Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her tolerance for drugs must be off the chart. Or they all counteract eachother. I’ve never had what she’s talking about right now but i’m comparing it to a migraine where it hurts so much you can’t do anything except literally ride the pain. How is she walking around/tweeting/taking pics of her bits?
This is what I'm wondering about too. When I've been in the pain she describes I could barely function. I certainly wasn't scampering out to Tesco or taking photos of my thighs. (Should clarify, that pain was def not from lip biting.)

Each to their own, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
7286BF77-8DA4-4435-9072-B1E7090230E2.jpeg
A1E12E91-803B-4779-996C-DAFA3A08C1CF.jpeg
D82301E0-D653-4F3F-9AD4-732F5E2BFBDC.jpeg

More wonderful examples of how not to do PR, by Dr Jack Monroe. Also, this -
B0614D1A-0FF3-4868-A20C-BA19E8480C71.jpeg

Such blind devotion! i don’t get it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I have this too, I am currently pretty much bald on the side of my head. My arms are picked to pieces. I cant bear even to see anyone (husband mainly) with any sort of spot as i just need to get at it.

It's nice to see someone else with it - its not really talked about.
Me three. I rarely talk about it. It’s been terrible during lockdown. Dreading going to the hairdresser. I’ve never met anyone who has said they’ve got it, but I do know someone with the skin picking version.

My toddler just ran off as I’m on my phone, bad parent, dreading grunkalunking later!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wasn’t sure about posting this as I really don’t want to come across as insensitive to anyone who deals with similar things, and I fully admit I don’t know enough about the topic.

But she says she’s been to the doctor about this as she’s been living with it for 20 years, and their advice is always to simply stop biting her lip. I know when things are habit and compulsive it’s never as easy as simply stopping, but if it’s been going on this long surely it would have made sense to look into some sort of alternative coping strategies or therapies? Doctors aren’t miracle workers, they can’t just magically fix you. But there are generally routes available to help people deal with damaging behaviours, especially when you’re as well connected as Jack is. I just think that might be a more helpful path to go down than asking Twitter for ideas (but also not wanting to take any advice on board) and posting frankly bizarre tweets about wanting pain relief injections.

I know it’s easy to get desperate with pain, but as an adult you have to try and think things through, especially if it’s a recurring issue.

Reactions: 33
By the time he was 5, she was in a good position with a millionaire partner and a step sibling. If his father had been interested in investigating residence, I think he would have been doing that when she was in bedsits and selling toys for food, as there would be no way a court would order such a massive change when he was 5/6. After that, she had money, visibility, another rich partner and he's not known anything other than visiting/staying, hence the 50/50. I'm sure he isn't in danger, I'm sure he's fed and loved. Perhaps, as kids do, as he gets to 14 or so, he'll do the 'I'm moving in with my Dad' thing, but kids do that for such offences as being told to tidy their rooms, never mind because their mum is in the media. And she doesn't hawk his face out for sponsorship, so he has some level of relative anonymity, especially if he doesn't have her surname, when he moves on to secondary. Chances are that if he is bothered, he'll just refer to his stepmum and not mention her in school.

There isn't - unless she actually SHs when he's alone in the house with her or has a real breakdown necessitating hospitalisation - any realistic grounds for making a change in residence. And even if he did express a wish to move and did so, because she hasn't put him in every photo and live, it would be simple to keep it private (as it should be).

She's not a parenting guru, she's not a Mummy blogger, so I think the standard of care he has (because I'm sure it is perfectly fine) should be left out of slagging off her recipes, smegs and sideboards.
I agree with your points. My concerns are about the psychological problems she can/is visiting on her son. There is a big difference between providing physical care, but children need emotional stability.
All the “manic/hyper” phases she goes through must have a knock on effect, plus the down periods.

Her tolerance for drugs must be off the chart. Or they all counteract eachother. I’ve never had what she’s talking about right now but i’m comparing it to a migraine where it hurts so much you can’t do anything except literally ride the pain. How is she walking around/tweeting/taking pics of her bits?
Or going out shopping in a carefully chosen outfit!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She's on tramadol on top of everything else?! My Mum's had to take it for pain in the past and that stuff is strong. Jesus. I'm so angry at her attention seeking and behaviour but she really needs to be looked after at this point. The stuff she has come out with in the last 24 hours is ridiculous. Jack those friends you said you have - contact them and get them to look after you.
Screenshot_20200627-124342_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Someone has suggested she goes to A&E. This is her response:

465B5CD6-7AAB-4B1D-A54C-2A8F0B83DA96.jpeg

Erm, well they probably should tell you that, to be honest. If you’re well enough to scamper off to Tesco, you really aren’t in need of A&E!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
No....but you were in Monty Python! I picture her literally furtively looking round corners for approaching people to make weirdly american insults at her, swinging her glasto pass in one hand and her phone ready to draft a Jilly Cooper novel on the encounter in the other.
I always wonder if I’ll ever see her while I’m out and about, I really hope this is what she’s like if I do spot her!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Seriously like. She may not have real friends but she has enough people around her to tell her to give her head a wobble and cop the duck on.

She should be ashamed of herself (for many things), referencing cancer in that way is crossing the line. The trauma of feeling hungry reminds her of her 2months/2years of living in poverty? Despite lots of family support. She has to be careful not to kick start an apparent eating disorder?

SHES A bleeping IDIOT.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Dear God, is there any bandwagon she wont jump on. ouchy bloody mouth!!

My mum has an auto immune disease, she has blisters all over her body including in her mouth and has major problems eating at times. She has lost a stone and a half in weight due to a flare up in lockdown. If I was to even suggest chicken porridge to her she would slap me senseless (not really, she's not a violent woman). Porridge is one of the worst foods to try and eat with a blistered mouth, it gets stuck in the open wounds and bloody hurts. Jack literally know nothing
Delurking to say: savoury warm porridge is the worst for mouth sores and: do not write recipes for sicknesses you do not know nothing about, especially cancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Just updating the jobs and ailments lists here but my spidey senses are tingling 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.