Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont know why this hasn't occurred to me before now, but bear with me.

I have something called trichotillomania, which is compulsive hair pulling. It can get to the point you have no lashes, or obvious bald spots in your scalp. Or if you're like me, you might pull from from various areas and avoid that. (Familiar, anyone?) Often associated with it is dermotillomania, compulsive skin picking, which I do too. Loads of people do. It isn't necessarily to do with ADHD. It makes things a bit nippy, but absolutely nowhere near the scale of chemotherapy patients. Absolutely nowhere fecking near it.

I really think, *if* her lips are bitten, it's just because she's doing something that loads of us do. But making a song and dance about it. Put on some vaseline and pipe down.
I have this too, I am currently pretty much bald on the side of my head. My arms are picked to pieces. I cant bear even to see anyone (husband mainly) with any sort of spot as i just need to get at it.

It's nice to see someone else with it - its not really talked about.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It could be the jif lemon?

1593256842689.png

Glad other people loved Daily kitchen
1593256956249.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Phew, I’m all caught up! That rashy (my phone corrected this to trashy, which isn’t far off...) pants shot is just grim. I’m all for getting your bits out and freethenipple and all that, but the attention-seeking way she goes about things is just... a bit embarrassing?

Why on earth does she even bother lying about things like not having eaten in days? She mentioned food on here and in her mayo cake saga, so either she was lying then or now. Lordy, it must be exhausting.

And lastly, @Pocahontas, love the new picture! 💃🏻

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I have this too, I am currently pretty much bald on the side of my head. My arms are picked to pieces. I cant bear even to see anyone (husband mainly) with any sort of spot as i just need to get at it.

It's nice to see someone else with it - its not really talked about.
I dont think its widely known, the name I mean. I've been without eyelashes a few times, which is mortifying. It comes in waves for me, sometimes not as bad as others are you the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m past caring about JM. My “have I got her wrong” thoughts were stopped by her comments on thread 31.
BUT I am concerned about her son. He is going to be so screwed up by her behaviour and way of life. As other people have said he will one day find out about her antics on SM.
why doesn’t his dad remove him because he is being damaged by JM.All she thinks about is herself and he is suffering the fall out. Where is her family? It seems to me that he isn’t getting any help.
I know what it’s like to grow up being affected by parental problems. It made me very determined not to do the same to my children.
I think SB’s dad trying to remove him would result in a huge court case and would you be willing to go up against someone with an 100% success rate?!

No but in all seriousness, Jack would (understandably) fight to keep him and it may end up in court, which would ruin their good co-parenting relationship. Even with the evidence of how unstable Jack can be, there is no evidence of direct, immediate danger to SB (though she should really be careful with what she posts online in case she wrongly implies there is). It’s hard enough to stop contact with parents even with evidence they are a danger to the kid(s). I have no doubt in my mind that SB will be affected by his mother’s actions, but I don’t think removing him would be viable and I’m not even sure it’d be the best thing to do. It’s complicated

I suspect all of SB’s family (including his dad’s side and Jack’s relatives) feel concerned about the emotional impact she has on him and try to counteract it when they see him. I also think they have weighed up their options and decided that, rightly or wrongly, it’s better for him to stay there than to start a drama which may end up in Jack’s favour and cause them to lose / have limited contact with SB

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m past caring about JM. My “have I got her wrong” thoughts were stopped by her comments on thread 31.
BUT I am concerned about her son. He is going to be so screwed up by her behaviour and way of life. As other people have said he will one day find out about her antics on SM.
why doesn’t his dad remove him because he is being damaged by JM.All she thinks about is herself and he is suffering the fall out. Where is her family? It seems to me that he isn’t getting any help.
I know what it’s like to grow up being affected by parental problems. It made me very determined not to do the same to my children.
By the time he was 5, she was in a good position with a millionaire partner and a step sibling. If his father had been interested in investigating residence, I think he would have been doing that when she was in bedsits and selling toys for food, as there would be no way a court would order such a massive change when he was 5/6. After that, she had money, visibility, another rich partner and he's not known anything other than visiting/staying, hence the 50/50. I'm sure he isn't in danger, I'm sure he's fed and loved. Perhaps, as kids do, as he gets to 14 or so, he'll do the 'I'm moving in with my Dad' thing, but kids do that for such offences as being told to tidy their rooms, never mind because their mum is in the media. And she doesn't hawk his face out for sponsorship, so he has some level of relative anonymity, especially if he doesn't have her surname, when he moves on to secondary. Chances are that if he is bothered, he'll just refer to his stepmum and not mention her in school.

There isn't - unless she actually SHs when he's alone in the house with her or has a real breakdown necessitating hospitalisation - any realistic grounds for making a change in residence. And even if he did express a wish to move and did so, because she hasn't put him in every photo and live, it would be simple to keep it private (as it should be).

She's not a parenting guru, she's not a Mummy blogger, so I think the standard of care he has (because I'm sure it is perfectly fine) should be left out of slagging off her recipes, smegs and sideboards.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Her tolerance for drugs must be off the chart. Or they all counteract eachother. I’ve never had what she’s talking about right now but i’m comparing it to a migraine where it hurts so much you can’t do anything except literally ride the pain. How is she walking around/tweeting/taking pics of her bits?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I remember when I had a cracked tooth, and couldn’t for the life of me get a dentists appointment, I used to sit all night swilling icy water for two seconds relief and then do it again. All. Night.

Anyway, after a week of it I was crippled, couldn’t get out of bed, couldn’t eat or sleep, couldn’t go to Tesco!! So my Mam made me go to the 111 local centre, he gave me codeine for the pain. In ten minutes it was gone, just like that. And then I saw a dentist a week later and had it sorted.

So unless she’s wanting the attention that comes with being sick, she really needs to take herself off to an emergency doctors appointment and get sorted out - and I don’t believe she’s in that much pain. If she was, how the hell did she manage Tesco?!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I guarantee we will never hear another word about the poor kitten. Another attention seeking prop that lasted five minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Oh GOD the cringey (didn't happen) sheepish man tweet and tagging the DKL twitter, then RETWEETING IT an hour later. She's desperate to get back on. Honey, ain't nobody checking that account anymore...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Seems to me she is self harming now, biting her lips to make them noticeably sore and just seen her with what looks like big scratch marks top of thighs. Self harming and then posting about it for attention. Jack 💐
I think she's 32 going on 14

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.