Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update from OH re blazers: ‘Obviously, because we’re normal human beings and not tabloid monsters’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Wasn’t she crippled with arthritis yesterday? Needing a brace bought to her immediately?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm missing something - the mower was stolen yet used twice already? Or does she have 2 or 3 mowers?

Can someone make it make sense?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the thing I find most infuriating about her is the sheer arrogance she seems to have about the impact of her campaigning- she completely disregards the thousands of organisations and individuals that work to improve policy around welfare/poverty/housing etc. She has no qualms about claiming any positive success as her and hers alone (e.g. the work ONS had already committed to doing prior to her Asda rant).

Given the conference and awards ceremony she sat through earlier this week you think she'd have a little more humility.

Oh, and squig is completely right and Jack's 'just keep banging the drum' is nonsense and can be a waste of time and resources. Obviously, there is an element of repeating key messages and having ultimate goals, but successful campaigners know when to pick their battles, know that change is often incremental and know that just shouting the same thing at someone doesn't change their mind. There's a lot more to influencing than that - perhaps that's why she's so unsuccessful at it!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Let us not forget that thousands of MENIAL workers - and I count myself among them, fwiw - worked constantly through a two-year pandemic to little or no thanks, be that verbal or remunerative. Jack, of course, did not.

Similarly, he strikes me as someone who would be unthinkingly rude and entitled around waitstaff, which is a red flag the size of which you'd only see off a Chinese aircraft-carrier. And if subsequently called out on it, would then suddenly remember to blame her 'anxiety' or 'ADHD' for her astounding rudeness.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Punchy slogan advice from the woman who brought us suppernanny and dead people cant riot. I really don't know what Kier is waiting for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
It’s not though is it. There are quite a lot of countries struggling atm, because of, I don’t know, fallout from the ongoing pandemic, the war in Ukraine, climate change… Don’t get me wrong, this government is actively harmful and do plenty to exacerbate the problems the world is facing, but the cost of living crisis has not been caused by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.