Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we please never discuss Jack fanfic again Thankyou and duck off x

"oh jack," breathed harold, softly and gently against jack's softy soft soft ear, "you're driving me wild with your mediterranean arse in those filthy, filthy jeans. can I see your pumble?"

nope.

can't do it. i need to hold on to my dinner

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 93
I can’t abide her, I actively dislike her in fact. I still think Secret Drug Addict was bang out of order. It’s playing on my mind. Passive aggressive, snide, sly etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
"oh jack," breathed harold, softly and gently against jack's softy soft soft ear, "you're driving me wild with your mediterranean arse in those filthy, filthy jeans. can I see your pumble?"

nope.

can't do it. i need to hold on to my dinner

• Haha
Reactions: 41
We have no proof Harold said anything like Jack is 'damaged' and needs help. I think it is what people like Jack want to hear as a reason for a breakup. Fits in with her manic pixie girl imaginings. Too tortured for most people to be able to handle.
I bet the truth was more prosaic. He found her irritating and her lies depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I can’t abide her, I actively dislike her in fact. I still think Secret Drug Addict was bang out of order. It’s playing on my mind. Passive aggressive, snide, sly etc etc.
She shouldn’t be posting about the AA stuff and her thread was terrible at start of the year but I do hope she is sober as if she isn’t it must be awful

Reactions: 30
Allegra is an abusive, aggressive bully. The two of them together were a recipe for disaster; the kids would have been affected quite badly. She's not a nice person at all.
Wow, I always had a different view of her. Naive, I can’t lie. Btw, I’m not new, I deleted my previous account because Sloptwat was too triggering, but been lurking and now I’m back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
It was blatantly snidey, though I do mistrust that account in general. I can't quite put my finger on why but it gives me the ick.

Reactions: 38
Goes against AAs ethos from what I've experienced.

Reactions: 32
The last 2 weeks of Jack have been WEIRD. Even by her standards. I feel a bit like I'm rubber necking on the motorway at a crash on the other carriageway. I want to stop looking, yet am looking forward to her next post.

The year marker silence is awful. Makes you fear the worst for Jack, her son, her pets, her friends.

Please Jack, rescue the chicken livers & fish from the freezer and treat us to some slop to critique!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It was blatantly snidey, though I do mistrust that account in general. I can't quite put my finger on why but it gives me the ick.
I’m not on Twitter and only found out about it at the start of the year when they posted about Jack. I am the same as you, I don’t like them.
isn’t it funny how people can just have that effect on you? I’ve blocked a girl on Instagram this week because she’s a show off and I follow someone else who follows her and I think she shows off to make the nice girl feel bad about herself. Her business account has 13k followers but I won’t name her.

Reactions: 18
By the way - hello, longtime lurker, short-time poster, one-time admirer of JM until all the <waves hand vaguely> everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
By the way - hello, longtime lurker, short-time poster, one-time admirer of JM until all the <waves hand vaguely> everything.
Hello and welcome! So what was the event or happening that made your Jack bubble burst and caused you to enter the light of truth?

Reactions: 29
I think I’m out Frauen. It’s like watching a slow train crash and Jack doesn’t seem well. Some day the grift will either be exposed or stop because it’s not working. The receipts are here. I lurked for a long time because things weren’t ringing true and now I know I’m not mad thanks to you lovely lot. But I can’t watch as someone spirals. Jack if you are reading this, do some polyvagal breathing, focus on the full time job of raising a puppy over the next few months, do some sea swimming, hang out with SB, turn off your phone for a bit and listen to the people who know you in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Goes against AAs ethos from what I've experienced.
Posting it at half 5 in the morning too. It’s like they were just waiting to put the boot in. Many of us here doubt her sobriety which is valid but none of us would wish her to have succumbed.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
We have no proof Harold said anything like Jack is 'damaged' and needs help. I think it is what people like Jack want to hear as a reason for a breakup. Fits in with her manic pixie girl imaginings. Too tortured for most people to be able to handle.
I bet the truth was more prosaic. He found her irritating and her lies depressing.
Agreed.

The only clue we ever had before to trouble in paradise was a reference to them arguing over her hoarding habits.

To be honest...I've broken up with boyfriends right after holidays together twice. Being together 24/7, with no work etc to distract, can tell you a lot about someone. The Dutch holiday - which involved little more than eating at a Greek restaurant (I imagine that was Jack's choice) and stocking up on rusty spoons - may have been an eye-opener for OH.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I agree. Unless SDA has been in contact with Jack and asked permission (which would still be weird when you think about it), it seems like they’ve not posted it with good intentions, since you’d think they know better.

It was also posted at 06:51 this morning, so before she even had a chance to say anything herself.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Very late to the party but you have opened my eyes to Jack’s ways! Seven years ago when I had a toddler, baby, a tiny home and genuinely little money I used to like a few of her recipes because they didn’t involve a bajillion ingredients/expensive gadgets and were genuinely cheap. Then I read her endless living in poverty pieces, with a well off mum and dad who lived nearby, a dad who presumably had a hand in getting her a job in the fire service, the rattling of the poor tin and I saw through the poverty performance. If I was genuinely destitute the first thing I’d do is swallow my stupid pride and move into my parents huge house for a few months until I got on my feet (something we had to do for a few months in fact, get the 🎻s out) to give my children stability. Not rocket science and hardly the tragedy of the bloody century. Her poor son who has also seen so much drama in his life. Anyway, just wanted to say 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.