed them for quite some time until it got tricky- for me, not others. It's never a simple story of taking the first hit to "dull the pain". You know very little because you aren't really interested in other people and i don't believe you're willing or able to change this. They're accessories and props in your own grand larping narrative.
Congratulations on your recovery!

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Yel

I'm going to be one of those annoying people that hasn't read the last 10 pages (yet) and just repeats what's already been said.

But this formula milk shoplifting shows how corrosive she is. It's a complicated picture and disingenuous to present it as if all that steal formula milk are doing it to feed starving children.

It doesn't help anyone by disingenuously railing up people. But that's social media for you; misleading stuff for attention that seaks to divide. A functioning society where people weren't looking for any reason to rip others to bits wouldn't be very profitable to jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I love how she says it's not forensic when Literally everything discussed here is lifted from the source. It's like taking fingerprints from a crime scene with a known criminal being involved and then him saying it's not true🥴

Reactions: 26
Quick question ninnies, she's never actually been diagnosed with ADHD or ASD as far as we know has she?

Reactions: 36
I actually missed this hat origin tweet first time around! "I feel cute as a tiny shiny button" duck off you self obsessed malevolent narc, cute you are not pal 😂
I had the exact same thought. She looks TERRIBLE. It’s an awful awful hat and she looks idiotic in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Quick question ninnies, she's never actually been diagnosed with ADHD or ASD as far as we know has she?
According to her an educational psychiatrist visited her house when she was a child and nothing more was said on the matter. She then went to the GP who saw a diagnosis of autism on her record and asked if she had ever followed it up. Apparently her parents hid it from her. She had 99% of the symptoms of classic autism apparently (ignoring that "classic autism" is the most severe type of autism e.g. often with language delay, social challenges (not just being a bit socially awkward) etc)

• Angry
Reactions: 52
She's very sketchy with the details. She has said she was diagnosed as a child, by an educational psychologist (who don't diagnose) and her parents hid it from her. Then there's this from an article in 2019 -

Screenshot_20220706-082715.png

So all very 🧐 tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I actually missed this hat origin tweet first time around! "I feel cute as a tiny shiny button" duck off you self obsessed malevolent narc, cute you are not pal 😂
Hats definitely aren't Jack's flex.

Jack Monroe: The twit In The Hat.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-27-at-103353.png
Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 10.31.06.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Butter prices have been steadily increasing for the past year. Used to buy basic at around £1.30, it’s now £1.89. This isn’t news. But a forensic price watcher would know this, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Much sense from Dresserman on Twitter this am on the social science behind shop lifting. He has knowledge and experience of in store theft; causes and consequences. But basically he says JM is talking a load of tit. Apologies I can’t do the tech to screen grab his tweets and post them here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I really really hate that “are you okay? Have you got someone to talk to?” bullshit. It’s deliberately undermining, gaslighting, dressed up as caring. She’s so bloody awful all the bloody time. As though someone might be not okay simply by virtue of disagreeing with her! Flipping cheek.

If you can’t cope with people disagreeing with you, or pointing out your rank hypocrisy (and sometimes your sheer stupidity), stop inviting comment by posting every passing thought on Twitter, Jack. Twitter isn’t a school prize giving, no one has to tell you you’re marvellous. Grow the hell up.

ETA that I don’t know why this of all her nonsense has particularly upset me tonight, but it has. It’s not even the worse thing she’s ever said (far from it!), but really says so much about her. She will say anything, there really are no boundaries.
It's horrible and very revealing. She'd be as well writing "ha ha ha, you've got bad mentals" it's equally nasty but at least has the virtue of being honest. be kind to Jack and as nasty as you like to anyone who annoys her. She's a stupid, spiteful child.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Much sense from Dresserman on Twitter this am on the social science behind shop lifting. He has knowledge and experience of in store theft; causes and consequences. But basically he says JM is talking a load of tit. Apologies I can’t do the tech to screen grab his tweets and post them here.
Thread here x

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Ahh, that was Jack's two days working in an unspecified role at a private rehab place.

Not working in a supermarket and being spat at, threatened, and racially abused by the type of person Jack would cross the road to avoid. Because that isn't traumatizing for the staff that work there.

Like Jack, I know which side I'm on.
Knowing jacks habit of exaggeration, "working at a rehab" probably just means she put the chairs away after a group session or helped make lunch

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.