Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Allegra and Jack relationship always had a really weird vibe. Like Jack was a bright toddler, and Allegra was an indulgent parent.
I agree and as much as we all judge Jack for moving in straight away with her son Allegra had a young kid too so was as much in the wrong there. I hate it when people don’t think about the impact that jumping into a new relationship would have on their kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Oh I don’t know, I think a lot of you are better people than me, but I’m kinda hoping SDA’s tweet is meant to be snidey.

She didn’t mind calling out a squig’s alcohol problem when they dared to question her. She’s a nasty piece of work through and through- lights are definitely off for me, there’s no way she can redeem herself in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I agree.
I know I bang on about this on other threads, so sorry to anyone who’s seen this screed elsewhere, but I really think true enlightenment and maturity* lies in being able to accept that usually the person isn’t a narc. Isn’t toxic. It isn’t “their loss”. Sometimes it IS you, not them (at least in their eyes). People change their minds and break promises. And pretending otherwise is bullshit toxic positivity.

*Let the record show I’m 37, and it has taken me all my adulthood, and therapy, and time to reflect on a breakup at the start of lockdown to finally “get” this. And I still struggle with it. But I do find peace in being able to accept it and not villainise the other person endlessly.

PS my phone says villainise isn’t a word, I don’t accept that! My phone is toxic
In my younger years I had alot of friends who were boys and the seen me as one of the lads. I was there through many of the messy fuckups! It's taught me alot about how men think. ( They don't) if something works for them, great they will carry on if it doesn't they will move on etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think she's genuinely been sucked into all the messages on Tinder and forgotten about Twitter. The narc high, validation high, from loads of men messaging must very very intoxicating for her.
Very possible. When trying to break contact with a narc, one of the only things guaranteed to make it easier and for them to back off - is when they find a new supply. If they are occupied with someone new, it's a blessing, they'll get so wrapped up in the attention from the new source, you get left in peace. She might think she's sticking it to Harold, but the dear chap is probably relieved that she is BUSY.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Very possible. When trying to break contact with a narc, one of the only things guaranteed to make it easier and for them to back off - is when they find a new supply. If they are occupied with someone new, it's a blessing, they'll get so wrapped up in the attention from the new source, you get left in peace. She might think she's sticking it to Harold, but the dear chap is probably relieved that she is BUSY.
Tbh I hope she stays there. Its always so lovely here with our wit and tales without her bile fermenting on the thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I was having a very nice time on my walk in the sunshine earlier then a memory of starfuckers, gym rat and English syllabus came unbidden and I sustained a serious crinjury in public. I don't think I could've coped if she'd had any more Tinder adventures today.

• Haha
Reactions: 83
I still find it hilarious that AI doesn't recognise her at all

I could come up with a good YA m/m story about these guys

20220629_225712.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I was thinking if OH is in recovery and Jack isn’t really following it (not completely alcohol free beer) that would be a very valid reason for ending it. One which she isn’t likely to share.
Bingo. I really see the AA ✨inspo✨ tweets disappearing, just not necessarily for the reasons I'd hoped. By which I mean, she's worn out this particular stolen identity and will be on to the next.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Was he objectively fit or just fit because he was in his 20s as opposed to 50s, and a man? This is a girls school phenomena 😂
It's that Stockholm syndrome thing. See also mothers of toddlers who start to fancy eg Mr Bloom or other Cbeebies presenters.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I was having a very nice time on my walk in the sunshine earlier then a memory of starfuckers, gym rat and English syllabus came unbidden and I sustained a serious crinjury in public. I don't think I could've coped if she'd had any more Tinder adventures today.
At least I finally know what it means to physically feel the full body criiiinge. Nothing can surprise me now.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.