Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Appreciate Lucy Aeroplane's thoughtful posts but I agree she is making up the detail of these tinder interactions....someone noted they all have interesting jobs; most people have boring office jobs that are difficult to explain. Doesn't ring true. So not too worry too much.
I have to laugh at Jack comparing her schedule to a doctor's. She really has no self awareness.
The baby stuff is so worrying though. Parenting a young child who is completely dependent on you is so hard even when you are dedicated and motivated for the right reasons. She's got a good deal in life really....she should focus on the dog and SB and enjoy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I just can’t believe they she even mentioned OH in the first place (and constantly) and now says he dumped her for no reason. After all this time I can’t believe she is sharing this much.
I imagine after 5 months together so much became clear. She obviously lies constantly about everything and he must have started seeing that in real life. Or he started seeing what she was really like on that last trip, she probably started to feel comfortable enough to let her guard down.

Reactions: 40
I just think she has baby fever. SB wants so little to do with her and the dog didn't fill the void.

She's not after a woman on Tinder, it's all men. She even alluded to pregnancies to the short time she was with OH. As well as pregnancy baiting on SM, bringing attention to it repeatedly.

That bio clock of hers is a deafening ticking. She is desperate to have another baby, because that's her meal ticket to the big time. No one would have cared about her poverty blog without SB.

(Just my opinion obvs.)
TBH I agree with this. She's been going on about the baby thing for a while.

For the Frauen who still think this is about Louisa...why? Louisa LEFT over two years ago, went back in the guise of Bubble Buddy, then LEFT again well over a year ago. When Jack was trying to get her back, it was painfully obvious - the thot shots, the kitten's name, the bleeping Mary Poppins outfit. But...Mary Poppins was at the start of 2021. We haven't seen any thot shots in a really long time, nor "veiled" (lol, this is Jack) references to Louisa's interests. While with Louisa, Jack was clear that she would not be having any more kids, and now that seems to be her main interest. Plus, not to be crude, but Louisa's a lesbian, so a lot of performative dick-riding seems...an unusual tactic if that's the aim?

Spaniel Friend - whose recent interactions suggest that she is not an active participant in Jack's delusions - referred to OH as male. The whole OH saga was a) too long and gradual to be a Jack lie - she tends to lose interest quickly, and b) mindnumbingly dull. An invented OH would surely be more interesting than a boring hat-lover who leaves quietly without any explanation?

It's very possible to get chatting with lots of matches right after setting up your Tinder profile. The Tinder algorithm favours new profiles, as a way of getting you hooked from the start. Plus, women looking for men will always get matches - I know a lot of guys whose tactic is swipe right on everyone then filter when you've already matched. Will the dates actually take place? That remains to be seen...

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Appreciate Lucy Aeroplane's thoughtful posts but I agree she is making up the detail of these tinder interactions....someone noted they all have interesting jobs; most people have boring office jobs that are difficult to explain. Doesn't ring true. So not too worry too much.
I have to laugh at Jack comparing her schedule to a doctor's. She really has no self awareness.
The baby stuff is so worrying though. Parenting a young child who is completely dependent on you is so hard even when you are dedicated and motivated for the right reasons. She's got a good deal in life really....she should focus on the dog and SB and enjoy it.
Good point, irl it’d be a middle manager, a bloke who works in IT and a bloke who does something for the local authority.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Omg that "dining across the divide" one where they put people with opposing views together.

She'd be as meek as a brambly mouse in the date and article, then later fabricate a shin kicking.

I hope Jack knows the 'rules' for meeting someone off tinder:
- let family/someone you trust know the name of who you're meeting, send them a pic so they know what he looks like if possible, and give them the date time & location
- make sure it's somewhere very public, do not go back to someone's house on 1st date
- if possible arrange to have a friend call you at a specific time (bonus: then if the date is going awfully you can pretend something has come up and use that phone call as an excuse to leave)
She did something similar with Toff from Made in Chelsea. Just as you say, she gibbered her way through the meeting like a shitting dog.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What time do we reckon she'll regain consciousness and go on a hungover deleting spree?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
On page 4 and lazy, please can someone tell me what page on the last thread the tinder stuff started?

I am (unsuccessfully) on tinder, so I'm here if you need a frau in the know 🙋🏽‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Can't just be me thinking she needs intensive therapy for, shall we say, fetishising teachers considering what she posted in the Fugue State tweets? Just doesn't add up. Spaniel friend's tweets are so revealing, not sure how close they actually are IRL but we know for sure that they've been to each others' houses, at least. It shows that there is some crossover between her Twitter and actual life, and that it's not all just a sort of awful, online persona. I'm so, so embarrassed for her and I agree that the latest show is still for Louisa's benefit. She did try to get her help if we are to go by the pics of her in the 'happy place' kitchen last year, swiftly followed by the long stay in rehab (probably paid for by L...?) Same thing Allegra did, drop her off at rehab with a wave then run off in a cloud of dust.
Final thought (Jer-ry!): Poor SB, I can't think of one instance in her whole well-documented er, 'career' where she's put him first.
Nobody is more important to mackie, than mackie, numero uno, everybody (including animals) are only allowed in her in her orbit when they are illuminating her 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 28

For the Frauen who still think this is about Louisa...why? Louisa LEFT over two years ago, went back in the guise of Bubble Buddy, then LEFT again well over a year ago. When Jack was trying to get her back, it was painfully obvious - the thot shots, the kitten's name, the bleeping Mary Poppins outfit. But...Mary Poppins was at the start of 2021. We haven't seen any thot shots in a really long time, nor "veiled" (lol, this is Jack) references to Louisa's interests. While with Louisa, Jack was clear that she would not be having any more kids, and now that seems to be her main interest. Plus, not to be crude, but Louisa's a lesbian, so a lot of performative dick-riding seems...an unusual tactic if that's the aim?

Spaniel Friend - whose recent interactions suggest that she is not an active participant in Jack's delusions - referred to OH as male. The whole OH saga was a) too long and gradual to be a Jack lie - she tends to lose interest quickly, and b) mindnumbingly dull. An invented OH would surely be more interesting than a boring hat-lover who leaves quietly without any explanation?

It's very possible to get chatting with lots of matches right after setting up your Tinder profile. The Tinder algorithm favours new profiles, as a way of getting you hooked from the start. Plus, women looking for men will always get matches - I know a lot of guys whose tactic is swipe right on everyone then filter when you've already matched. Will the dates actually take place? That remains to be seen...
I live for your posts, always thought provoking! I don't think she's trying or even slightly believes she could win L back (or even wangle a phonecall/text from her anymore) but I do think her current Completely Bonkers spiral is fuelled by L's post-breakup life. The glow up was real and her successes keep coming. Jack was planning the wedding, it's bound to be sticking in her craw so hard. I thought it was telling when she revealed to a squig L had a new partner just as she revealed she had one herself. So much for the cold day in hell..

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Bless Jack thinking she falls into the smart women category
Smart women? Jack you make your money scamming people hun you’re not being paid for a skillset or any insightful thought leadership! You’ve squandered windfall after windfall, you’ve squandered 10 years of opportunities. A smart woman would have made an empire out of the chances you’ve been given and you’ve fucked it up time after time. You’re really bleeping dumb hun? Not only have you wasted opportunities and cash you’re in actual legal trouble with CCJs and late filing fines all over the shop? Sorry if this is vile but when we’re on the brink of a recession in a cost of living crisis who is gonna want to take on an absolute financial liability like you?

I don’t understand how you can’t look at your tit life and realise this? :/

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
On page 4 and lazy, please can someone tell me what page on the last thread the tinder stuff started?

I am (unsuccessfully) on tinder, so I'm here if you need a frau in the know 🙋🏽‍♀️
https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-330-boo-i-guess.31142/post-10451323 here you go x

I don’t understand how you can’t look at your tit life and realise this? :/
Isn’t it wild? So many people out there with real accomplishments and nice personalities doubt themselves for no good reason. She has good reason to doubt herself, behaviourally if nothing else, yet seems blind to it.

Or maybe it’s denial? Who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

I don't think she wanted a baby with LJC. She'd write about her groaning ovaries, but in relation to some disgusting anchovy slop, not babies. For whatever reason, the baby talk ramped up the second she was getting the 🍆

I'm pretty sure my sister met her partner online (she would never tell anyone, but my brother strongly hinted she was using dating sites) Seems to have worked out alright for them because they now have two smol boys.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It's also the attention and validation, and having someone else in her world she can control. Narcissists absolutely hate being alone, not just in the relationship sense but in general, they don't fare well in their own company. They need that supply unfortunately. I suppose in Jack's case, she can get some of that from Twitter, though it won't completely satisfy as there's always that distance there, it's not the same as irl people.
I agree. I think their view of relationships and life in general is so juvenile and idealised that they will never find what they want and when things don’t go their way they start all the power games, manipulation, gaslighting etc in order to get things to happen on their terms and get the supply they need. Whilst their ‘devastation’ seems to be fairly short lived until they get new narcissistic supply if you’ve ended things with them their abandonment wound will be deep and they will hold a grudge and make subtle passive aggressive digs on social media that probably only you would recognise.

An ex plastered photos all over Facebook of her and her new fiancé on what would have been our anniversary saying she’d never been happier and had finally found her forever (over within a month). I just went and checked her Facebook and sure enough on that date this year she changed her profile and cover photos to wedding photos of her and her wife of 4 months - the day I married my best friend 🥰 I wonder how many years she’ll bother doing it (I give crap supply as I don’t react at all) and how many other exes see similar patters 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Jack has such strong gender sterotypical views that the only reason she’s asking for boys in scrubs is she can’t fathom a lady doctor other than a rickety local GP who prescribes Elizabeth Arden.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Also, in response to your very good points @heretoreaditall2019 it’s worth hypothetically asking: why is anyone taking money saving tips from someone who has CCJ’s,
doesn’t pay tax,
has a cupboard full of food yet still swears she does her food shopping for £20,
pleads poverty whilst wearing £1000+ earrings etc etc.

We’ve said it countless times but poor people aren’t her target audience, she couldn’t give a duck about them. She’d rather put on a performance for people who don’t know, and never will know, poor but who have enough disposable income to make her rich.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.