Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been playing Rimworld for the last 10 hours so I'm absolutely frazzled but I vaguely remember her tweeting something about how she went through the lease line by line to see if she could move out after the year. How did her forensic, analytical, maverick mind miss the part about taking care of the tree?

ETA: found it, also not totally sure why my two comments were posted in the one
View attachment 1365959

Don't think anyone posted this yet, I know she said she slowly introduced the dog to Cooper with clothes or whatever, but surely being in a new house with a massive cat sniffing your arse would be fairly stressful for the dog?
View attachment 1365953
FFS, look at the difference in body language, it's bloody obvious. Cooper looks like he's stalking, pup tucking tail in and lowering head.
What an arrogant hole she is, to think she knows it all about pet care.

She's posted that photo thinking it looks cute. Can't read the signs of fear/anxiety, probably because she doesn't care about anyone/anything else. 🙄 Cow.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Hey guys, I’m new. She keeps popping up on my Twitter. I have browsed the wiki and obviously heard about Jack so won’t get too far into it. But initial thought on the tweet I saw this morning about hoping to buy a house in the next few years. She has over 525k followers on Twitter. Surely if she did 5(?) paid ads on Twitter and or Instagram she’d have enough for a house deposit. I don’t understand why she can’t buy a house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Can’t wait for Jacks hot take on the by election results…. guess that will be a week next Thursday we get those

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I've been playing Rimworld for the last 10 hours so I'm absolutely frazzled but I vaguely remember her tweeting something about how she went through the lease line by line to see if she could move out after the year. How did her forensic, analytical, maverick mind miss the part about taking care of the tree?

ETA: found it, also not totally sure why my two comments were posted in the one
View attachment 1365959

Don't think anyone posted this yet, I know she said she slowly introduced the dog to Cooper with clothes or whatever, but surely being in a new house with a massive cat sniffing your arse would be fairly stressful for the dog?
View attachment 1365953
OT: But what in the name of Pumble is Rimworld Binkbonk?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
FFS, look at the difference in body language, it's bloody obvious. Cooper looks like he's stalking, pup tucking tail in and lowering head.
What an arrogant hole she is, to think she knows it all about pet care.

She's posted that photo thinking it looks cute. Can't read the signs of fear/anxiety, probably because she doesn't care about anyone/anything else. 🙄 Cow.
The thing is, as others have said there won’t be enough negative stuff happening to warrant the RSPCA being called out.

But that isn’t the issue. There are two animals here (we obviously all differ to the extent to which believe how many emotions or indeed what emotions they experience) who have suddenly been placed in a very stressful situation.

If we are just going on body language, which can demonstrate the basic reactions or behaviours then it is obvious that Laurie is fearful and Cooper is acting out his predatory instincts. If this is allowed to continue, if Laurie continues to remain fearful (cowering, tail tucked under, curled into a tiny ball), she will not be willing to do the “fun” things that Jack might want in the future. Jack will have a placid dog but the placidity will be a mask for fear and if Laurie is put in a situation where she feels she can not escape then the worst could happen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
#1978 truther… there are only four channels are there? Are there any other opportunities out there amongst the 700other channels? Or maybe these new fangled streaming companies? I think there’s one called Netflix… they might consider doing cooking shows??

Also does Lorraine ban people from her show if they have a series? Why is Lorraine even allowed on Lorraine???

Oh Jack, you simply must try harder with your lies
A cursory scroll through the C4 app under “Lifestyle” demonstrates very quickly just how many food and cooking programmes listed that do not feature Than Man. Dozens, if not upwards of a hundred.

Incidentally- did she do one of those “Inside the Factory” type programmes? There are a few listed there - makes you wonder why she wasn’t a popular choice so do more of that type of thing - even if she hasn’t got the skill or recipes to pull off a series on her “literal expert” type of programme.

Reactions: 28
Hey guys, I’m new. She keeps popping up on my Twitter. I have browsed the wiki and obviously heard about Jack so won’t get too far into it. But initial thought on the tweet I saw this morning about hoping to buy a house in the next few years. She has over 525k followers on Twitter. Surely if she did 5(?) paid ads on Twitter and or Instagram she’d have enough for a house deposit. I don’t understand why she can’t buy a house.
She collaborated with Twitter recently, it was a pile of shite. Elon Musk is pulling out of the Twitter deal based on this because it demonstrates they haven’t done any due diligence.
she could save for a house but she recently raked up a newspaper for not paying her for a job she done years ago so I’d say she isn’t the best at invoicing.
when she has money coming from multiple sources such as tips, begging and patron, it’s hard to keep track of everything else. Hence she’s still in the snide bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She can't buy a house because she's got at least a fifteen-year history of spending money on a pile of old tit including too much alcohol and drugs. She's fucked her credit rating and will continue to duck it up because she has learned nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Welcome to the thread.

She doesn't actually want to buy a house, she wants her deluded fans to fund it for her or she wants her parents to give her one of their inherited properties/money to buy something outright.

If she was serious about buying she'd downsize her rental and save the difference. She also wouldn't have bought an expensive dog that needs a garden. 🤷‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She probably can't buy a house because her main regular income comes from a Patreon which she never fulfils her obligations to. I'm not sure if lenders would accept it as evidence of security as we're just waiting for it to all crash down. Any large amounts she gets from her collabs she seems to send directly to the Cotswald Company for more sideboards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I wouldn’t be surprised if the landlord decides not to extend the lease. After all, it looks like Jack has wrecked that place. Overgrown garden, broken window in shed, holes in the kitchen wall, god knows what damage from constantly lugging furniture up and down stairs, etc. And that’s even before you get on to the fact that Jack, by her own admission, failed to pay the rent on multiple occasions.

Reactions: 42
I'm also agog at her utter arrogance in just assuming she will pull in enough paying work to fund a 500k house. That's white middle-class food media privilege right there.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm also agog at her utter arrogance in just assuming she will pull in enough paying work to fund a 500k house. That's white middle-class food media privilege right there.
Is she so immersed in cloud cuckoo land that she actually believes she'll be able to secure a mortgage for a half million pound property in her mid-thirties as a first time buyer? Given it's the family business you'd have thought she'd be slightly more clued up on how these things work. But yes, the arrogance of assuming that it will work out like this is mind-blowing. Most people wouldn't even dream of that kind of property until they'd had a lifetime's work (and previous properties) behind them, it's as though she thinks she can retire at the age of 37 or whatever, just as she's about to take on the biggest financial commitment possible.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
From what I can see, the food media world is slowly changing. There's an emergence of new writers from less middle-class and white backgrounds and most of them seem to have no truck with her. As they gain traction, she will lose out because they know a fraud when they see one on account of actually having struggled for real. They are savvier and less noblesse oblige than the old guard. Basically, they aren't do-gooders.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.