Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ, I want to clean those shoes SO badly.
It must be my Autism, or my Military Edges but, Jesus.
Sorry (not sorry) to say I judge people by their shoes.
Shoes and handshake.
Dirty shoes, limp handshake. Nah.
I have one pair of Docs, that cost me an eye watering £190ish quid. They were my congratulations on getting into Uni as a lone parent to 3 present, and even though they’re now 5 years old, I still look after them as if they’re a newborn I’m bringing home from the hospital in a car for the first time.

Not looking after Docs is a crime against humanity, but she’s obvs done it for the Extra POV look. Not realising that we fucken treasure anything expensive and would never batter them like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It won't really do, not for a black tie event. It's a matter of showing respect towards the hosts and award winners.
It's really easy to buy a dress at the moment, the shops are stuffed to the gills with them. And pretty cheap as well.
The only thing she respects is money.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
My Scumlord had a tit fit when my kids put posters, artwork up on their walls - with white tack. Made me take them down. Bare white walls all over the house, depressing as duck. Limited storage too as I wasn’t allowed to put shelves up. But so what? I went all out with bedding, throws, rugs, bean bags, and I got decals for the Kallax boxes.

Point is - you can personalise a kids room even if your landlord is a massive, pumbling twit.
And hers isn't

Reactions: 14
It won't really do, not for a black tie event. It's a matter of showing respect towards the hosts and award winners.
It's really easy to buy a dress at the moment, the shops are stuffed to the gills with them. And pretty cheap as well.
She doesn’t need a dress though.

Black man’s suit. White shirt. Snazzy tie. Can get all of the from Tesco.

Posho R&B loafers that she has probably brought with her. No need to spend the big money for her to be comfy.

Reactions: 28
She could literally wear anything. I don't know it's ingrained in me if I go out for the day, go out for the night, go on a trip. I put on clean clothes and if the event requires it Brings clean clothes, what's in the Adidas bag? Is it to being home more useless shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Glasgow has very decent charity shops and she could easily have got a nice outfit very cheaply. Also. She could have flown. No need to be up at 5am

She's minging. imagine having all that dosh and being so chavvy.

There's a clothes shop on Queen St and the clothes are fab and very well priced

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not fully read up (so perhaps the point has been made), but I doubt the SCVO would have a strict dress code at all. I assume the black tie code is made up, or very loose

Reactions: 22
I have one pair of Docs, that cost me an eye watering £190ish quid. They were my congratulations on getting into Uni as a lone parent to 3 present, and even though they’re now 5 years old, I still look after them as if they’re a newborn I’m bringing home from the hospital in a car for the first time.

Not looking after Docs is a crime against humanity, but she’s obvs done it for the Extra POV look. Not realising that we fucken treasure anything expensive and would never batter them like that.
I totally misread this as you having 5 year old triplets who you look after with the care of a newborn 🤦‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She did come in with a guy but it *might* have been the bloke who interviewed her. I couldn’t see him properly!
Maybe bolstered by her Twitter, ehm, spat with Piers she’s feeling brave enough to reveal something 🤔. Maybe it’s him who has asked her to keep him deliciously private (or whatever bollocks she spouted), it’s not like her to miss an opportunity for attention

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Did someone try a bit of pumble? Did you...silly billy? Work that sphincter!

1655315704808.png

I am terrible I have fresh clothes every day. I literally cannot wear dirty clothes. When the cost of living thing came up, I said to my husband well I can manage without most things but the washing machine and kettle. 😂
Yes!
✊👋

Sounds like today was a meeting of the echo chamber. Lots of lovely sycophantic present and future squigs with a bit of spare cash to ping her way.

She so brave
She so true
She so full of
Dog doodoo.

Yes I know, childish...SUE ME!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I reckon we won’t see OH and she’ll say it’s because ‘she’s fiercely protective of his privacy and he doesn’t want to be in the public eye’

Reactions: 18
Not fully read up (so perhaps the point has been made), but I doubt the SCVO would have a strict dress code at all. I assume the black tie code is made up, or very loose
Quoting myself like an hole here, but her approach also shows her privilege. People who don't get second chances and without much credit in society can't afford to not take dress codes seriously, as they'll be judged more harshly for it. (It also shows how serious she takes these events).

Still, I imagine the SCVO won't enforce the dress code much.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
No, it's absolutely black tie, or how else will our smol pixie urchin rebel by wearing nowt but sockcloth and ashes?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.