Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
while we're waiting for jacks 1 year announcement (my bet is on 8.30pm ish this eve) are there any social media marketing experts on here? There's a lot of worry about her massive twitter following & potential reach but i'm wondering how big (or small) her impact actually is? 500,000 followers but some post have likes in the 100's which is miniscule! Puppy selfie got 25k likes but this is still a very 'wee' percentage (i'm not good at maths like some) Anyone shed any light on this? X

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oof, this thread. I think whoever mentioned suicide baiting was right. Unleashed memories of the 6-month period after I ended a yearlong relationship with an unstable woman. I called for help (before I knew not to trust Toronto police). I had to babysit her for days until a friend came to save her and berate me. I was the big meanie who ended a relatively short-term relationship because I was unhappy. SHE LEFT but then spent months texting me, posting stuff on social media, saying things to mutual friends, leaving alarming voicemails all to make me worry.

I know this because this person is now my ordinary friend. She's married with kids, lives a nice life, went back to school to great success, and admitted to me that she tortured me for months because she hoped I'd change my mind about the break-up. We ended up laughing because I pointed out how she basically spent 6 months confirming my worst fears and validating my decision to end things. Her self-awareness has just blossomed over time. It's unbelievable what some people can do if they face their patterns. Something like making a fearless and searching moral inventory of herself, with rigorous honesty as she examined past events and tendencies of guilt, resentments, fear, pride, shame, relationships, abuse, etc. Really relying on the general principle of self-honesty, you know. Sort of like that "scary" step four.

This is all my projection. Finding it hard to understand why people are so sympathetic. People break up. Christ. Relationships are consensual. You don't need a good reason to end things, if you want to end things! I feel sorry for whomever this performance is meant to torture. Hope they see it as confirmation and validation. Go Harold. Oh, and my ex would've said it came "out of the blue" too, because I was the one stressed out and walking on eggshells for months, not her.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
So, a teacher, a doctor and a ceramicist. 🙄

Please tell me at least one of those is a Tattlerist. 😁

Seriously, does this woman have to post about every bloody detail of her private life on Twitter? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Was it Monday when she achieved the amazing feat of checking what was in her cupboards and doing a shop. Magically she managed to keep it below £20. St Jack and all that… but what happened next? Where are the meal plans? What about all the poor people waiting at home with their fennel and quark not knowing what low cost meal to make???

She’s in a love bubble with Glen and forgotten about her poors.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
This is like replying all to a department wide email with screenshots of your tinder conversations.

It’s her professional account. Supposedly her shop window for her career.

It’s a bin fire.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
The tweets about her one year sober feel slightly mocking imo. She might / might not have made it to one year, but baiting with fake congratulations on Twitter is low.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

(Mines a magnum lolly, ta 😂)
Oh my christ I absolutely adore these. I've seen at least two corteges on funeral media in the last 6 months where the deceased has been an ice cream man and his own van leads the cortege and all his mates follow the hearse in their own vans jingling away. What a joyous way to say goodbye fraus and herrs x

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think she’s made her year (and good for her) and everything else is a grand larp to make Harold (and us?) feel guilty.

Harold probably called the welfare check on her and this is payback.

If she also wants people to worry that she’s gone on a date and come to some harm - well, I just hope she wouldn’t stoop so low. Given the very real pain caused by the horrific rise in stranger violence against women over the past couple of years in the UK.

• Heart
Just doing a little revisit of Jack’s latest tweets. I’M NOT BUSY.

5000+ people liked her tweet of a shopping list from Asda. What world are we living in? Well done for doing shopping???

I just bought a fizzy apple drink in a can. Please send clap-os

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
A few months ago Jack wrote about the joys of being sober, and the behaviours she displayed and regretted because of drinking (it may have been the DIVA article - can't remember).
Missing work engagements, staying up all night tweeting, relationship problems, arguing with strangers on the Internet, missing out on things with SB - amongst other things.
If she is sober, looks like the drink wasn't entirely to blame.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
The puppy is SB’s and he has taken him back home. That’s my theory.
OMG that is effing genius, that’s the explanation! Part time dog, part time child, probs be a bit easier not to bring the pupper over too much …. It’s all just unfolded before my eyes …

Just doing a little revisit of Jack’s latest tweets. I’M NOT BUSY.

5000+ people liked her tweet of a shopping list from Asda. What world are we living in? Well done for doing shopping???

I just bought a fizzy apple drink in a can. Please send clap-os
Biggest clappos best fizzy apple drink in a can purchase EVA. Good jobs etc etc etc xxxx

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I wasn’t convinced of her sobriety before all this let alone now. I think the silence is intentional and calculated though to cause concern and make certain people feel guilty.
I think she's genuinely been sucked into all the messages on Tinder and forgotten about Twitter. The narc high, validation high, from loads of men messaging must very very intoxicating for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 54
I’m a later life lesbian and I wouldn’t touch either of them with a barge pole.
Uh oh. You don’t have a media job do you? Do you own a home? It’s ok, we’ll form a human chain and protect you from Jack.

I don’t think SB has the dog. Isn’t his dad a cat breeder?

• Haha
People break up. Christ. Relationships are consensual. You don't need a good reason to end things, if you want to end things!
So much this. I mean, OH doubtless told her a few reasons but even if he didn't, it's more than enough to just say 'I don't think we're right for each other' or whatever. But Jack can't respect other people's boundaries, she's shown us this time and again. I imagine her going on like 'but whyyyyy' like a 4 year old, and what in reality is one meant to say to that? List everything they don't like about her? Which would surely be the opposite of letting her down gently?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I want the left one. I’m ✨straight✨but will be a later life lesbian for sure. Can’t stand men as people, apart from mine.

Also, was that picture from daily mail by any chance?
They dress ALL the women in those strange “I’ve had my colours done” outfits

(favourite of the senior leadership team in my place of work)
I suspect ours must be wearing something rather like this -

Haven't seen hide nor hair of the fuckers for weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
OMG that is effing genius, that’s the explanation! Part time dog, part time child, probs be a bit easier not to bring the pupper over too much …. It’s all just unfolded before my eyes …

Biggest clappos best fizzy apple drink in a can purchase EVA. Good jobs etc etc etc xxxx
Bookmarking to make sure I congratulate you on your 1 year fizzy apple drink anniversary.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.