Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have no proof Harold said anything like Jack is 'damaged' and needs help. I think it is what people like Jack want to hear as a reason for a breakup. Fits in with her manic pixie girl imaginings. Too tortured for most people to be able to handle.
I bet the truth was more prosaic. He found her irritating and her lies depressing.
I still think he just wasn't that into her! It happens alot, bloke finds girl, bloke likes girl, bloke sleeps with girl, bloke hangs out with girl, bloke gets bored with girl and leaves for pastures new!

Reactions: 46
And don’t forget her getting dumped (again) by her then fiancé whom she tried to make out left her for because she wanted a double mastectomy
I’m very suspicious about that - she said that to make the ex look bad - “oh boohoo, she was awful, she didn’t understand.” I call bullshit, that was her excuse to leave and make it look like it was the ex’s fault. Narc again….

Reactions: 20
New column for the Guardian:
Sex and the Pity. Dating as a single, celebrity (but down on her luck) mum
‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but my grifting will never stop.’
Screw that they should have a column called funky sex positions of the ancient world, ( they had cheese graters, don't ya know)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I still think he just wasn't that into her! It happens alot, bloke finds girl, bloke likes girl, bloke sleeps with girl, bloke hangs out with girl, bloke gets bored with girl and leaves for pastures new!
I agree.
I know I bang on about this on other threads, so sorry to anyone who’s seen this screed elsewhere, but I really think true enlightenment and maturity* lies in being able to accept that usually the person isn’t a narc. Isn’t toxic. It isn’t “their loss”. Sometimes it IS you, not them (at least in their eyes). People change their minds and break promises. And pretending otherwise is bullshit toxic positivity.

*Let the record show I’m 37, and it has taken me all my adulthood, and therapy, and time to reflect on a breakup at the start of lockdown to finally “get” this. And I still struggle with it. But I do find peace in being able to accept it and not villainise the other person endlessly.

PS my phone says villainise isn’t a word, I don’t accept that! My phone is toxic

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Hello and welcome! So what was the event or happening that made your Jack bubble burst and caused you to enter the light of truth?
I don't even think there was a single precipitating event - more like the slowly-simmering-frog effect. The escalating drama, the can-rattling, the fawning over blue ticks whilst ignoring the hoi polloi. It just all started to seem very performative and dodgy.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I was thinking if OH is in recovery and Jack isn’t really following it (not completely alcohol free beer) that would be a very valid reason for ending it. One which she isn’t likely to share.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
12 steps? Completed pal.
Proof that doing the 12 steps doesn't mean you are not an odious individual. It doesn't fix personality. It seldom fixes addiction. People and society unfortunately are more complex than that.

I'd hate to think a recovering adictt would goad another addict. People turn up to meetings pissed that have been doing well . All accepted.
Maybe it's changed.

Reactions: 29
Today I remembered that Jack facetuned the sky. 10/10 would remember again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Evening all. Do we know if she’s still working on the Voluminous Bubbly Indicator (or not) any more? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I agree about the SDA. If he follows her that closely (posting multiple congrats on her sobriety over the last year) then he must have seen the Tinder chaos, followed by her silence today.

It's extremely suspect and potentially quite harmful that he posted about her 1 year of sobriety that early in the morning. Almost gloating...?

• Sad
Reactions: 40
I think I’m out Frauen. It’s like watching a slow train crash and Jack doesn’t seem well. Some day the grift will either be exposed or stop because it’s not working. The receipts are here. I lurked for a long time because things weren’t ringing true and now I know I’m not mad thanks to you lovely lot. But I can’t watch as someone spirals. Jack if you are reading this, do some polyvagal breathing, focus on the full time job of raising a puppy over the next few months, do some sea swimming, hang out with SB, turn off your phone for a bit and listen to the people who know you in real life.
Quoting myself like a twit but thanks to this thread I found Miguel Barclay and Joe Lycett 🥰 *shuffles off Britishly saying goodbye to everyone after you’ve already flounced off*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Common knowledge in the food media world. I don't work in it but I have a friend who does and Allegra is not liked or respected. She is the very definition of boorish.
The Allegra and Jack relationship always had a really weird vibe. Like Jack was a bright toddler, and Allegra was an indulgent parent.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.