Jack Monroe #334 Wafting around Asda like a Smartprice Ghost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally booking myself a seat to Les Squigs.

Do you hear the squiggles sing?
Singing the song of angry men,
It’s the music of the squiggles,
Who won’t eat Pumble again.
(Previously)
Squiggle: My name is Paypig Squig

Jack: And I'm Jack Monroe
Do not forget my name
Do not forget me, patreon subscriber 24601

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Sorry to be pedantic but mirtazapine is not an SSRI, it's a NaSSA. Taking two SSRIs concurrently would risk serotonin syndrome. It's all academic anyway as she is definitely chatting tit fam. I don't believe she's just skipping doses all the time either and it's irresponsible for her to advertise that she is. Having done the sudden withdrawal thing with both at different times in my younger years, it's not so much that the lights start flickering instantaneously, you will feel like utter trash physically. It's impossible to ignore and you generally wouldn't choose to do it more than once.
Yeah this is correct, sertraline is an SSRI though and very stimulating, it could cause a heart attack given in combination with ritalin. No sane Dr would prescribe both together.

Reactions: 19
(Previously)
Squiggle: My name is Paypig Squig

Jack: And I'm Jack Monroe
Do not forget my name
Do not forget me, patreon subscriber 24601
At the end of the day you’re another day older
When you sit on your arse on the hellsite all day.
Pay the landlady and the shop,
Keep on grifting as long as you’re able.
Keep on grifting til you drop,
Or you can’t put Pumble on the table.
Let the Patreons pay your way,
At the end of the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Can someone explain why it’s such a negative when a former poster on Tattle comments on Jack on Twitter?

Surely anyone calling out Jack and her despicable behaviour is only a good thing regardless of who it comes from.
A lot of people here see the screenshots and think an uprising is happening, newcomers are seeing the light, today is the day Jack finally gets her comeuppance, etc. When really - as has happened several other times - there are one or two people with a legitimate concern, and then the usual suspects show up.

Incidentally, these accounts calling Jack out never actually seem to convince anyone. If anything, they have the opposite effect: Jack fans double down because now they have "proof" that their hero is indeed a victim of malicious trolls etc etc. When people join Tattle and tell us they've seen the light, they've ALWAYS had some doubts then done their own research. No one has EVER said, "A random Twitter account said Jack was a grifter and that convinced me."

In the case of mustard squiggle, it's worth pointing out because of enduring false hope here that she is a journalist planning an exposé. If she does indeed write an article about Jack's Patreon, it will be very easy for people to dismiss her as a writer with a grudge: she and Jack have a negative history, which can be publicly seen.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
We thought the viggles would be the end of her but instead all we got was Graeme. I'm not about to put the Jack's Downfall bunting up.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Totally booking myself a seat to Les Squigs.

Do you hear the squiggles sing?
Singing the song of angry men,
It’s the music of the squiggles,
Who won’t eat Pumble again.
It practically writes itself.
• Empty chairs at empty tables (Jack throws a dinner party)
• I dreamed a dream (of a big house with an orangery)
• On my own (no explanation needed)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
We thought the viggles would be the end of her but instead all we got was Graeme. I'm not about to put the Jack's Downfall bunting up.
Same babes, my bunting has been in and out of the loft more times than my suitcases over the last 2 years. It’s like a cycle of lights on lights off for the canal. We get a little giddy when a handful of people (mostly the same 4/5) write some stuff LIGHTS ON 💡, then Nige/Lauraine,Superdrug, the BBC, the guardian etc etc support/employ her and it’s lights off ☹ And off we go again with chapeau, pumble, a mole and honestly that’s where our strength lies, taking the piss with 10/10 comedy top trumps her bs grift and really rattles her. She will come unstuck at some stage but it won’t be from the 6 same commentators, rolling out the same old stuff, who only we notice versus her 500+k disciples.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I don’t think that Jack is well known enough for it to be a big deal to the wider public unfortunately.
The whole influencer/blogger world should be more regulated and sites like Patreon should have some accountability as they are the hosts. If you buy a car that breaks down or an appliance that doesn’t work, you would return it to the place where you bought it. Surely what Jack is doing breaks the Trade Descriptions Act.
The flying monkeys still outnumber the squiggles.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Nigella certainly isn’t going to involve herself in anything as low class as a squabble over money. Although frankly she should at, the very least, contact JM privately and tell her to sort it out.

Reactions: 46
A lot of people here see the screenshots and think an uprising is happening, newcomers are seeing the light, today is the day Jack finally gets her comeuppance, etc. When really - as has happened several other times - there are one or two people with a legitimate concern, and then the usual suspects show up.

Incidentally, these accounts calling Jack out never actually seem to convince anyone. If anything, they have the opposite effect: Jack fans double down because now they have "proof" that their hero is indeed a victim of malicious trolls etc etc. When people join Tattle and tell us they've seen the light, they've ALWAYS had some doubts then done their own research. No one has EVER said, "A random Twitter account said Jack was a grifter and that convinced me."

In the case of mustard squiggle, it's worth pointing out because of enduring false hope here that she is a journalist planning an exposé. If she does indeed write an article about Jack's Patreon, it will be very easy for people to dismiss her as a writer with a grudge: she and Jack have a negative history, which can be publicly seen.
Well said and helps me understand a lot. Thanks for taking the time to explain. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Hey, I turned up too, the wayward viggle who stumbled across Tattle and fell in love with the fraus lol. (Never actually was a viggle though, I don't use the Hellscape, it was just the last straw of 'this Monroe woman is a bullshitter', and here I am!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Same babes, my bunting has been in and out of the loft more times than my suitcases over the last 2 years. It’s like a cycle of lights on lights off for the canal. We get a little giddy when a handful of people (mostly the same 4/5) write some stuff LIGHTS ON 💡, then Nige/Lauraine,Superdrug, the BBC, the guardian etc etc support/employ her and it’s lights off ☹ And off we go again with chapeau, pumble, a mole and honestly that’s where our strength lies, taking the piss with 10/10 comedy top trumps her bs grift and really rattles her. She will come unstuck at some stage but it won’t be from the 6 same commentators, rolling out the same old stuff, who only we notice versus her 500+k disciples.
Exactly! + @colouredlines.

Like after the VBI/344% stuff how many of us had to have this conversation with loved ones? It’s difficult enough to articulate it when you’ve got hours of the day with someone who you know is mentally capable of grasping the truth, a few tweets to total strangers have no chance at cutting through. Especially because what Twitter is -
Good vs bad tribalism where otherwise intelligent people are totally disarmed in the pursuit of being ✌right on✌.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Speaking of viggles I just checked ‘notjack’s’ insta. Still no posts since June 2021. I wonder did they just get sick of it or was it Jack and she got bored. If they are real I hope they are ok.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I would add BTW that I doubt we'll ever see a Scooby Doo-style reckoning where Jack gets confronted and her career implodes spectacularly.

More likely it'll slowly fizzle out. Her career hasn't been great since 2014. None of her books has come close to the sales of her debut, she fucks up every chance of a TV slot, she's utterly failed to become a cooking influencer. All she has is the odd viral thread on Twitter. We'll probably see her career slowly fade away.

If there IS a grand reckoning, it will almost certainly be about the contents of her poverty book, so we'll have to wait a while. But at least we'll have a new slop manual before then to keep us going!

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.