Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Firstly, I am going to stop these long spoilered rants after this. It isn’t helping anyone, least of all Jack, who I am aiming them at. It all feels so sadly repetitive.

If anyone follows Miguel and saw his stories yesterday, they would have seen that he had to dispose of a lot of used drug paraphernalia in his bins. He did it with his usual Miguel humour but you could tell he was mainly scared for his son coming into contact with it. Drugs affect everyone in different ways. We cannot judge. Jack judges but in a subtle way that she thinks we don’t notice.

The thing with her is that she has such as one sided view of everything and her tweets last night demonstrated this once again. We had year 7s at school not come in because they were tired from running drugs all night. Does she have any idea that goes on? She flippantly mentions misusing pain in her essay to us but could she tell you the first thing about the breadth of people in the US who are currently on the edge of life due to the Sackler family? She uses works like “vulnerable” when talking about addicts but we all know she only has one view of an addict in her mind and that is the one grinning back at her when she looks in a mirror.

It breaks my heart when she tweets this stuff about working in a rehab, having an ED or having care with words. It is all lies. I have ultimate control over my own behaviour but words affect my behaviour and yesterday was tit. In terms of eating, it was tit. I did that. I ate like that but her words contributed to it.

I apologise for the rant. I apologise for the bluntness. I just can’t anymore. She is too much. This escalation of behaviour and lies is too much.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 99
Firstly, I am going to stop these long spoilered rants after this. It isn’t helping anyone, least of all Jack, who I am aiming them at. It all feels so sadly repetitive.

If anyone follows Miguel and saw his stories yesterday, they would have seen that he had to dispose of a lot of used drug paraphernalia in his bins. He did it with his usual Miguel humour but you could tell he was mainly scared for his son coming into contact with it. Drugs affect everyone in different ways. We cannot judge. Jack judges but in a subtle way that she thinks we don’t notice.

The thing with her is that she has such as one sided view of everything and her tweets last night demonstrated this once again. We had year 7s at school not come in because they were tired from running drugs all night. Does she have any idea that goes on? She flippantly mentions misusing pain in her essay to us but could she tell you the first thing about the breadth of people in the US who are currently on the edge of life due to the Sackler family? She uses works like “vulnerable” when talking about addicts but we all know she only has one view of an addict in her mind and that is the one grinning back at her when she looks in a mirror.

It breaks my heart when she tweets this stuff about working in a rehab, having an ED or having care with words. It is all lies. I have ultimate control over my own behaviour but words affect my behaviour and yesterday was tit. In terms of eating, it was tit. I did that. I ate like that but her words contributed to it.

I apologise for the rant. I apologise for the bluntness. I just can’t anymore. She is too much. This escalation of behaviour and lies is too much.
Don’t apologise - every word you write rings true.
Jackie gal damages people with her history of lies

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Did any of the squigs ask her if she shoplifted during The Poverty(TM)? If they did I’d bet it would be “heaven forfend, not I!!”

Reactions: 34
Will she literally just say she’s worked everywhere and anywhere to try and seem legit, ffs.

and this is so so far behind but I’ve had to grunk for so long to get here, the best bit of Thursday Murder Club for me was when they thought Ashford station must have a few decent shops being international and everything and i shared the disappointment at how crap it is!
This reminds me of when OH and I went to USA on holiday we had a stop off at Charlotte airport which had loads of places to eat and shop etc but we thought we’d wait til we got to Memphis airport and our motel to eat. Oh dear. 11pm. Starving. Nothing at Memphis airport whatsoever and nothing in or around our hotel apart from a drive through over the road. We risked our lives running across that road and had to beg them to do us some food cos we are all the way from London and starving (they had a sign on the window “no walk ups after 8pm”). They took pity on us and made us some greasy food. It was heaven.

Reactions: 29
That 'when you see someone steal x, you didn't see it' is basically her imitating the Jorts the cat account, isn't she (except that the Jorts account isn't trying to monetize their account and the only time they sold a zine for charity they were completely transparent about where the money went to).

The 'when you see people steal food, it migth be for a reason' argument was instilled in us growing up, just like 'don't be a snitch'. My parents also hated virtue signaling though, or bragging about doing good. (ETA, when I was very young my parents ran a fishmongers-like shop, from which it wasn't possible to shoplift, but they did understand problems shopkeepers face, they were not naive in that sense or dogmatic)

Anyway, my point is that Jack Monroe is doing everything for likes or casheos, so very not impressed with her in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 40
Jack is certainly stealing her wages from Superdrug, that’s for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Lads! From now on everything in Superdrug is FREE FREE FREE!

View attachment 1395289

View attachment 1395290
If she is so big on helping, why doesn't she give away her next book and pay back the money she got from publisher herself.

Sometimes putting your money where your mouth is says alot pet, give away your books for nothing ( all of them) don't sell recipies or crappy pics of tree and the talk to the big guys about giving tit away.

Reactions: 25
You copywrote blogs for the rehab clinic which failed to do a single thing about your toxic personality, Jack. It’s not exactly working with addicts on the frontline. Christ.
And they got you to post someone else's blog about narcissism 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Thread title nomination?
She’s such a sweary Mary isn’t she. I swear a lot more than I should but not at work and in the work I produce. I think she thinks it makes her come across more passionate or that she cares more but it really doesn’t.

I’m surprised she doesn’t blame poverty for that too.
I was thinking this too. I also swear a lot and don’t object to it (outside of a professional context) but there’s something especially off-putting about Jack’s swearing here. It doesn’t come across as righteous anger, it just comes across as bitter and unhinged. Add it to the list of things she can’t get right, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
When she says "Goodnight"... I don't believe her.
She's going to end up like wynona Ryder isn't she, caught around Southend with a jumper full of lurpak butter.

When asked my the police why she did it,

Her" It's prinicples see? I can afford it, but some people cant and I am for the people see"

Police man" There are other brands available you know"

* Her clawing at the floor*. "principles"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Good morning Jack. I was an injecting opiate and amphetamine addict for many years. Part of my recovery involves acknowledging that in order to get my gear I did terrible things and hurt people. The fact that I was deeply traumatised as a child and took drugs in part as a reaction to that DOES NOT EXCUSE MY BAD BEHAVIOUR. By all means shoplift, but don't think you won't be held accountable for it because it's not a victimless crime. It inflates prices and reduces staff wages. It causes moral injury to staff who may be from the same communities as the shoplifters. Drugs felt delicious and I enjoyed them for quite some time until it got tricky- for me, not others. It's never a simple story of taking the first hit to "dull the pain". You know very little because you aren't really interested in other people and i don't believe you're willing or able to change this. They're accessories and props in your own grand larping narrative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 140

I hear you, and I feel your words, dear heart xx

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Will she ever go an duck herself. She talks about addicts and those is recovery like pets or the latest must have toy. Your life is richer? Just shut up but oh wise one what do you bring to theirs other then patronising, trite words.

She makes it all seem so basic, tidy and easy.

Sorry, she’s gotten under my skin again 🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 40

I have previously worked somewhere that provided treatment for people who use drugs and alcohol. My role wasn't frontline, but I would spend my lunch time in communal spaces and got to know a few people who came in. I also heard a lot from the staff and volunteers who worked there and manned the phones on a rota.

Yes a lot of people there had experienced trauma. But any trained recovery worker, psychologist etc would be working with people to address that trauma and would not accept it as an excuse for theft, violence and abuse. Trauma informed care does not mean letting people get away with stuff.

There were the party people who'd got too deep, the middle class mums (often) who drank at an unhealthy level but kept it together until they couldn't - they generally didn't come in but I've spoken to enough when just answering phones - including the one who was desperate for help after she left her toddler in the car for 3 hours forgetting they were there (they were fine) but she was terrified that social services would get involved (a damaging myth that jack likes to perpetuate).

And there were the absolute scrotes. Normally made to attend on a drug rehabilitation requirement - they used substances yes, but they were also dealers. One of my colleagues told me about a guy who very rationally said "I don't really care about using, but why would I stop selling? What else am I going to do that nets me that much money?" Hard to argue with really.
There were the ones who preyed on vulnerable people, beat and pimped their girlfriends, used needles in playgrounds etc.

No one who I've met who works in substance misuse talks like her about service users.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.