Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want to be that person but I don't think she is sober. ( Completely) I feel it in my gut! The other day she couldn't get enough of her one year birthday and now it's here, nothing. Plus her recent behaviour screams of last year post L. Sorry but it does. The desperation, the attention seeking the thirst!

Reactions: 60
THREAD TITLE : Is it too soon to nominate @Lazarus with “Tinder Swindler Part II” for the next thread?
The chaos has been too good to pass that title up! Plus I would just love her name associated with that story when some does a Google Search… She’s swindled thousands off the unsuspecting squigs anyway 🤷‍♀️
I second this. Please can we have a title coup.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I kind of feel that SDA post seems a little bit malicious. Why would u post that before the person themselves have done it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Grunking but I feel quite bad about this. If she is no longer sober, it must be really difficult to come out and say so, hence the lie would rumble on.
difficult one if she hasn’t come out and said it today herself.
If it were me, I'd just say no more about AA and sort out my issues privately from now on. Which is what she should have done in the first place.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Just looking at her twitter - the Tinder announcement hasn't garnered a great deal of interest has it? I mean with that many followers 6k liking that post seems a bit sad.
Presuming some people do actually follow her as they think she is a hard working advocate for the poor - then this display of self indulgence and fannying around all day in hammocks must be a bit bewildering.
Has she done her weekly food bank volunteering yet I wonder? And weekly meeting with the ONS?
I'm not surprised it hasn't got much engagement, even the most sycophantic squigs wouldn't know what to say to all that yesterday, it was truly unhinged behaviour on a professional twitter account from a 'celeb' (in their mind anyway)

I've not commented because everyone always says what I'm thinking first on here!

I'm taking the over the top public build up to the 1 year and then the silence on it plus her behaviour since being dumped by Harold as a bad sign re her sobriety. Doesnt have to be a big problem if she's slipped up, you pick your self up and get back on to your recovery, but she's made it so public that it's a bit awkward now, especially with SDA and other congratulating her

Reactions: 38
I don't know about the AA 'rules', but if you slip up are you obligated to tell them, or can you conveniently ignore it?

Reactions: 21
Just looking at her twitter - the Tinder announcement hasn't garnered a great deal of interest has it? I mean with that many followers 6k liking that post seems a bit sad.
I was wondering yesterday if was going to go viral - glad to read that it didn’t. She misjudged her audience badly.

Reactions: 24
I also think when she hits rock bottom her family and friends step in but then once she starts feeling better the " there's nothing wrong with me comes out to play" and they back off! You cannot help someone who doesn't want it and she sounds like a nightmare to get that knocked into her.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don't know about the AA 'rules', but if you slip up are you obligated to tell them, or can you conveniently ignore it?
No as such, but it's all about honesty, if you are collecting chips and sharing without admitting you've drank then that's not going to help your sobriety. Service positions such as secretary require a good bit of sobriety time under your belt as well, for obvious reasons

Eta - if you lie to your sponsor then they can choose not to sponsor you anymore. A sponsor will almost always be able to tell if their sponsee relapsed

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Sycophantic squig is not a fan of free speech, it seems. First is a KB retweet, second post is referring to Katie Hopkins. What does she think JM will do? 🤷‍♀️ She also, hilariously (?) "might go lesbian" - referencing the Manika/Tyga video

M 1.JPG

M.JPG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
In my view she was clearly drunk Tweeting all the Tinder stuff. She’s lonely and depressed, Harold has high-tailed it outta there, and the dopamine from the puppy purchase has worn off quickly. I reckon she had a few drinks for Dutch courage before signing up to Tinder, and has then just carried on throughout the afternoon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I think if she was to tweet about being one year sober, after recent shenanigans nobody would believe her

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I'm not surprised it hasn't got much engagement, even the most sycophantic squigs wouldn't know what to say to all that yesterday, it was truly unhinged behaviour on a professional twitter account from a 'celeb' (in their mind anyway)

I've not commented because everyone always says what I'm thinking first on here!

I'm taking the over the top public build up to the 1 year and then the silence on it plus her behaviour since being dumped by Harold as a bad sign re her sobriety. Doesnt have to be a big problem if she's slipped up, you pick your self up and get back on to your recovery, but she's made it so public that it's a bit awkward now, especially with SDA and other congratulating her
I just can't comprehend how we get Tinder Jack (or any of the other Jacks) and the next she gets invited to Parliament or onto the radio to tell us that all poor people are going to die or other sensational statements to be taken seriously. How?! When will it end?? I do not want to hear from this person in any 'professional' capacity whatsoever. She is so far from a reliable or respectable source.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Was he objectively fit or just fit because he was in his 20s as opposed to 50s, and a man? This is a girls school phenomena 😂
When I was in 6th Form some girls decided that I looked like Orlando Bloom. I didn't, but eh, I'll take the compliment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.