Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every comeback to her avaricious tweets now seem to refer to the Forever Home and security for her and her boy. She's gone from denying she makes any money from her 'campaigning' to saying she deserves every penny, basically. Just an observation of her new tictacticals!
Nope for her, not her and her boy, just her. He doesn’t live there and he is growing up. Even if she saves a deposit, with her ccj's tax affairs not declaring her patreon etc she won’t be sitting in her orangery anytime soon. Sb will either go off to uni or just decide that as all his chums are in his current location he will stay there when older.

Reactions: 29
It was used as a reminder that despite being on television this week and having a designer dog, she is still saving for a forever home.
Yeah, she's basically doing a repeat of the Famous OG Car Boot Sale (in which she sold Denby crockery, big flat screen telly, baby grand piano, omega seamaster watch, and er, her toddler's plastic dinosaur) to really publicly stick it to her mum and dad because she was on the bones of her mediterranean arse.

Reactions: 40
I love how she keeps saying owning a home is security. It's not that secure pet. You don't pay your mortgage yer out on your ear just as quick if not quicker than not paying your rent. It's not your home until the bank says so.

Also you also have to have insurances and be ready to shell out for maintaince. Owning is not all its cracked up to be.
This is what I don’t get. I know I’m a very atypical Brit in that I don’t really care about owning a house, but even so, why does she think it still couldn’t all fall apart?

Surely if you fall on hard times, the lesser of two evils is to be able to cut a rental agreement, pay a small penalty and go and live with family or friends briefly til you get your tit together. In dire straits, with a mortgage you’re bleeding money, surely?

That said, I’m sure she only bangs on about “security” because it feeds into her narrative of being smol and needing help. She really just wants nice things that she hasn’t earned. So I guess I’ve answered my own question.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
To be fair to her she could've shooped them like she does everything else. Jack's childhood treatments for birthmarks on her leg is one of the very few Jackanories I do believe, mainly because her mother has confirmed it.
Oh I'm absolutely certain she has edited them in this and other photos. She facetuned the bleeding sky!
They don't look "disfigured" in the photo outside #10 either though. And that outfit showed a lot of leg for someone who supposedly can't bear them being seen.

So Jack, when you catch up here I just want to say, as someone who has deep, untreatable scarring on ~50% of one limb, a big fuckyou from the bottom of my heart for all that you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm mildly surprised she hasn't gone down the pansexual route actually, it sounds more interesting than bisexual. (I know its also a different thing but this is Jack so all sexualities are interchangeable.)
The actual difference is debatable, to be honest, (and causes arguments). And, given some of what I've heard over the years¹, a lot of people see all sexualities as interchangeable. Although like I say, you do you.

¹"straight but I like being fucked by men", "straight with a fetish for big boobs" and "I'm not lesbian or bi but there are women I'd sleep with" being the obvious ones.

Reactions: 20
I have absolutely no problem with Jack selling her clothes on *wherever*. I sell some clothes and I donate some clothes. And actually, I prefer to think of clothing going on to be given a second life and have no issue with the original owner making a little bit of cash at the same time. I still consider ebay, vinted, etc as a charitable outlet and accessible to people on a budget. I hate the amount of clothing/furniture waste we produce and love second hand anything. What I don't love is Jack pasting it all over her Twitter. It's all done for engagement. Oh the drama. "Can't I do anything for myself. Christ." The squigs don't care either way what she does. Some just want to kiss her arse and some just want to get a reaction. Bizarre way to kick off your weekend if you ask me but here we are. Happy Friday, ninnies. 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 36
What should we do with our clothes then? (Apart from dyeing them/not dyeing them and getting into twitter spats). My stuff is unlikely to sell on ebay and I don't want to just send to landfill.
I’m not saying don’t donate, just that sending them to the CS doesn’t mean they will be reused by someone, so the squigs ranting at her for reselling should calm down a bit.

Reactions: 14
Thorpe Bay post office are getting staff on standby just in case.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
This is just typical Jack isn't it?? "Twitter I have a question". "I don't like your answers now pipe down!". twit 😂
It’s really a perfect example of how Jack complicates things for herself.

Person with old clothes to sell - briefly researches different selling apps, picks one or two, lists clothing.

Jack - consults Twitter. Gets into argument. Is now in a bad mood, probably. Worries about indexing items and when to ‘release’ them for sale. Worries about posting schedules even though there are parcel shops everywhere these days. Deletes tweets. Probably won’t list anything.

It’s genuinely a little sad. Like sad sad, not pathetic sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Am I in a fugue state? Hasn't the selling clothes bit been done before? All the black sacks in her wardrobe, the admin involved!

bleeping hell, Jack. Get a job. Get a life. Get lost.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
To be fair to her she could've shooped them like she does everything else. Jack's childhood treatments for birthmarks on her leg is one of the very few Jackanories I do believe, mainly because her mother has confirmed it.
Agree on this one. When Jack does show her legs in anynof the the interminable pointless selfies, it's always with one over the over, which looks strategic.
Vlad entering the chat has made me owl prosecco this morning.
Screenshot_20220701-110905_Chrome.jpg

Also I reckon the clothes will be sold in batches as a way to hide the sheer volume of shite she hoards, if it ever happens.
No mention of the charity the profits will be split with, I presume? It's like Teemill all over again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
We have a loft full of old baby/toddler stuff. Most of it has been worn by three or four or even five babies because it’s been passed around the family. So it’s been reused - we have bought almost no new clothes or shoes for smallest becuase of all the handmedowns. It’s not sellable, it’s worn and the items have faded marks. We would use it again if we were able to but I don’t think it can go to a charity shop as it’s not in good enough condition. Baby banks require outfits labeled by age in nearly new condition. Only place I have found says it send cotton waste for shredding for insulation and most of it is cotton. So fingers crossed. Its really hard to know what to do.

Reactions: 27
We have a loft full of old baby/toddler stuff. Most of it has been worn by three or four or even five babies because it’s been passed around the family. So it’s been reused - we have bought almost no new clothes or shoes for smallest becuase of all the handmedowns. It’s not sellable, it’s worn and the items have faded marks. We would use it again if we were able to but I don’t think it can go to a charity shop as it’s not in good enough condition. Baby banks require outfits labeled by age in nearly new condition. Only place I have found says it send cotton waste for shredding for insulation and most of it is cotton. So fingers crossed. Its really hard to know what to do.
Some charities take what they call 'rags for industry' here. Old baby clothes, tea towels, flannels etc. It's cut up and sold in bulk to factories, mechanic shops and such. You might have to call and find out if whichever charity accepts this kind of thing.

Reactions: 25
In no way could I be described as a minimalist, but even so, the background in every picture of her house stresses the duck out of me. So much stuff and clutter on every available horizontal and vertical surface it makes me feel itchy/shudder
If you want to get a good idea of just how cluttered it is then I would recommend popping over to the Daily Kitchen Live watchalong thread.
Someone posted a quite frankly horrific video from the company that produced the Hellmans live IG videos.
It was a promo for how good they are as a company and shows many, many slo mo pictures of Jack's grim kitchen and hallway. You can see the dust and oil on top of the utensils hanging on the rack. There's even footage of the outside of the not crappy not bungalow.
Or maybe don't watch it. You don't want an aneurysm.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.