Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me three. I rarely talk about it. It’s been terrible during lockdown. Dreading going to the hairdresser. I’ve never met anyone who has said they’ve got it, but I do know someone with the skin picking version.

My toddler just ran off as I’m on my phone, bad parent, dreading grunkalunking later!!!!
Also me! Just my eyelashes. Was mostly under control for the last month but started up again a couple of days ago. I get much worse when I’m wearing mascara but I really need it to make my three remaining eyelashes show up! Solidarity with the rest of you

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think, and i’m carefully using her own words, that she’s ‘off her tits’ with the medication. The pain I do not doubt, but tweeting is not helping so either get to a doctor quick sticks or STOP TWEETING.

The best thing a doc could do is sedate her but I’d imagine it’d be like tranquilising a horse with her tolerance. She needs sleep so she can’t bite her lip anymore as she’s going to get it infected. Where are her family and friends for goodness sake?!

Reactions: 20
I wasn’t sure about posting this as I really don’t want to come across as insensitive to anyone who deals with similar things, and I fully admit I don’t know enough about the topic.

But she says she’s been to the doctor about this as she’s been living with it for 20 years, and their advice is always to simply stop biting her lip. I know when things are habit and compulsive it’s never as easy as simply stopping, but if it’s been going on this long surely it would have made sense to look into some sort of alternative coping strategies or therapies? Doctors aren’t miracle workers, they can’t just magically fix you. But there are generally routes available to help people deal with damaging behaviours, especially when you’re as well connected as Jack is. I just think that might be a more helpful path to go down than asking Twitter for ideas (but also not wanting to take any advice on board) and posting frankly bizarre tweets about wanting pain relief injections.

I know it’s easy to get desperate with pain, but as an adult you have to try and think things through, especially if it’s a recurring issue.
Yeah exactly, she can seek out pain relief / soft foods to eat all she wants but at the end of the day the root of the problem is that she keeps biting her lip. If she stops, that’ll be the end of it. I’m not being an hole here - have dealt with SH behaviours myself before, I know it’s not as easy as ‘just stop’, but like you said, exploring some coping strategies / therapies is her best bet. She reminds me of a certain YouTuber who has similar issues and tells her vulnerable audience that recovery isn’t possible... I hope no one with similar problems is reading Jack’s Tweets and thinking “20 years?! I guess I’m incurable then”

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She's on tramadol on top of everything else?! My Mum's had to take it for pain in the past and that stuff is strong. Jesus. I'm so angry at her attention seeking and behaviour but she really needs to be looked after at this point. The stuff she has come out with in the last 24 hours is ridiculous. Jack those friends you said you have - contact them and get them to look after you. View attachment 164673
And highly addictive - isn't that what Ant was in rehab for?

Opioids have a common side effect of Dry Mouth so could be a horribly vicious circle.

Reactions: 18
Also me! Just my eyelashes. Was mostly under control for the last month but started up again a couple of days ago. I get much worse when I’m wearing mascara but I really need it to make my three remaining eyelashes show up! Solidarity with the rest of you
I bet there are loads of us, but as it's an embarrassing thing to do (speaking for myself) it's not really spoken about IRL is it?!

Reactions: 13
I think SB’s dad trying to remove him would result in a huge court case and would you be willing to go up against someone with an 100% success rate?!

No but in all seriousness, Jack would (understandably) fight to keep him and it may end up in court, which would ruin their good co-parenting relationship. Even with the evidence of how unstable Jack can be, there is no evidence of direct, immediate danger to SB (though she should really be careful with what she posts online in case she wrongly implies there is). It’s hard enough to stop contact with parents even with evidence they are a danger to the kid(s). I have no doubt in my mind that SB will be affected by his mother’s actions, but I don’t think removing him would be viable and I’m not even sure it’d be the best thing to do. It’s complicated

I suspect all of SB’s family (including his dad’s side and Jack’s relatives) feel concerned about the emotional impact she has on him and try to counteract it when they see him. I also think they have weighed up their options and decided that, rightly or wrongly, it’s better for him to stay there than to start a drama which may end up in Jack’s favour and cause them to lose / have limited contact with SB
I don't think Jack, with all her faults is a bad parent. She seems to have a loving relationship with her child.

Generally removing a child from a parent is a last resort, and the bar for 'good enough parenting' is incredibly low.

Reactions: 15
Im a nail biter (also a bfrb) and it does feel near impossible to resist, you can do it without noticing etc. But again, accountability. I dont play a victim when ive got raw bleeding nails, i stop and think about what triggered it or what ill do next time if im triggered.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
FB6A5EF0-0D3D-42B0-9A33-2BD7F22D4B43.jpeg

‘kinell. How is she able to form coherent sentences? Soooo many arsey responses to people now my phone would explode with the screenshots. She’s just sending them her last night tweet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Seriously? Seriously??

You know, in previous threads I’ve given her the benefit, noted her “unwellness”, and wondered where her family/friends/therapists were, and why they weren’t helping.

But the past few days have finished me. Completely.

Where should I start?

...cancer cookbooks. Ouchy mouth.

...duck-off sized Smeg. Cotswold Co BIG dresser. housed in her Tiny crappy bungalow, which she can redecorate and knock around at will.

... definite ED/SH inspo/triggering

... oooh tiny little pixie waif scampering to Tesco in a dress-up shopping costume without a mask despite the “immunocompromised” status, making a chaos.

... give me suggestions/don’t dare give me advice on multiple platforms. Also tell me what to write/don’t dare tell me my “job”

... the constant turmoil of lies, clearly and easily disproven despite the Tweet/Delete cycle, that not even she can keep straight.

... the continuing begging despite clear evidence to the contrary (see above re Smeg & dresser and previous notes on“investment wardrobe” and multiple Burberry purchases).

... the wailing about lack of financial stability and hone owning in light of the point above.

... the ailments - god the ailments.

...the list of all the jobs in the world she’s done. I’ll tell you this - looking at the hoarder’s pharmaceutical shelf on the windowsill of the bathroom, it’s obvious that her pharmacy job was straightening the Yardley gift sets and restocking scrunchies because she has NOT got even the most basic drug handling knowledge.

...the crashing in here, to achieve what exactly?

...the kitten, god that little kitten.

NOTE: this is all since WEDNESDAY. It’s Saturday morning.

Can she not see this? The Jacolytes? How clearly and obviously manipulative does she have to be for the scales to fall from all eyes?
100000000% this. I just can't with her anymore.

Plus her being nice (because I know it's being done with an agenda not just to, you know BE NICE) is making my blood actuslly boil with the fakeness and then the pants/scratched legs photo coming after the lip fillers selfie has just totally finished me off.

Reactions: 19
She KNOWS she's going to get a load of people offering her advice on treatments for her mouth sores. It's what happens. So why doesn't she just shut the duck up about it instead. Just don't mention it, Jack. Easy. Ugh.

Reactions: 23
I'm not a massive fan of hers, but anyone that throws Hopkins to the wolves is fine with me.
That was pretty much my view of her when I first found these threads. I only followed her on FB and though some of her posts vaguely registered as a bit attention seeky I admired her for giving up alcohol and thought she looked great. I then started to follow on Twitter.....

Reactions: 21
View attachment 164694
‘kinell. How is she able to form coherent sentences? Soooo many arsey responses to people now my phone would explode with the screenshots. She’s just sending them her last night tweet.
She mentioned being on naproxen too, although I don’t know what that’s like in terms of strength.

And yep, her replies are definitely getting snippier!

Reactions: 14
By the time he was 5, she was in a good position with a millionaire partner and a step sibling. If his father had been interested in investigating residence, I think he would have been doing that when she was in bedsits and selling toys for food, as there would be no way a court would order such a massive change when he was 5/6. After that, she had money, visibility, another rich partner and he's not known anything other than visiting/staying, hence the 50/50. I'm sure he isn't in danger, I'm sure he's fed and loved. Perhaps, as kids do, as he gets to 14 or so, he'll do the 'I'm moving in with my Dad' thing, but kids do that for such offences as being told to tidy their rooms, never mind because their mum is in the media. And she doesn't hawk his face out for sponsorship, so he has some level of relative anonymity, especially if he doesn't have her surname, when he moves on to secondary. Chances are that if he is bothered, he'll just refer to his stepmum and not mention her in school.

There isn't - unless she actually SHs when he's alone in the house with her or has a real breakdown necessitating hospitalisation - any realistic grounds for making a change in residence. And even if he did express a wish to move and did so, because she hasn't put him in every photo and live, it would be simple to keep it private (as it should be).

She's not a parenting guru, she's not a Mummy blogger, so I think the standard of care he has (because I'm sure it is perfectly fine) should be left out of slagging off her recipes, smegs and sideboards.
Totally agree. She isn't setting herself as a perfect parent, it is incredibly hurtful to imply someone is a bad parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She mentioned being on naproxen too, although I don’t know what that’s like in terms of strength.

And yep, her replies are definitely getting snippier!
I've had to use naproxen before, as far as I know it just like a stronger ibuprofen?

Reactions: 9
As a mouth ulcer sufferer myself, lidocaine is the absolute tits for dealing with them.

I appreciate how painful they are, the biggest one I ever had was the size of my thumbnail. But you know what, I just cracked on with life when it happened to me. As all of you lot seen to have when you have encountered ill health and obstacles. Life is tit. You are not unique in feeling like that. But you have a good support network and enough money in the bank to get help. Use them, that and get some more therapy, for your own sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She's on tramadol on top of everything else?! My Mum's had to take it for pain in the past and that stuff is strong. Jesus. I'm so angry at her attention seeking and behaviour but she really needs to be looked after at this point. The stuff she has come out with in the last 24 hours is ridiculous. Jack those friends you said you have - contact them and get them to look after you. View attachment 164673
If she's on Tramadol all the time she must be off of her tits. I take it from time to time, it works but my God there are some interesting dreams.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.