Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if I'm anthropomorphising Laurie and admittedly know more about cats but her eyes look SO sad in that picture especially with her tail between her legs.

She reminds me of Eeyore
PointlessGiddyCygnet-max-1mb.gif

• Sad
Reactions: 42
Being unable to read fear in animals is psychopathic. And she obviously can't or she wouldn't have posted that pic because 99% of humans can 😬
She strikes me as the kind if wanker that has rooms absolutely cluttered with bin bags, jars of piss etc. I'd imagine the kitchen is her "photo" room or some such. And lord I can only imagine how she smells. There's a particular stench of people who don't wash themselves or clothes for literal years. Urgh

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I don't know if I'm anthropomorphising Laurie and admittedly know more about cats but her eyes look SO sad in that picture especially with her tail between her legs.

She reminds me of Eeyore View attachment 1366286
Yeah she doesn't seem like a carefree, happy puppy, god love her 😕. She's so young, too young to be looking this sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She strikes me as the kind if wanker that has rooms absolutely cluttered with bin bags, jars of piss etc. I'd imagine the kitchen is her "photo" room or some such. And lord I can only imagine how she smells. There's a particular stench of people who don't wash themselves or clothes for literal years. Urgh
I think someone said she smelt of musty clothes, fags and booze when they met her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I'm having Monroe-induced whiplash again.

Wasn't the landlady a snooty, evil witch, who despite living right across the street, would not speak to Jack? Which his frankly bizarre behaviour. Surely most landlords, especially those who are not property moguls, but renting out one inherited family home are invested in having a good relationship with their tenant?

But now the landlady is totally delightful. Reason being, she found out from multiple neighbours, who follow Jack on Twitter, that Jack slagged her off for wanting to cut down a tree (which actually she never meant to cut down, just prune)? I mean, most people who found out a niche celebrity was badmouthing them to half a million people would, after never speaking to them before, do a u-turn and become best pals with said niche celebrity. Makes total sense.

My head hurts. How can squigs not see this? I get it, in a sense it's a 'harmless' lie. Who cares whether a tree was meant to be cut down or pruned? Who cares whether the landlady ever spoke to her before or not? But why is she lying about EVERYTHING? And in this case, a real person (landlady, if indeed she does exist, who knows at this stage) is affected and identifiable to people locally I'd presume.

Reactions: 52
Can I just say how revolting it is that Jack uses her son to sadfish about her 🥺Forever Home🥺 and giving him stability and not traumatising him. When he doesn’t even bleeping live with her.

It’s vile.

To Jack, her son is nothing more than a prop for her to use in her storytelling.
Not only that, but she is the primary source of the all the trauma and instability in his life. The endless house moves, the partners that come and go, the “step siblings” that come and go, the pets that come and go, the weeks spent in rehab, the crises leading up to the rehab… 👀

• Sad
Reactions: 56
That poor pup looks absolutely terrified and miserable in that pic. Look at her tail tucked right under! I don't believe Jack even sees that she's scared, taking and then plastering the photo with the dog looking decidedly unhappy on sm just to prove a point about how fine Cooper is
Yes and Coops isn't really fine either. He's trying to drive Content off his territory by stalking her. Still they're just living toys to make ickle, smol Jack Jacks happy so I don't imagine she's giving their feelings any thought at all.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
And about the tree paying to have to prove "I'm a lovely, responsible tenant" (I added the comma to make the sentence more readable) just shows that in reality she isn't and is desperate to prove otherwise.

Reactions: 27
And about the tree paying to have to prove "I'm a lovely, responsible tenant" (I added the comma to make the sentence more readable) just shows that in reality she isn't and is desperate to prove otherwise.
Agreed. A lovely responsible tenant who has bounced her rent on multiple occasions.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don't like the way she presents herself as an animal expert, and all her pets as absolutely perfect. While she's had Cooper, she's dog sat for people, had two kittens, rabbits, and now a puppy - and she'll always say, "Oh they get on so well! They're so chilled together!"

It's just...unlikely. We had two dogs who became best friends, but there were still some problems when we introduced them, and it took a while for dominance issues around feeding to be resolved. Our cat didn't take to the dogs, and although eventually they coexisted peacefully, it wasn't an easy road. That doesn't mean that they were tit animals, or that we were tit owners. Just that moving animals in together isn't straightforward. Jack always, ALWAYS claims it is, which seems like a red flag in and of itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
From what I can see, the food media world is slowly changing. There's an emergence of new writers from less middle-class and white backgrounds and most of them seem to have no truck with her. As they gain traction, she will lose out because they know a fraud when they see one on account of actually having struggled for real. They are savvier and less noblesse oblige than the old guard. Basically, they aren't do-gooders.
Her claim that she’s too coarse and common for the BBC is ridiculous. She seems to be stuck in the 1950s mindset, where presenters had cut glass accents and wore suits. Has she even watched any BBC food programs lately?

Reactions: 54
I am so bleeping glad I am not her therapist or GP. The latter must sigh every time her name comes up on his daily list.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh well. Normal Jack talking shite on twitter has been resumed I see. The other night it was snuffle bum and now its bork bork and all MPs have her work phone number (no they don't).
Or it's issued to them so they can block it

• Haha
Reactions: 19
At this point Jack isn't even trying to remember all the previous bullshit is she?

Why on earth would she want to stay in a crappy cold, damp, draughty bungalow with no insulation for another winter? With the massive hike in energy bills she'll never be able to keep it remotely warm.
A bungalow that she can't afford to live in, but yet can save a deposit whilst living in it?
She's so skint she has to walk to the shop and only spend £20..but look how cute her new overpriced doggo is.

It's all there in black and white on Twitter.......yet none of her followers are seeing it.
She had an OH, yet not a single pic of shared meals, outings, etc. No feet, random hand or back of head in photos....not even a reflection or shadow.
Her son apparently lives with her yet in all of her photos there's not a single kids item on show. No toys, no books, no console, no item of clothing thrown about, nothing. No homework strewn across the table, no mention of helping with homework, or cleaning uniform or pe kit, none of the day to day gripes that having kids brings. Yet she'll tweet every other detail of her life 🤷‍♀️
She can't afford to survive properly yet lives in the most affluent part of Southend, with lovely tree lined roads containing detatched houses with large gardens, some even have swimming pools. Jack hasn't been evicted for not paying rent, so she is still able to live like this with her single person measly wage, if you choose to believe that.

At this point I don't know whether to laugh or pity all the gullible squigs.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
To be be fair she's probably sat up till 3am in the corner of her bin bag/glass jars that must be saved for the future room, clutching some Tesco value gin, rocking back and forth wondering why 'kittybits and puppfluff' aren't getting on. "They told me it would be PERFECT."

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't like the way she presents herself as an animal expert, and all her pets as absolutely perfect. While she's had Cooper, she's dog sat for people, had two kittens, rabbits, and now a puppy - and she'll always say, "Oh they get on so well! They're so chilled together!"

It's just...unlikely. We had two dogs who became best friends, but there were still some problems when we introduced them, and it took a while for dominance issues around feeding to be resolved. Our cat didn't take to the dogs, and although eventually they coexisted peacefully, it wasn't an easy road. That doesn't mean that they were tit animals, or that we were tit owners. Just that moving animals in together isn't straightforward. Jack always, ALWAYS claims it is, which seems like a red flag in and of itself.
I also hate the way she immediately says that being a pet-owner is such great therapy, and fixes all her anxieties or w/e. I know my dog is a special case in more ways than one (Romanian street dog, incredibly intelligent - which isn't a good thing IMO, he overthinks everything - and now having to deal with chronic pain) but I never truly appreciated what an anxious person I was until I got him. We've been through so much together, but at times it's like we feed off each other's anxieties, especially before we got the chronic pain diagnosis when it was like he had a death wish and every walk was a nightmare, with me thanking god every time I got him home safely. Sorry, my-dog-rail, I really could write a book on it, but my point is - caring for a dog can be hard, emotionally, and yet Jack seems to think it's going to be a breeze and an answer to all her problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
[QUOTE="BeautifulTrauma, post: 10390389, member: 68304"
I also don't like puppies wearing a collar, I know it's personal preference but there's something that seems super restrictive about them when they're just in the house/garden and not on a walk.
[/QUOTE]

It's also the safety factor with harnesses a collars. If they have them on at home there is a chance it can get caught on something. If it catches on something then they automatically panic and try to free themselves which just means the collar will get tighter. If there's another animal around even more chance of a paw or jaw getting caught in a collar.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
That photo of the puppy 😔 She looks so distressed. Seems to be a feature of Jack's new pets. Staring coats and sad looking while Cooper menaces them. Meanwhile Jack takes photos.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
From what I can see, the food media world is slowly changing. There's an emergence of new writers from less middle-class and white backgrounds and most of them seem to have no truck with her. As they gain traction, she will lose out because they know a fraud when they see one on account of actually having struggled for real. They are savvier and less noblesse oblige than the old guard. Basically, they aren't do-gooders.
All of this! 🙌🏻
Also, I have never known anyone to so recklessly burn bridges and professional relationships the way that she does - be it through her spiteful, nasty mouth or general laziness and incompetence. I have always made an effort to employ people with difficult pasts or life circumstances where I can 🔺 and in 15 years have genuinely never seen anything like it. We all make mistakes but she simply never learns.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
2918F032-3E75-40DE-BDBD-9C012D5C788D.jpeg

I would love to see this seminar.

‘So then basically you just convince as many people as you can to put their own money in & the more people who do that, the better off you become’

‘That sounds like a Ponzi?’

‘No it’s called Patreon’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.