Jack Monroe #326 You absolutely reek of bitterness, fantasy and too much time on your hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is she still wallowing then?!

Shouldnt she be getting ready for this big thing( that isn't A big thing) that she's been waiting on forever.

All I know is her supposed big dreams are always alittle disappointing to me. I always expect them to bigger and just different I guess!

Reactions: 20
So is she still wallowing then?!

Shouldnt she be getting ready for this big thing( that isn't A big thing) that she's been waiting on forever.

All I know is her supposed big dreams are always alittle disappointing to me. I always expect them to bigger and just different I guess!
Considering her job of a lifetime turned out to be making baked bean slop and pear brick on Lorraine I think we all need to temper our expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
What were the reasons she gave for her partner leaving? Too soon because of being in recovery?

Reactions: 7
She did go to a wedding in Spain that summer. A friend of mine was there, and sat next to her. He said she was nice enough, but made a great dramatic show of turning the wine glasses at her place setting upside down and declaring to anyone in her vicinity that she DOESN’T DRINK.

ETA: the wedding was of Louisa’s friends.
I have verified this with my friend. He didn’t actually sit next to her (sorry!) but the rest of my memory is correct.

Reactions: 43
I reckon the tree was the last straw for Harold. Jack was howling and clawing over it, and Harold told her it was just a bloody tree and the land lady had every right to have it felled. Cue an almighty screeching from Jack, poverty, jam, potatoes, CPSD, forever home, moving elventy billion times, most unfortunately poor smol pixie who ever lived. Harold’s response was that he couldn’t cope with her overreacting to every little thing and she needed help (this is where she got “damaged and difficult” from) and for his own sanity he needed to not be in a relationship with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She did go to a wedding in Spain that summer. A friend of mine was there, and sat next to her. He said she was nice enough, but made a great dramatic show of turning the wine glasses at her place setting upside down and declaring to anyone in her vicinity that she DOESN’T DRINK.

ETA: the wedding was of Louisa’s friends.
You can just imagine her willing everyone around her to ask why she doesn't drink and no one caring that much because loads of people don't drink. Poor Jack, cheated out an extended whine about getting sneered at "pooooh, you didn't go to uni and you're an alcoholic, tattooed, lezzer, shut your legs, she beast".

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I reckon the tree was the last straw for Harold. Jack was howling and clawing over it, and Harold told her it was just a bloody tree and the land lady had every right to have it felled. Cue an almighty screeching from Jack, poverty, jam, potatoes, CPSD, forever home, moving elventy billion times, most unfortunately poor smol pixie who ever lived. Harold’s response was that he couldn’t cope with her overreacting to every little thing and she needed help (this is where she got “damaged and difficult” from) and for
his own sanity he needed to not be in a relationship with her.
Poverty jam potatoes PASTA and weetabix

He's probably on the blower to Louisa as I type.

Seriously break ups are horrible but so is she

Reactions: 15
Something I've occasionally wondered finally made it into discussion!
I dated a man whose parents had a couple of properties in the same area. His sister still lived in that general vicinity so she rented from them, and they put that rent into a fund for her mortgage deposit.
They were first generation landlords but got in at just the right time, I can't understand why a family that inherited property and are evidently sufficiently affluent (extension/fostering/stable job/other properties) wouldn't do the same thing?

Reactions: 31
Ooooh good misdirection there 😉
He did tell me who he sat next to, and the wedding sounds full people v successful in their fields (not clear whether any of them told her she should’ve kept her legs shut etc 😉). She really has had access to some remarkable people.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I dated a man whose parents had a couple of properties in the same area. His sister still lived in that general vicinity so she rented from them, and they put that rent into a fund for her mortgage deposit.
They were first generation landlords but got in at just the right time, I can't understand why a family that inherited property and are evidently sufficiently affluent (extension/fostering/stable job/other properties) wouldn't do the same thing?
I suspect the properties aren't grand enough for our Jack.

• Heart
Non of the properties her father inherited would be good enough for a smol pixie.

Pipped at the post by @jenny2603

Reactions: 32
I feel sorry for Harold if he does go to the meeting, Jack is the secretary and putting herself at the heart of it.

• Sad
The hoarding and mess must be a huge deal breaker in her relationships too. I know I couldn't be with someone who lives like they could be on a C5 Hoarders Homes From Hell programme. Imagine going for a romantic break and the thing that gets them most excited is a suitcase stuffed with more unneeded crap? On top of collecting every used ring pull from cat food (!) that would do it for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
There's no way Jack would pay rent to her parents (even if it was going in to a fund for herself).

Reactions: 29
My guess for the big news is she's getting a short recipe series in Bella magazine.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The dad inherited 3 properties from the grandad, but 2 of them were liquidated for cash and he only retained one as a bricks and mortar building. The grandad ran a dosshouse vacuuming up housing benefit so can’t imagine any of the property was in any fit state for human habitation anyway, others have said press articles by the blokes that bought it basically said it was a shithole. Her dad has a company on CH where his job title is landlord so assume he’ll have made some more “investments” in people’s homes 🤷🏻‍♀️ duck knows.

The other siblings appear to be successful and paying their own way so imagine it’d be difficult to justify funding just the one’s lifestyle?

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.