Jack Monroe #334 Wafting around Asda like a Smartprice Ghost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she ever post her promised recipe for her Peasants Pudding or just the list of ingredients?!
Welcome! And, nope! One brave squiggle managed to make it, though (I think theirs looked better than Jack's, but the roof tile shards were still naff)
View attachment 1389649
Eta, I have just noticed the sad custard creams at the bottom and retract what I said, both as bad as each other. Oh dear

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
The thing is though, most of us go through things every week too but we still have to show up for work, put a brave face on etc etc

Jack uses these events as an excuse to be lazy whereas the rest of us have to get on with it 🤷🏻‍♀️

There is no excuse for her not providing the most basic thing for her patreon subscribers 🤷🏻‍♀️ she's on twitter 500 hours a day ffs it's not like she hasn't got time 🙄
She literally does nothing all day long. If she did have a busy lifestyle or actual job, you could understand delays etc. She, as you say, is just bone idle.

The level of entitlement she exhibits is straight up fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Did she ever post her promised recipe for her Peasants Pudding or just the list of ingredients?!
It’ll be ready in time for George’s ruby jubilee at this rate.

Counting down for Jack tweeting something like:
What do you call a bread roll in your part of the country?
Haha who remembers this tv show from the 70s that I and most of my followers haven’t actually watched as we weren’t born yet, but have seen on those channel 5 nostalgia shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
The problem Jack with have is that there are far more savvy young YouTube/insta/TikTok cooks doing meal plans at low cost and making it look easy. They will most likely get the contracts going forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Top response here has over 1300 followers...woohoo. (3 different people here though).
009A3953-A620-459A-8045-E082765E87CA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I commented once on JM’s Instagram, not a horrible comment, it was factual. I got a nasty reply from her, and from her followers. It was upsetting (even though I knew she was a nasty piece of work). I have a lot of sympathy for the squig who has been attacked today ☹.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 102
I feel like Jack doesn't understand the difference between the PayPal/tip jar and Patreon. She's always the exception, even though Patreon works well for so many content creators. Why should she, the patron saint of the povs, trouble herself and put outlay on the promised merch? She's too busy telling Lorraine how to mangle expensive white goods, while hawking a dubious brand collaboration. ☹

• Angry
Reactions: 53
The problem Jack with have is that there are far more savvy young YouTube/insta/TikTok cooks doing meal plans at low cost and making it look easy. They will most likely get the contracts going forward.
Exactly they make it look easy and doable. Jack's painstakingly handwritten stock takes, performance shopping lists and treks to Asda make it seem exhausting. I get that buying to a budget isn't easy but you tend to have at least a rough meal plan in mind, pasta on Tues, curry on weds, cottage pie Thursday etc. Jack seems to make up a menu afterwards which is crazy

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I would be extremely stressed and upset if I knew I was the cause (indirectly or otherwise) of someone experiencing this. The fact Jack can turn a blind eye to all of this is chilling.
Worse would be if she sent a private message I think. She’s Billy big balls until she gets called out. I’m sure she DM’d someone before to apologise. She should do it publicly.

MOB Kitchen being one of them. Their Instagram feed is absolutely brilliant. They do a range of recipes, recently including a collaboration with Lidl, absolutely love their page.

Reactions: 46
Getting interesting... red squiggle is the same person, mustard squiggle is a new entry. Geez this is tricky!
Screenshots are the wrong way round, but you get the drift. Someone more experienced needs to be doing this as I’m tit! 😂
But, I keep going back down the rabbit hole.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I take your point dear heart, I guess what I meant was whether it’s a new account, a fake account or someone who wishes to challenge her without their kids being dragged through it, she owes them an explanation. They aren’t starting trouble where it doesn’t already exist. She is taking money regularly under false pretences.
I’m not sure what good it does when we say here that it’s maybe a questionable account. She’s got half a million followers and had 150k unread emails. It could be someone who has been blanked by email and feels they have no other option but to bring it out into the public sphere. One way or other itll be ignored by Jack but I hope others start to question too.
It always feels obvious to me by the screenshots here when Squigs have been reading here - doesn’t mean I’m right of course. But because here is open and can be read by anyone, there could be people who are stirring the pot by giving the impression they’re from here - or they are/were contributors here who have left for whatever reason.

Jack has been getting away with this for so long because she blames everything on here - I just don’t think she’s always wrong. I don’t see why everyone here should be tarred with the same brush because people have an unhealthy obsession with her. She has a rabid bunch of followers that would believe her if she said Jamie Oliver made every single anonymous account and terrorised her himself so it’s moot - she’ll tell everyone it’s us, we’ll keep keeping receipts and wait patiently for genuine squiggles to see the light.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
This is the one I find vereeeee interesting though... reposting to make it easier to read. My, oh my.
9DCB6AA0-5B97-4F6F-BAD8-8FB1351B9925.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 62
Getting interesting... red squiggle is the same person, mustard squiggle is a new entry. Geez this is tricky!
I'm really hoping mustard squig is a journalist and the research they mention is on Jack's grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She will be sitting in the crappy bungalow planning how to bury this as we speak. Jaccident is my bet.

Reactions: 45
Ffs. I’m having my own wee chaos here. I cropped the wrong one! I meant this one was the interesting one. I’ll duck off now, okay?! 🙈
95EB5CA4-EF89-4F36-B59C-454B6325962A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
This is the one I find vereeeee interesting though... reposting to make it easier to read. My, oh my.
View attachment 1389721
It's true. The most basic tier promises monthly discount codes. We know she hasn't posted them for years (because there are no posts since November 2020). She could be emailing patreons directly, but even if she did, her website shop isn't functional.

Ffs. I’m having my own wee chaos here. I cropped the wrong one! I meant this one was the interesting one. I’ll duck off now, okay?! 🙈View attachment 1389736
I wish mustard squiggle would tweet screenshots of dm and pareon communication. With timestamps. I believe all of it, but the flying monkeys should see facts in black and white.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.