Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
on the one hand, I want to think that jack's not seriously done a long train journey, followed by an event in such grubby clothes and is just doing her usual lying to up the poor vibe

on the other hand, it's jack and she's just... grubby

Reactions: 39
She said during the talk that she works 120 hour weeks, hasn't had any time off this year and then talked about how her partner (not OH, partner) whisks her away every 8 weeks for an enforced no-phone break.
The rage. Works 120 hour weeks. Wanking into the ether on Twitter is NOT WORK. I can’t.

Reactions: 22
The dress code (found online) says dress to impress.

eta Even if Jack did not specifically note the dress code, she would be aware she was going to an awards dinner, yes?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
I see candles on the tables, hmmm, I wonder if there might be an *cough sausage * * cough grease* opportunity here for an artisan kitchen table entrepreneur?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
One of the groups up for an award.
I'm sure most of us would feel awkward in a slept in T shirt but wee Jock McRoe just wants to be a maverick!

1655316981668.png

Reactions: 27
I have a huge grunk ahead of me frauen… but had to comment on this gem;

E25CFC51-B01E-4EBB-930E-85F3BA248CDD.jpeg

Is even 1% of this true? Is this a fully untethered from reality jackanory in the wild?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She also said today that she’s raised over £1m for Trussell Trust. Is that verified anywhere?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
This makes me think of the late night commercials from the 90s.

“Single and feeling lonely? Call Pumble chat now. Hundreds of Pumbles are waiting for your call.”
Pumble: *reclining on bed* I just got out the oven and I’m waiting for someone to gobble me down and declare me the best ever.
“Call Pumble Chat on 0891 34 19 34 to chat to a genuine sexy Pumble right now. Only 20p per portion.”
Pure genius 🤣🤣

Am grunking but hoping Jack has behaved herself up here. Else I'll send a pumble her way.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.