Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also said today that she’s raised over £1m for Trussell Trust. Is that verified anywhere?
If Jack is openly saying this, in a public forum, with how many witnesses? Then that's great.

So, if someone present, either at the event or online, was to drop TT a message about this philanthropy, they, the TT, would have absolutely no hesitation about verifying this publicly made claim, would they?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I was looking through the hashtag for the charity awards and it seems like a very big deal to a lot of these people. You can tell by the pictures that they went all out for this. It makes me very sad that Jack would be disrespectful enough to show up in jeans and shirt to it. Just beyond rude.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
If Jack is openly saying this, in a public forum, with how many witnesses? Then that's great.

So, if someone present, either at the event or online, was to drop TT a message about this philanthropy, they, the TT, would have absolutely no hesitation about verifying this publicly made claim, would they?
If it was any other charity I would say no, they shouldn't have any issues supporting this claim. But TT supported Jack during the Teemil escapades so I doubt they would give out this info whether true or not

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I was looking through the hashtag for the charity awards and it seems like a very big deal to a lot of these people. You can tell by the pictures that they went all out for this. It makes me very sad that Jack would be disrespectful enough to show up in jeans and shirt to it. Just beyond rude.
It's rude, immature and unprofessional. Adults accept the fact that dress codes are a fact of life sometimes.
It doesn't make her look impoverished either, just scruffy.
All the poorer/working class people I know would go to a lot of effort to look well dressed for any kind of event, even if we had to borrow each other's clothes or order an outfit off a catalogue and pay it off weekly.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
The thought of her attending the awards night in jeans and a shirt makes me feel all funny inside, not in a good way. Honestly, it's really poor manners and disrespectful. Just not the done thing at all. I hope she was just joking ☹.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If it was any other charity I would say no, they shouldn't have any issues supporting this claim. But TT supported Jack during the Teemil escapades so I doubt they would give out this info whether true or not
Apart from our great leader who appears to be getting away with quite a lot at the moment, is there anyone else that anyone can think of that seemingly gets away with so much?

My cognitive function is taken up with Rightmove* and Jack at the moment so this task has to be delegated elsewhere.

*not because I am moving just because it’s fun.

It's rude, immature and unprofessional. Adults accept the fact that dress codes are a fact of life sometimes.
It doesn't make her look impoverished either, just scruffy.
All the poorer/working class people I know would go to a lot of effort to look well dressed for any kind of event, even if we had to borrow each other's clothes or order an outfit off a catalogue and pay it off weekly.
It isn’t just poor/WC people. Anyone with manners or who understands that an event doesn’t revolve around them would dress to fit the code.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The thought of her attending the awards night in jeans and a shirt makes me feel all funny inside, not in a good way. Honestly, it's really poor manners and disrespectful. Just not the done thing at all. I hope she was just joking ☹.
I hope so too. A Gotcha to all the ninnies on Tattle.
The way she relates it as a jolly jape makes me think it might be true though.
I also think that if she was adjacent in any way to a media or food industry event where she would meet people she aspires to be friends with there is no way this would have happened.

Reactions: 25
There wouldn't be anyone there who could help her career so why make the effort. She'd soon scrub up if it was media people.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
The dress code (found online) says dress to impress.

eta Even if Jack did not specifically note the dress code, she would be aware she was going to an awards dinner, yes?
Yes. She is performative.

Reactions: 19
It’s just arrogant isn’t it, like ‘the talent’ doesn’t need to follow a code.
The awards are for folk who’ve really been there for people and are a real treat, a chance to get properly dressed up. She’s being a right dick, as per usual

• Heart
Reactions: 38
TT were a bit surprised by Jack's Teemil escapades as they weren't consulted. And the £10k had to be shoehorned, late from her bank account to its rightful home of the TT charity.

In other totally unconnected news, isn't this tune an absolute banger!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thread title - Amalgamation of sideshow Bob and limey brilliance…

Jock MacRoe, why the tears ? Barred by Piers.

Thread title - Amalgamation of sideshow Bob and limey brilliance…

Jock MacRoe, why the tears ? Barred by Piers.
Sorry… soapy dolphin!

Is this the back of Jack?
I think you are missing the main excitement… is this Harold/Harriet!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.