Jack Monroe #326 You absolutely reek of bitterness, fantasy and too much time on your hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't imagine dedicating a book to someone after only a few months of dating

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I kind of hope she deactivates again so we can fully pivot this thread over to Tales of Tree Surgery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I thought she wanted to keep her private life private?

Saying you have terrible arthritis and then cutting the garden with kids scissors = damaged behaviour. There you go Jack.

Reactions: 45
‘Damaged and different’ getting strong ‘If you can’t handle me at my worst’ quote from this, and every woman I’ve known who has posted that on fb has been an absolute psycho in relationships.

My money's (all of 20p) on her throwing a complete tit fit because he was spending the weekend with his kids/Dad and wouldn't respond to a few hundred messages demanding he come and pick her up off the floor, howling and clawing. And when he finally phoned and found out it was 'because the landlady's cutting down my - sniff - tree', he thought 'duck. This. tit'.

Well, that and his ex finding out that she's practically designed the Nursery already can't have helped his stress levels.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I don’t think anyone ever said this to her. There was probably a very reasonable break up speech ‘we are on different paths’ kind of thing and in Jack’s narc mind she twisted that to ‘you are too damaged’ or whatever.

Anyway, I’m off to check on my older lesbian friend who is very well off. Need to make sure nobody is sliding into her DMs.
Erm… *shuffles feet Britishly* but she is damaged and damaging. I admire anyone who was in a relationship with her and was brave enough to be completely honest with her.
I feel for SB. She’s usually so distracted by Twitter (settle a debate between me and SB, caramac or caramilk type of shite) when they spend time together, or she’s making him eat crappy food, humiliating him by shitting with the door opened in front of his pals, infantilising him with lego flowers and rock tumblers, appropriating his football team etc.
then she invites a new partner into the mix who she’s nuzzling, cooking fancy meals for etc.
now that he’s got her to himself again she’s completely broken by another failed relationship and won’t focus on him.
poor wee guy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I really sincerely kindly hope she stays clear of romantics for a while. She's not ready, I get she might be lonely as well as other adult things but she needs to her her head in the game and for once be happy with herself. I have watched countless friends skip from relationship to relationship because the thought of being alone literally terrifies them. I have always be comfortable on my own so when I was single it never bothered me, much and I can be my own person in a relationship without the need to be attached at the hip to my partner.

She cannot be alone nor can she let her partner be during a relationship. I get she must be very clingy and needy and I'm sure it must be draining.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack said she is damaged and different.

Damaged things can be repaired, but that takes time and effort. If she wanted to get better she could.

As for being "different", well she isn't. She is one of the most ordinary, conventional women I have met. A few ugly tattoos and bad haircuts do not make you "different".

• Heart
Reactions: 98
Imagine all the pointless chaoses OH had to endure (if he’s real - I’m assuming he is for the sake of argument). The Jubilee party gun thing and Jack being told off by her dad; the police visit; the constant tweeting; the “bad arthritis” on the train; the buying mountains of crap in Dutch junk shops; the tree; the messy cluttered house; the libel thing; the “accidental” nuzzling of his brother; the COOKING 😕; it just goes on and on. If you thought you were seeing a grown adult with some accomplishments under their belt, then were faced with all this childishness, and especially if you came to the realisation that all those “accomplishments” were in fact hot air … well then I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.
Also, I don’t like the way she describes AA meetings as if they are her own personal support group, there just to validate and lift her up. I would think the whole point is that there will be others in the group who struggle and need just as much, if not more, support. I hope they get their chance to be heard too.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I am flipping between emotions - most (probably all) of it is Jack's fault, but there is a sadness that her only outlet is Twitter.

I suspect it was a light, casual thing - have someone to go out with where there was no drink. Jack has read far more into it, OH has run away like startled fawn. The Twitter addiction and outbursts are very Kevin the Teenager - it's not fair blah blah.

Please Jack, deploy Cooper. Get a kebab and ice cream on Deliveroo. Go to bed. Return tomorrow with an inexplicable egg on some fish monstrosity. Start to act your age. Build a better relationship with your son and family.

My father LEFT us when I was fairly young, he was a serial womanizer and alcoholic. I can't remember all the girlfriends we met, but largely we saw them once or twice. We didn't stay with him so slightly different, but we would give them a chance before being annoying if they were no fun. I don't have bad memories of it, it was our family in joke about them. But this was pre internet, none of them were famous (to the best of my knowledge!) and I don't think we were that bad. If any of them are here, sorry, but it was our way of having fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Imagine all the pointless chaoses OH had to endure (if he’s real - I’m assuming he is for the sake of argument). The Jubilee party gun thing and Jack being told off by her dad; the police visit; the constant tweeting; the “bad arthritis” on the train; the buying mountains of crap in Dutch junk shops; the tree; the messy cluttered house; the libel thing; the “accidental” nuzzling of his brother; the COOKING 😕; it just goes on and on. If you thought you were seeing a grown adult with some accomplishments under their belt, then were faced with all this childishness, and especially if you came to the realisation that all those “accomplishments” were in fact hot air … well then I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.
Also, I don’t like the way she describes AA meetings as if they are her own personal support group, there just to validate and lift her up. I would think the whole point is that there will be others in the group who struggle and need just as much, if not more, support. I hope they get their chance to be heard too.
There’s all of this, but imagine walking off a plane after a trip to Venice and your partner stopping people and asking for their Pringles lids?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
A friend wouldn’t give her the hit that she gets from the en masse squigs and blue tickers.
This is why Jack's relationships are doomed. She uses her child, her parents and anyone else for Twitter likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I can't imagine dedicating a book to someone after only a few months of dating
It is almost as if Jack was preparing the ground for this dramatic, heartbreaking If you have tears prepare to shed them break up.

There will probably be another twist in the narrative soon.

Reactions: 31
There are countless jokes I want to make about Harold seeing the light, but on a serious note, I remember the months of histrionics and batshit behaviour after SHE LEFT, and the impact that must have had on SB. I truly hope she doesn't spiral again. She needs to take a long break from relationships and focus on her child (even if he's only with her one or two days a week, he needs to be her number one priority) instead of jumping with both feet first into another romantic entanglement or spending weeks on end feeling sorry for herself over this one. OH was yet another step-parent figure who was introduced into her child's life very quickly and has now gone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
OH "Jack I think we are moving a bit fast"

Jack "What do you mean, I have usually moved in within a week. We are going slowly"

OH "Those holidays you took me on, my brother said you told everyone I paid. And those earrings you bought yourself"

Jack " Oh well I just wanted everyone to know how much you loved me"

OH "But I never bought you those things, or said I love you"

Jack "Semantics. Let's go to the Harvester for tea and talk things over. We can watch Eastenders when we get back"

OH "Sod off, my brother told me about that too. Thanks for the holidays, but I think it is time we called it a day"
I refuse to believe the Harvester was the final straw. They have a salad bar that has tomatoes and cucumber and sweetcorn and lettuce and pepper…

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.