Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. The way she’s talking about these men is consistent with someone who’s only just started using dating apps and hasn’t been burned yet. I don’t even mean burned in a serious way - just randomly ghosted, unmatched mid-conversation, ignored after one date, “benched”. That uneasy feeling. It’s fun until it isn’t. The standard things online daters have to contend with. Such naïveté. It does make me concerned for her that she’s too trusting.
Totally this. Online dating is completely soul destroying. I met my ex husband online dating in its infancy and it was so different then to now. I've been trying to find a decent relationship from it for about 13 years now. Had a few nice-ish few month flings but on the whole online dating is a pretty horrible experience .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
1. I really hope she was tired after her tinder texting spree last night and that was the only explanation for the lack of birthday announcement after midnight (it is today isn’t it?).

2. The spiralling behaviours have definitely escalated. We can’t say that it isn’t justified because she wasn’t with OH as long as Louisa. If I had broken up with Mrs T four months in, I would have been devastated (don’t @ me with Uhaul jokes please 😏), because I knew it was for the long term. She might have felt equally strongly about L and OH and thought this latest relationship was a serious deal. Who knows?

3. If these people on tinder and the dog are simply cast members in her spiral then this is going to turn into another summer 2020. The dog will be tossed aside and these people will be under the false impression that their interactions with her will be valid and confidential. Nobody wants to see the fallout from that.

4. As Lenny says, hinting at past relationships being abusive to 550k people is just not on, in any way. That could be SB’s dad ffs.

5. She desperately needs help. As mentioned repeatedly in our (circular!) discussions we are probably all in agreement that it won’t be accepted. This cannot carry on though, for her, for SB, for anyone in her immediate circle.

Sorry for the list. It is the only way I can remember everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Where can I find the fugue state teacher stuff? I've heard about it, but would like to read it. Is it in a thread on here or was it pre tattle?
She may have deleted it. She was really rude to a headteacher about the rooms that students go in when they need a period of time out or self-relfection. It is a way to remove those students from lessons when they being disruptive or aren’t learning and in those rooms members of staff talk them to find ways to find out why their behaviour escalated in that way.

She has no idea about what actually happens in schools, went off it at him, he responded calmly, Louisa then (we think) apologised to him, pretending to be Jack, claiming that she was unwell.

Edit- no. That’s not it. Fugue state teacher stuff was when she suddenly early 2021 did a massive thread about
being abused by a teacher as a child
without any kind of trigger warning. Lots of people on here and on Twitter were really upset. She later blamed it on being in a fugue state.

Basically, she hates teachers and should live on mumsnet.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Just leaving this here for Jack when she catches up...you can't sit with us but these Frau might let you join in. Alternatively it might provide support for her suitors!?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
1. I really hope she was tired after her tinder texting spree last night and that was the only explanation for the lack of birthday announcement after midnight (it is today isn’t it?).

2. The spiralling behaviours have definitely escalated. We can’t say that it isn’t justified because she wasn’t with OH as long as Louisa. If I had broken up with Mrs T four months in, I would have been devastated (don’t @ me with Uhaul jokes please 😏), because I knew it was for the long term. She might have felt equally strongly about L and OH and thought this latest relationship was a serious deal. Who knows?

3. If these people on tinder and the dog are simply cast members in her spiral then this is going to turn into another summer 2020. The dog will be tossed aside and these people will be under the false impression that their interactions with her will be valid and confidential. Nobody wants to see the fallout from that.

4. As Lenny says, hinting at past relationships being abusive to 550k people is just not on, in any way. That could be SB’s dad ffs.

5. She desperately needs help. As mentioned repeatedly in our (circular!) discussions we are probably all in agreement that it won’t be accepted. This cannot carry on though, for her, for SB, for anyone in her immediate circle.

Sorry for the list. It is the only way I can remember everything.
I think possibly with L she knew it was over before it was over but with OH it was out of the blue, he was still rescuing her on the regular but I said from the start that would wear thin soon.

I honestly think she has hit her mid 30s and realised she has very little ( apart from her son) to show for it. So she's panicking and trying to force it to happen all at once so she doesn't feel so crap about it all!

It's not a good idea, forcing things to happen when she isn't in that place is a recipie for some big slop!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
A lot of people online are simply fantasing, they don't actually want to meet Jack, they just want the dopamine hits from the messages, pics etc. Their online persona is nothing like who they are in real life, they just need attention and OLD is an easy, cheap and quick way to get it.

IMO to be online dating you need to be robust, shrewd and confident. Not in a performative, shin kicking way!

Reactions: 37
It's just all so calculated. Like everything she does.
I'm so stony hearted as regards Jack now and always look for the subtext. She is not terribly bright but crafty. All the 'look at me being chaotic' to garner concern.
Possibly she is going ahead with the multiple Tinder dating bollocks (which I doubt. She is too lazy).
This display is all for somebody's benefit. Ex OHs? Louisa's? Both?
I just think she wants everyone to worry about MH issues, when she knows precisely what she is doing.
I agree with you. She isn't bright, but she is manipulative. She's been rejected and she can't bear it, we've seen these patterns of behaviour before. Her social media platform is probably the worst thing for her right now. She'd be better off staying off it and licking her wounds privately, but as we know, she won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
May have moved on but I’ve been BUSY (sleeping)

Jack just sounds like someone who is desperately lonely and can’t bare it. Post break up you’re blowing up mates phones being sad and wallowing. She’s out there seeking validation on tinder because OH bruised her big fat ego by rejecting her (and I suspect telling her she needs professional help. The AUDACITY)

She is not a well person.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m not sure Jack feels like this about the people she is in relationships with. I think it’s the idea of being in love and someone being in love with her that she likes more than the person themselves. This is demonstrated by how much she lacks any decency when oversharing details about them online, about the patronising way she spoke to and about LJC, the way she was running around naked when LJC was working, moving her son in with Allegra after one date(?), the comment she made that Allegra said was a bit gauche, the nuzzling Harold’s brother, running her foot over his brothers leg, etc etc.
she loves displaying that she’s in a relationship and I think that is more important to her than the person or the relationship itself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I just think she has baby fever. SB wants so little to do with her and the dog didn't fill the void.

She's not after a woman on Tinder, it's all men. She even alluded to pregnancies to the short time she was with OH. As well as pregnancy baiting on SM, bringing attention to it repeatedly.

That bio clock of hers is a deafening ticking. She is desperate to have another baby, because that's her meal ticket to the big time. No one would have cared about her poverty blog without SB.

(Just my opinion obvs.)

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I’m not sure Jack feels like this about the people she is in relationships with. I think it’s the idea of being in love and someone being in love with her that she likes more than the person themselves. This is demonstrated by how much she lacks any decency when oversharing details about them online, about the patronising way she spoke to and about LJC, the way she was running around naked when LJC was working, moving her son in with Allegra after one date(?), the comment she made that Allegra said was a bit gauche, the nuzzling Harold’s brother, running her foot over his brothers leg, etc etc.
she loves displaying that she’s in a relationship and I think that is more important to her than the person or the relationship itself.
It's also the attention and validation, and having someone else in her world she can control. Narcissists absolutely hate being alone, not just in the relationship sense but in general, they don't fare well in their own company. They need that supply unfortunately. I suppose in Jack's case, she can get some of that from Twitter, though it won't completely satisfy as there's always that distance there, it's not the same as irl people.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.