Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sorry I haven't commented here in ages, but for people in the know, is Anna a stadard Maasai name?
Also, by this logic, everyone should vote tory, do what benefits you and f*** everyone else? Sounds a bit like trickle down economics
Anna was mentioned right back in 2014

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Why does Jack keep going on about being tattooed? It isn’t shocking nor is being non binary or a lesbian Why it is always her retort?
Because she was born in 1878 when tattoos were only for sailors or women of ill-repute.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Why does Jack keep going on about being tattooed? It isn’t shocking nor is being non binary or a lesbian Why it is always her retort?
Because they need to make themselves seem edgy and rebellious, like a teenager except they are 35. Tragic. It says a lot about how they view themselves/the identities they ID as.
they want to centre themselves as a victim via those identities when most of us just don’t.

Also, It grinds my gears that fack appropriates Scots language. I wish one of the Scots language folk on Twitter would go rouge and tear her a new hole for it🤣 Wonder if she even knows about any of the history of Scots, or just thinks of it as a cute little accent 😡

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I have a huge grunk ahead of me frauen… but had to comment on this gem;

View attachment 1345684
Is even 1% of this true? Is this a fully untethered from reality jackanory in the wild?
I roared at this as well 😆 I learned the intricacies of 18 tribal dialects and mastered their rites and rituals. I studied the practice of herbal and spiritual medicine and became revered as a great healer. I brokered peace between several waring tribes and ushered in an era of trade and stability not seen since the bronze age. It was a fantastic couple of weeks and I brought home loads of great spoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Grunking but babe, same.

ActuallyAuDI went to Butlins, a 2 hour drive away with my kids (actually single muvva too) and needed 3 fucken days to recover from it.
Exactly! Imagine, travelling to the the other end of the country the day after you get home from a 4+ day trip to another country (for which you were allegedly “whisked away”, and that phrasing implies no involvement in the planning of said trip which I wouldn’t be happy with in the first place), to then give a ‘professional’ talk in front of an in-person audience and simultaneous livestream … just not happening. And then, good grief, going to an awards show and dinner on top of it. Nope, very nope. Yes all autistic people are different, but difficulty with change and transitions is a pretty key barrier the condition leads to. So all this sudden holidaying and WORK TRAVEL and now a big dinner in a sensory nightmare environment, all in one go, is further fuel for the theory that she’s been talking out of her arse.

(Nice one for managing all that for your holiday 💗 your kids will have a great memory to share, even though they’ll have no idea how much it wrecked you 😉 I aim to be able to do stuff like that when my youngest is old enough, but am nowhere near being able to handle it yet, cos small toddlers are the worst. And the best. But yeah very much the worst.)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Although the SCVO won't enforce the dress code it's very disrespectful to show up in jeans and a t-shirt. This is supposed to be a celebration of the hard work these charities have done over the last year. Yes there is a certain amount of back patting smugness but it's not like volunteers at the Inverclyde pantry or whatever have invites to swanky parties every other week

That was quite a mild grunk. Sad for lack of chaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
How do some people wear the same set all week long?! Boak!!!

I think it's utterly disgusting, she could have put clean clothes on, but a three day worn tee shirt, on a hot, long distance train. And then all the guff she's up to. Jack is bleeping gross.
The three day old t shirt was for tonight but she's completely mad. She has got so many nice clothes.

No need to turn up anywhere looking like a jumble sale. Such an attention seeker

Last week straddling a gun. This week jumble

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes squig, Jack is 'classier ' than paid staff and volunteers who go out and work in their communities every day.

Screenshot 2022-06-15 20.11.53.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
The three day old t shirt was for tonight but she's completely mad. She has got so many nice clothes.

No need to turn up anywhere looking like a jumble sale. Such an attention seeker

Last week straddling a gun. This week jumble
But mumble pumble loves her jumble, mustn't grumble!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There once was a girl called Jack,
Her grasp of the truth, it was Lax.
She claimed she was poor,
But the high life she did adore,
That's why she avoided paying her tax.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My 2pm client just cancelled!

Jen, I don't know what you do for a living but I genuinely had to cancel a 2pm meeting today, not for Jack reasons.
Are you anything to do with getting care leavers into education? Asking for a friend...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Jen, I don't know what you do for a living but I genuinely had to cancel a 2pm meeting today, not for Jack reasons.
Are you anything to do with getting care leavers into education? Asking for a friend...
No, I suspect my client was a sunny weather related cancellation.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.