Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1349712
Just been to the barbers and it's very, very HOT here so popped to a new bar that's opened in town but now craving a trifle and I don't know whyyyyyyy?
I still cringe at the thought of eating anything out of a fooking 70s LIGHT fitting that came from a charidee shop. No matter how many times she cleaned it during the 12 x deep cleans she does a day. The aluminium band around the edge gives me the right ick

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 1349712
Just been to the barbers and it's very, very HOT here so popped to a new bar that's opened in town but now craving a trifle and I don't know whyyyyyyy?
It’s perfect! And once you remove the ferns you can use them to make pesto. Nah they’re not poisonous. Greens are greens.

Did this lady read a certain Eastern European cookery book?

1E999A6E-BF2C-434A-9729-A71305FEAED5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
She had the audacity to call Corbyn arrogant. That's just breathtaking. For context Corbyn didn't grow up working class nor is he skint but he's been actively campaigning his entire life and his voting record is exemplary.

I admit to liking Corbyn a lot his views on independence aside.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
What's she ever done for anyone in poverty? duck all

That poor kid. Sent to school looking like crocodile Dundee.
Nah he wasn’t there, surely. Jack was travelling back from Scotland yesterday and then straight to a Billie Eilish gig. What was SB doing was he home alone? and then she was magically there with him this morning to pack him off to school.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nah he wasn’t there, surely. Jack was travelling back from Scotland yesterday and then straight to a Billie Eilish gig. What was SB doing was he home alone? and then she was magically there with him this morning to pack him off to school.
Jack wasn't going to Billie Eilish, it was the simp that met her at the station.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I admit to skipping a chunk out of the Scottish debacle. She's so disgustingly egotistical today. Piss off Nero!

Reactions: 15
Seeing as though we know SB resides with his dad I suspect this compulsory blazer story comes from a quick zoom call this morning - SB in his blazer, Jack saying its so hot take it off, and SB being a typical nearly teenager says '{sigh} not allowed to' or something dismissive like that when it most probably isn't true.
But Jack, not seeing him much, misunderstands young person speak.

Reactions: 47
Oh of course, teachers who enforce uniform rules are p*dos.

View attachment 1349098

View attachment 1349099
I work in a school, on duty today some of the girls skirts were rolled so short you could see their knickers. Should I let that go? Or would i ask them to unroll them a bit?

I chose to very quietly have a discreet word with them, and they were mortified as it never crossed their mind that would happen and unrolled them until they were a bit longer.

It's 30 odd degrees in my room today, very very warm and close. We let the kids take their blazers off, why on earth wouldn't we? We're not sadists.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Seeing as though we know SB resides with his dad I suspect this compulsory blazer story comes from a quick zoom call this morning - SB in his blazer, Jack saying its so hot take it off, and SB being a typical nearly teenager says '{sigh} not allowed to' or something dismissive like that when it most probably isn't true.
But Jack, not seeing him much, misunderstands young person speak.
I agree. My daughter's school have it that you have to wear your blazer into school on hot days, but obviously she can take it off once she's there.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1349754

Go on then… please share your 100s of examples.

And not in lever arch file form, actually type them up. Please don’t include yourself… because free publicity for the Asda Smartprice range does not count as a phenomenal change.
Perhaps she means Joan of arc. You know how up to date with things she is, she probably think she was about last week or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I work in a school, on duty today some of the girls skirts were rolled so short you could see their knickers. Should I let that go? Or would i ask them to unroll them a bit?

I chose to very quietly have a discreet word with them, and they were mortified as it never crossed their mind that would happen and unrolled them until they were a bit longer.

It's 30 odd degrees in my room today, very very warm and close. We let the kids take their blazers off, why on earth wouldn't we? We're not sadists.
It's absolute lunacy. Does Jack imagine teachers are sitting there watching children faint in the heat and roaring "KEEP YOUR BLAZERS ON"? Quite apart from anything else, I don't see a class full of children sweating into their blazers making for a particularly pleasant working environment for the teacher.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Why doesn’t she borrow some gardening equipment from OH, her parents, her neighbours - or is that not attention seeking enough?

I hate the way she mentions OH and SB together so often like they are a unit. He’s your new boyfriend, gross.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
On a grunk so don’t know where this will end up and someone may have already made the point..This is a very 1970s viewpoint so it’s probably come from Big Dave. He’s around the same age as me and I remember this sort of codswallop being said when I was at my state comprehensive. It was only a couple of years after the 11-plus was scrapped and this was how the press spoke about the comps. We still took a variation of the 11-plus and pupils were streamed with the g-streams (grammar equivalents) supposed to be destined for the ‘professions’ or managerial jobs and the lower streams for factories or military. In our city, it was the navy.

Looking at my contemporaries, that turned out to be absolute rubbish - lots of them have done very well and very few joined the forces or worked in low skilled jobs.
Wasn’t about in the 70s so forgive me for ignorance it’s not malice - but we’re in a very different world now, surely? The British economy was very different, largely production / ergo physical labour based (aka menial to Jack) with high paid jobs limited to a small number of industries largely centralised in London. Things have changed massively, tech has been such an equaliser even in terms of improved transport connectivity of literal tech jobs or remote working in terms of giving non-elite bg people access to well paid work!

Awfully gauche dahlings as I know it’s a prestige/MC lifestyle thing not a ROI thing but we’re not from money so I modelled this after viewing one of Jacqui’s coveted schools (atrocious btw - not my tit was husband’s) and the opportunity cost of that money in fees vs cash savings would necessitate the toddler earning 2.8 times more over her lifetime (these are truly fag packet calculations pls don’t put faith in these). And that is “only” for a normal young persons standard of living owning a 2 bed flat in a city centre (so a privileged young person lol), that’s not including the orangery or a year’s mat leave etc!! And if you have the privilege of that spare cash surely you’d sooner spend it so that your child doesn’t need the stress of averaging earnings of >£100k pa for their entire working life, or at the very least their 30 year mortgage term? The housing market is so fucked now that it’ll be these schools’ biggest competitor. Jackie doesn’t know she’s born as she has the immense privilege of inheriting at least part of the empire, her dad may not have spent out on school fees but he’s certainly protected her financial future which is far, far, far more than she can say for her and SB!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.