Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely baffled (read: concerned, a little sad) that we've not seen a one year sobriety tweet yet.

Just endlessly tit men and weak women everywhere in the Brontës. Give me George Eliot any day.

This has me hooting!
Anne's characters were ok. I spent a summer as a tour guide on a open topped bus in Howarth and even at 18 was astounded by the love for Heathcliff. It was only the fact Americans and Japanese tourist didn't get pound coins and tipped by the handful of them that kept my mouth shut

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
She hasn’t done an Instagram post since 25th April, and that was the veg peeling roast rehashed. The most recent food post before that was 18th January.

I unrelated news I really really want someone to do a cook along. Just not me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I sort of wouldn't be surprised if she decided to say she didn't make it to 1 year sober, lucrative for the grifto and the sympatho

Reactions: 39
Yikes 😬
Bit presumptive.
Yeah it is. However, Jack's the one who's been very publicly counting down the days.
As Secretary of one of her local meetings, she will know that it's not the end of the world to slip up, or to start again at zero, you just have to be honest about it and get back on that wagon and it doesn't mean the work was done for nothing. It's a shame she felt the need to broadcast her every 'sober' moment, and that she got into a relationship before her one year (perhaps she understands why that's not encouraged now). But slipping doesn't have dictate the rest of your life. Not that I'm saying this even applies, just shooting the breeze here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
She hasn’t done an Instagram post since 25th April, and that was the veg peeling roast rehashed. The most recent food post before that was 18th January.

I unrelated news I really really want someone to do a cook along. Just not me.
I am veg phobic 🍆🥒🥔🌶🌽🥕🥦🍅🥗🧅🧄🍠🫑🥬 sorry 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sadly no, just Tim from 🔺 local kitchen company!!

If Jack claims 100hrs work this week and yesterday was a day of rest tindering, then the rest of her week is 16.5hr days. No wonder she hasn’t got time to tweet about her sobriety today. Cor, give the girl a break 🙄🙄🙄

also, imagine going on a date with her and wondering which one of these would appear..View attachment 1377944
What are thooossssssssee??

6B38389F-9833-4A80-BFAF-F4FE22C51B1E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
What is that expression?
Contempt? Bored? Stunned? High?
I can’t imagine making conversation with it - at least not one that made any sense.

I know it’s a moment in time, but there is no animation in that face at all.
At least she stayed on brand by wearing the now infamous and instantly recognisable 'poverty jumper'

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Something happened between these three accounts (SDA, NS and Jack) a few months ago but I can't remember what it was. #helpful.
I think the secret drug addict account was slightly critical of Jack, and that those criticisms were retweeted by the Southall account (the Secret Drug Addict also runs that account). Oh yeah - it was Jack's thread at the start of the year about how 'easy' it was to stay sober. Something along the lines of 'just don't pick up the drink and sit waiting for 15 minutes until the urge passes' or something.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I think the secret drug addict account was slightly critical of Jack, and that those criticisms were retweeted by the Southall account (the Secret Drug Addict also runs that account). Oh yeah - it was Jack's thread at the start of the year about how 'easy' it was to stay sober. Something along the lines of 'just don't pick up the drink and sit waiting for 15 minutes until the urge passes' or something.
SDA doesn’t run the Neville Southall account. He often hands it over to other people, groups or accounts though.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.