Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's nothing wrong with that hand that a bit of soap wouldn't fix.

Godspeed to all of Jack's fellow passengers. Amazing how she has crippling arthritis on a work journey, but is always absolutely fine for a holibobs journey.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
It's a testament to her overwhelming arrogance that she's happy to tweet out of date bullshit benefits "advice" to over half a million followers. She literally does not give a toss who she harms.
And why doesn't her handing out irrelevant advice, on a subject she claims to be a literal expert in, so much so she regularly helps others claim these benefits sometimes in person, throw all her other expert advice, say for instance the bleeping VBI, into doubt?
We can see this, why can't others?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Someone's mentioned this New York Times bestseller to Jackie, eh? She's found a new angle/depth to plumb and I can honestly feel my face getting hot.
16553832135503615206817641379624.jpg
I don't understand how she gets away with this 🤬

Edit: this is me, not Spratt!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
In the midst of the bleeping munchie parade she’s currently partaking in, I also feel the need to debunk this. I’ve volunteered at foodbanks in various parts of the country and never once (other than during lockdown) have I been expected to go weekly. They have a rota and depending on the size of the volunteer roster, the number of clients and the size of the store room you are needed once every three to six weeks with a small team. Of course there are the pillars of the community retired sorts who do show up weekly, but for anyone with a job it’s much more manageable on the rota system. How is Jacqui finding time weekly in her 120hr working weeks along with being secretary for AA and parenting?
I would love a Southend Frau to go to the local foodbanks and say they understand Jack volunteers weekly. Could they tell you when she will next be in as you would like to speak to her about her work with foodbanks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Jack suddenly remembering she's meant to have arthritis

View attachment 1347260
This arithmetic does not make sense.

"If Jack travels on a train for seven hours in one direction to say aye, then on a different day catches a train returning to the original geographical location for two hours without a knee strap, is Jack:

(a) 9 hours into her journey;
(b) 2 hours into her journey;
(c) 14 hours into her journey;
(d) a friend of the poor, aye;
(e) a complete head?

Notes: not all information is necessarily relevant. This is known as a granular red sardine. Please show your workings."

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Someone's mentioned this New York Times bestseller to Jackie, eh? She's found a new angle/depth to plumb and I can honestly feel my face getting hot.View attachment 1347318 I don't understand how she gets away with this 🤬
She picked up on ACEs a while ago and obviously thinks she knows everything. Someone has mentioned this book to her (no doubt she has it, not read it of course, it will just be there in her endless performative towers of never-read books) and now she is the expert.

Don’t let her get to you. I was spitting mad this morning but I know that the people who matter are the ones who are actually doing the research, putting the numbers into SPSS and writing the papers that she wouldn’t have a hope in hell of understanding. Just like we get upset when she goes on about food banks, the people who are there day in, day out are the ones who matter.

Her life is meaningless to those who need it most. From the children and adults who are reeling from the ACEs and didn’t have protective factors, to those who live in the towns she has never heard of (and would never, ever visit) who just quietly struggle as the news gets worse and worse. Her life can be summed up as a picture of a normal hand pretending to be an injured hand taken for likes on a pretty average Thursday afternoon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Doing a PhD and Jack thinks they'll want her moronic juvenile thoughts on 'one time, when I was poor...' 😂
Also if a PhD student used research in their thesis that hadn't properly complied with the university's ethics and GDPR policies (i.e. Jack's lever arch files) then that's a trip to failure at best, legal repercussions at worst. Plus if Jack is using people's stories without any form of GDPR paperwork in place her publisher might also either reject it outright or be at risk of legal actions (see ICO squig).

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.