Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt quite the same about Mr Vali (who’s most definitely neither tall nor blonde/red headed and is also not really the “18th century warrior-type”) when I first encountered this chap a little over a year ago… (was late to Outlander). Young Series 1 Jamie all the way through to older Series 6 Jamie sends me into conniptions, and I am quite ok with that, (though I keep my Outlander habit secret from Mr V) 😂

View attachment 1355075
Corrr check out the size of his sporran.
(Sorry, I'm not sure what's got into me today).

On topic, I wonder if Big Dave has forbidden she mention him on her socials after the Big Gun Incident.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
It’s a cavewoman thing I’m sure. We had someone doing up our garden once and I wouldn’t even say he was nice looking as such, but he was attractive especially when he was doing the heavy lifting 😂😂😂

Thing is, Jamie Fraser is not as pretty and much more rugged in the books too and is still sexy af 😂
My very own SB is experiencing this phenomenon 😂. He's doing an apprenticeship in something that clearly requires him to roll around in oil/diesel/grease for 8 hours a day. The girls go mad for it 😂. He's completely baffled by it, as out of work he's very well groomed.

(He's over 16 btw)

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Wow, that is a bloody big tree. And they are highly flammable. They explode when alight. Something Fireman Fack has no f***g idea about. No wonder the landlady wants it sorted.
Edit to add: I did that Jacksie pose on the sofa and the top of that tree's higher than my terraced house.
Edit to add #2: type in exploding eucalyptus into Google 😱
On a grunk so no idea where this will land but your first edited to add is one of the many many reasons that I adore the canal. Such dedication!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What happened to Jack's part time, minimum pay job that she managed to get at the rehab place? Never mentioned again and not one of her Twitter followers have noticed.

Did they sack her? Did she walk out? Did she just not turn up after a couple of days and no-one noticed? Was there no job in the first place and she just kept turning up until someone actually told her not to?

All very odd. Though that could be said about every part of her life.
The article she wrote as Jack Hadjicostas has also been removed from the rehabs website. You can see that she's written one but you can't see the content

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm off to write a steamy novel were the hunky tree surgeon is thwarted in love by a smol slop goblin who mendaciously lies on batter the new social media site for bat enthusiasts who have had enough of the haunted birdsite. They try to keep him from his one true love , a slightly ahem older lady who can cook. There will be a dramatic last minute train station\ airport dash when he realises the goblin has been sneaking lard into the vegan food she grudgingly makes him and no amount of praise on social media is better than the love of a lady who knows her way around his spice rack

• Haha
Reactions: 53
He's fucken hot.
He really, really is. Distractingly so, in a good way (Not to objectify you too much James A M McKenzie). Off topic but I should have been alerted to this predilection of mine for gigantic blonde haired “older” (fictional) men by my pre-Mr V errrr interest in Eric Northman from True Blood.

On Topic. Jack’s still a spoiled, entitled little tool (who still doesn’t live in a bungalow)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I am sorry if I misspoke.

I didn’t want to suggest that celebrating the birthday in the company of the rooms (is that the correct terminology? Oh, I feel like I don’t want to say the wrong thing again) is wrong. It was her constantly announcing the days on Twitter, as though it was a countdown for her followers. I didn’t think AA was meant to be like that.

As always, your opinion is so thought out. My post was a clown shoe in comparison.

I apologise.

❤

I remember counting the days after I stopped drinking the last time but I don’t think I got to 100. It wasn’t that it wasn’t significant, it was almost like I’d quietly accepted this new way of life and was just getting on with it.

By contrast, we had a fellow in our home group who counted the days for about two years, and would always say how many days they were at. Turns out they were white knuckling it and drank again. I wonder if part of their reason was thinking ‘if I tell everyone where I’m at, it’ll be easier to stay sober’. Sadly it doesn’t work like that.

I think AA birthdays are great. I feel it’s important for the newcomer to see that your ‘one day at a time’ can add up, and I always enjoy birthday shares. I have a number of fellows as Facebook friends and I find it interesting how many of them will post that it’s their AA birthday even when they’re 20, 15, 20 years down the line. Each to their own but I don’t talk about my sobriety on social media as I feel it’s a bit like fishing for compliments…that’s what I see in Jack’s posts. What is the motivation for telling half a million people that you’re in AA and almost a year sober? Is it really to raise awareness and help a still suffering alcoholic, or is it for kudos?

I can’t stress enough that I don’t want to offend anyone, these are just my views.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm off to write a steamy novel were the hunky tree surgeon is thwarted in love by a smol slop goblin who mendaciously lies on batter the new social media site for bat enthusiasts who have had enough of the haunted birdsite. They try to keep him from his one true love , a slightly ahem older lady who can cook. There will be a dramatic last minute train station\ airport dash when he realises the goblin has been sneaking lard into the vegan food she grudgingly makes him and no amount of praise on social media is better than the love of a lady who knows her way around his spice rack
Working title
Tales of a Tree Surgeon: the horrors of my first Love Tree-angle

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Off topic, but I love it when the canal gets dirrrrty. Last time I got frau-horn was when dear heart @Silver Linings briefly changed their pic to Kendall Roy 😍. Given the rage Jack gives us I don’t blame us for taking the time to appreciate the honey/agave when it appears.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'd love to join in the hunky tree surgeon chat but I'm off to see Muse tonight and...... Matt, that is all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Corrr check out the size of his sporran.
(Sorry, I'm not sure what's got into me today).

On topic, I wonder if Big Dave has forbidden she mention him on her socials after the Big Gun Incident.
He made her sign an NDA (No Dave Agreement)

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I am sorry if I misspoke.

I didn’t want to suggest that celebrating the birthday in the company of the rooms (is that the correct terminology? Oh, I feel like I don’t want to say the wrong thing again) is wrong. It was her constantly announcing the days on Twitter, as though it was a countdown for her followers. I didn’t think AA was meant to be like that.

As always, your opinion is so thought out. My post was a clown shoe in comparison.

I apologise.

❤
Dear heart, you did not speak out of turn in the slightest! I’m sorry if I made you feel like you did. I was kind of agreeing with you in the regard that you don’t have to splatter your AA birthday in front of 500k people for it to still be great. Her home group will know when her birthday is and if it’s anything like here, they’ll get her a cake and invite her to do the opening share.

The reason I mentioned the other person was because he placed a heavy emphasis on his days and then after relapsing admitted he’d been white knuckling it. I had done that too - “If I tell EVERYONE I’ve stopped drinking then that’ll prevent me from taking that first drink”. It didn’t work though.

I’m afraid that knowing what I know about Jack Monroe - and the fact I’ve only ever seen her once signpost actual, tangible help, then I can only think she is building up for a self-made fanfare from which she will relish every single “aw look at you, how have you managed to stay sober when those smelly, mendacious ninnies on Tattle are so mean about you!” comment. And retweet them. All. Until Twitter melts.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Finally got to the end of a big Grunk and all I can think of is how utterly tone deaf she is. She is supposedly fighting the fight against the Tories who she sees as being solely to blame for a cost of living crisis. Bills are rising across the board. People are on their knees, watching every penny to eat, pay rent and just live. And she thinks it’s ok to moan about trees getting cut down in her big garden while telling her followers of her plans to buy a half million pound house in three years time? It’s so out of touch, it’s amazing more people aren’t calling her out for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Let’s face it, absolutely everything that she tweets about is all about getting attention. She is a prime example of the unhealthy side of social media.

I've seen them 3 times now before tonight and they are. I will thank you x
I’m so jealous, when I saw them I had a dental abscess so was in agony and full of medication.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This ❤.

We all have different living arrangements and we all have different ideas about what constitutes a “normal” amount to spend on a house (lots of three bedders in my region in decent areas for around £100k) but the crucial thing is, she has a public platform. She is the self-proclaimed voice of those who are most vulnerable and at risk of more government cuts. She should be aware that saying she wants to spend half a million on a house is out of touch. It isn’t like her eating at Dishoom once (which could be a saving up thing). This is a major faux pas. It shows that (as others have pointed out) she is earning shed loads, she has a hefty deposit or she is getting help. All of which are not available to those she claims she is speaking for.

She has gone too far this time.
Not to mention that it blows her “libel case” against Lee Anderson etc. out of the water. (Not that it was ever going to happen anyway, but still). It clearly illustrates that she misrepresents her level of “poverty”. You can’t say on the one hand that you can only afford £20p.w. on groceries, then on the other hand bang on about your luxurious house and enormous garden in a swanky part of town next to a private tennis club, and how you’d buy it if it were £550,000. I mean, seeing that, a court may well decide that it was reasonable to come to the opinion (even if wrong) that she earns as much as the PM.
She really is exceptionally thick.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I don’t think women are wired to respond to things like that. I’m generalising but it’s something that might work more with a man I think.
Also photographing yourself in grey pants is never going to get someone running.
It will get someone running.

Running for the bleeping hills.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.