Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning, all.

I've been thinking about kitchens and design again. Whilst I wouldn't go for the cheapest possible items if I could avoid it, as they're often a false economy, I try to get the brands with a slightly better baseline of construction and reliability when I possibly can - I started getting Bosch appliances at first (and the shortest lifespan so far has been 14 years), and the most recent things have been a Miele freezer and vacuum cleaner, along with a cheap Hoover washing machine because I'd just been made redundant and was waiting for the final payment, Mr Dragon hadn't got a job yet and my brother had recently died, so I wasn't really in the mood or financial situation to think beyond 'yeah, a fifteen minute wash sounds fine.'

At no point did I think 'Well money's always tight and I'm always worried about the bills, so what I'm going to do with a lump sum payment is, rather than pay rent for the rest of the year up front, clear the council tax, stick a chunk of it into a separate account for tax and then prioritise what I actually need to replace, I'm going to spunk thousands on a fashion brand and some more on multiple sideboards, a dresser, a wine rack and a whole bunch of other things that look nice but are entirely unnecessary'.

I'd also, if buying something expensive that is intended to last for years (like a matching dining set I intended to use for work) buy the most versatile colour - white. Grey's already going out of fashion. You get white and then you style it to fit whatever colours are fashionable/match a brand with small, removable and inexpensive items.

If you look at Farmhouse style instas, the nicest looking ones are very heavy on white, as it's easy to photograph well and makes the perfect background for the #AD items. It looks clean and calm. The more Victorian Farmhouse style will have white and warm, dark wood in good shapes for added structure, often in the form of buying secondhand furniture. Whatever colour is desired is brought in with linen, plants and flowers, crockery and food. People want to feel calm and relaxed when they see something - and to be able to say 'oh, that beetroot soup is a beautiful colour' or 'that lamp is lovely' before swiping up.

Just throwing money at the sort of brands that appear on the pages of Country Living magazine but picking the least enduring colours or appliances and going all matchy-matchy is daft if you aren't sure whether you'll be able to replace them easily when fashions change. And it always looks that bit fake/trying too hard.

Oh, and sticking an oar into cooking for chemo can duck right off. There are plenty of people already handling that perfectly well without rinsed beans and anchovies. I lost my sense of taste on my low dose meds and the people already doing it provided the most useful information - she has no business stealing (and I'm using the word deliberately) money from people who are unwell when they can get the information for free or to raise money for hospitals. Don't monetise feeding cancer patients.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She claimed a gp diagnosed her, which as people pointed out here isn’t possible. By doctor I assume she means google
A GP can refer people to a team to be assessed for ADHD, but you're correct, a GP cannot diagnose ADHD 😶

Reactions: 8
I had to do my civil duty and set up a new thread for Susie Verrill, whose racist and disabilist tweets have finally been picked up by the Daily Fail, I thought Matt’s taco munching image might be confusing for anyone reading that thread. I don’t know how to make the image on a new thread the picture of said person.

This is still probably my favourite Matt picture, and the face he is about to pull when one of the crew on SK show him Saint Jack’s knicker rash shot!
Ha! That picture. Also, about f’ing time that the RACIST SUSIE VERRILL, FIANCE OF GREG RUTHERFORD, OBE finally had the ‘gleam’ taken off her and got in the press.

Plus, tattle was mentioned but as a discussion site, not a cauldron of witches/cabal etc. Progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
When I read “scampered“ I envisaged her setting off like we used to as children when we played pretend horse games - hands held in front as we trotted along with lots of head swishing and neighing.
Was I a very odd child?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Phew. Caught up. I googled BFRB and I HAVE IT! I HAVE AN AILMENT! Is that the same as an ology? My habit of picking my thumbs until they bleed when I’m stressed and then leaving bloody thumb prints all over the place is an ACTUAL AILMENT! So next time my husband shouts “stop picking“ across the room I will reply “SHAN’T” 😂
OMG me too!!! I bite the sides of my mouth when I'm bored/nervous. Apparently i pull some very strange faces when doing it! I just thought it was a nervous habit not an actual medical condition. have officially been diagnosed via Dr Jack!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
When I read “scampered“ I envisaged her setting off like we used to as children when we played pretend horse games - hands held in front as we trotted along with lots of head swishing and neighing.
Was I a very odd child?
No....but you were in Monty Python! I picture her literally furtively looking round corners for approaching people to make weirdly american insults at her, swinging her glasto pass in one hand and her phone ready to draft a Jilly Cooper novel on the encounter in the other.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
No....but you were in Monty Python! I picture her literally furtively looking round corners for approaching people to make weirdly american insults at her, swinging her glasto pass in one hand and her phone ready to draft a Jilly Cooper novel on the encounter in the other.
Ah yes - dad was a massive Python fan so that’s probably where it came from 😂

Reactions: 9
Didn't we once have a Tweet about how many bedrooms the crappy bungalow has? Can we make a list?

We also have:

* kitchen
* dining room/mayo palace
* dumping room (sounds like a toilet, but ok)
* massive garden
* forgotten shed
* under-stair photo studio

What else?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Im cringing so hard at her just now. Bad mouth meals? How can you actually tweet that and think you look professional in the slightest?

She also tweeted that she hadn’t eaten in uncountable days. Enough already.
To be fair, one of her ailments probably means she can't count to one.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just caught up. Phew! What an absolute piece of tit she is. I think earlier on in these threads I would have pangs of guilt, or I would caveat comments with some sort of aside about being concerned or whatever (I genuinely was). Now, I’m just gobsmacked at what a disgusting human being she is. She’s the lowest of the bleeping low. It’s all been said, I’ve got nothing much to add, she’s pathetic and actually harmful. The meds pictures?? The ED and SH stuff. Aligning herself with people going through cancer.... all topped off with a post in her knickers. She’s vile. Absolutely bleeping vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just finished grunkalunka-ing my way through the last two threads, I chose a bad couple of days not to come here :ROFLMAO:

She was exactly as I expected - snippy, rude and passive aggressive. Avoided most of the questions, had a reasonable (and unbelievable) explanation for every question she did answer, tried to push her ‘poor me’ agenda over here. Can’t say I’m sorry to have missed her as she was boringly textbook narcissistic

Everything since - just wow, again. I find it difficult to remember every crappy thing she says and does due to the sheer quantity. Nothing to add about the cat situation except after the PDSA mention on Twitter, I used their eligibility checker to see if she’d get help from them. Surprise surprise, she wouldn’t, and rightly so because it’s a charity that helps genuinely low income people. Nothing to stop her e-begging though

Twenty seven book cases - nope, no way, even with her lovely spacious bungalow. Fact is, she has too much other crap to physically fit that many bookcases, even if her home is otherwise big enough

The lips - Jimmy can handle that one

Cancer cookbook - actually disgusted by that

Her knickers photo transported me back to 2014 when there was a secret self harm hashtag on Instagram. I don’t find it triggering personally but others do and she should be aware of that

For someone so sensitive even to things as innocuous as people trying to help / using certain wording, she does not give a duck about hurting others. Clearly in the back of the queue when God gave out empathy

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.