Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Presumably she won't be claiming for travel and accommodation and will be paying for tonight's dinner? It's well known that Generous Jack doesn't claim work related expenses and chastises those pesky politicians for so doing. OH will also pay their own way.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I knew something had been done to them, I'm no beauty salon frau! Cheers!
Bladed is drawn on, usually dark!
I recommend threading to anyone who wants a cheap quick way to look tidy/fresh etc. Never had a threading that didn’t improve my beefy face and monobrow

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She could literally wear anything. I don't know it's ingrained in me if I go out for the day, go out for the night, go on a trip. I put on clean clothes and if the event requires it Brings clean clothes, what's in the Adidas bag? Is it to being home more useless shite.
I used to work with a guy in the days before computers were not in common usage and he used to carry his Phd thesis around in two carrier bags. We know Jack is not computer literate soI think the Adidas bag contains the Ventricular Blood Infarction work and receipts so she can use her time wisely on the train.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Why does Jack keep going on about being tattooed? It isn’t shocking nor is being non binary or a lesbian Why it is always her retort?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Sorry all, I am writing from the past so this point may have been made already but if she knew it was a SWANKY DO why did she only bring minging jeans and an already worn t-shirt? Make it make sense….🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Having grunked, here is what is standing out to me.

1) Both she and Piers have their public versions of themselves, their characters that they play, only she pretends (or believes) that hers is real.
As per Piers being quite a decent sounding bloke by the sound of things, we know from her own words that she's a neurotic, tantrum throwing, attention seeking, drama queen behind the scenes (see throwing a book at her publisher, wailing like a banshee, making partners come home to look after her etc etc).
A lukewarm take, that one, but an interesting parallel nonetheless.

2) At this point I firmly believe that she gets these jobs because she is completely predictable, says the right things, has nothing new to add, will never upset the applecart with actually difficult questions or new issues because everything is based on her. She ticks the right boxes whilst providing a nice bit of filler material for organisers without them having to find anyone.
You don't want your conference going off piste with actual food bank users onstage because they might cry or be angry or something inconvenient that'd duck with the flow and the timings.

3) Finally, her willingness to be so gross and disrespectful (three day old t-shirt to a dinner) shows her wealth and privilege more obviously than anything else, even the stupid spoons.
My grandparents were poor, I work with people in extreme poverty, anyone genuinely hard up would make far, far more of an effort.
It's like those bonkers grubby rich people, there was a TV show on one family but it's quite common, you can slob about when you're minted or landed, not so much when you're a pov.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I have a huge grunk ahead of me frauen… but had to comment on this gem;

View attachment 1345684
Is even 1% of this true? Is this a fully untethered from reality jackanory in the wild?
sorry I haven't commented here in ages, but for people in the know, is Anna a stadard Maasai name?
Also, by this logic, everyone should vote tory, do what benefits you and f*** everyone else? Sounds a bit like trickle down economics

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’d join in but I’m TIRED luckily the canal have provided reasonable adjustments for disableds like myself, so here’s my contribution to todays comments on Jack
F12B5AB8-5B61-41FB-967C-DF36A04E4C08.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I am terrible I have fresh clothes every day. I literally cannot wear dirty clothes. When the cost of living thing came up, I said to my husband well I can manage without most things but the washing machine and kettle. 😂
I’m the same, clean clothes every day and clean pjs every night, and 2 showers a day (I do have some issues but at least I’m always fragrant!) She’s making me feel queasy with her days old clothes, bet she stinks 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 23
clean pjs every night,
How do some people wear the same set all week long?! Boak!!!

I think it's utterly disgusting, she could have put clean clothes on, but a three day worn tee shirt, on a hot, long distance train. And then all the guff she's up to. Jack is bleeping gross.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
Despite my stack of waffle upthread I still can't wrap my head around how she brags so much and so frequently about being unprofessional. Mindboggling.

Reactions: 29
I hope there is a picture later on of Jack looking stunning in her fancy shirt and make up, otherwise wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.