Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack: Posts implying she needs money for rent deposit. Oh if only someone could help!
Jack: Posts implying she needs money for a forever home. Oh if only someone could help!
Canal: 'Maybe just get a regular job and save up yourself'
Jack: 'YOU WANT ME TO DISAPPEAR AND WON'T BE HAPPY UNTIL I'M GONE WIll YOU?!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
You know how Jack is so traumatised by The Poverty that she curls up in a ball and howls if the door goes unexpectedly. I wonder if there was any kind of stand off with the police when they came knocking.

Screenshot 2022-06-10 01.26.42.png

"OPEN UP, YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY CONCERNED BASTARDS"

• Haha
Reactions: 57
More boring Gun stuff. The following is about it. While not discounting Jack's account it seems quite a big deal to have it out on the road. I actually now think the gun wasn't even at the street party and that photo is from a different occasion.

The artillery peeps also seem to upload pictures and videos when the guns are out and about, haven't seen any Jubilee outings though... 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
The artillery peeps also seem to upload pictures and videos when the guns are out and about, haven't seen any Jubilee outings though... 🤔
Maybe Big Dave saw Jack coming down the street with the peasants pudding, panicked, fired the gun, missed and then had to cover up his error by telling Jack it's a Jubilee thing?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Prison food is so tit I reckon Jack must be involved already somehow
Nah. They spend too much - it's an average of £13.09 a week per person at an Open prison or £23.87 at a Young Offenders' - she fed 2 adults, one a long distance cyclist, one a bodybuilder and an 11 year old on just over 95p per meal, after all...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Nah. They spend too much - it's an average of £13.09 a week per person at an Open prison or £23.87 at a Young Offenders' - she fed 2 adults, one a long distance cyclist, one a bodybuilder and an 11 year old on just over 95p per meal, after all...
1654869815672.png

Ope. Poor OH will be dreaming of getting nicked at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1332946
Ope. Poor OH will be dreaming of getting nicked at this point
Oh god, imagine if white knight is actually poor Harold who was too intimidated to challenge her directly so he thought he’d involve the police for her own good.

And he figured that even if Jack was right and they’d consider it ‘wasting police time and a very serious matter’ he would at least get some decent food down the station.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh god, imagine if white knight is actually poor Harold who was too intimidated to challenge her directly so he thought he’d involve the police for her own good.
...and she has to wait until spring next year before she can dump him.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I noticed she'd been quiet on Twitter so was nosing through her likes and saw these:

Screenshot_20220610-152051_Twitter.jpg

In response to this tweet:

Screenshot_20220610-152120_Twitter.jpg

So people are recommending something that still doesn't exist, and rather than curl up into a ball with embarrassment she's liking the tweets?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
I've reset my days, it's a bad time happening here, I come to this space for the absolute joy of words, of life and of taking the piss. I've fallen over but I will get back, the AA fraus, thank you, the non-AA fraus, thank you. I just need to say this. Now if anyone likes this message, I'll come after you with my hands and feet, so get ready, Grrrr no exceptions.
How are you doing today KP? You need to go to a meeting, you know that. It’s not what you want to hear but the quicker you get back, the better.

It’s happened - when we make amends etc we’re told “you only pay your gas bill once” (as in don’t keep going over it) so the same applies here. Do not beat yourself up. It’s one day at a time and if that’s scary, one hour at a time or one 10 minutes at a time. I know I’m a hypocrite for saying this but contact someone, phone someone you trust. Don’t drink any more.

I absolutely did not get it first time, but I kept going back and that’s the key. Nobody will tell you you’re an alcoholic but you. Are you powerless over alcohol and your life unmanageable? You need to be at a meeting if the answer yes.

Sending you lots of love KP - you can do this ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
You know how Jack is so traumatised by The Poverty that she curls up in a ball and howls if the door goes unexpectedly. I wonder if there was any kind of stand off with the police when they came knocking.

View attachment 1332920

"OPEN UP, YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY CONCERNED BASTARDS"
...followed by 'tonight I am 'avin Spaghetti 'oops." I love DCI Gene Hunt...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I noticed she'd been quiet on Twitter so was nosing through her likes and saw these:

View attachment 1332963

In response to this tweet:

View attachment 1332965

So people are recommending something that still doesn't exist, and rather than curl up into a ball with embarrassment she's liking the tweets?
They're recommending something that doesn't exist in response to a tweet that clearly says guesses/jokes aren't welcome. How is this not satire? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel like someone should buy the domaine name “Vimes boots index” then create a web page to explain that it doesn’t currently exist and that it’s been xx weeks/days/hours since the date promised it would be ready by. At least then when people go looking for it they’ll know the truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
They're recommending something that doesn't exist in response to a tweet that clearly says guesses/jokes aren't unwelcome. How is this not satire? 😂
I’ve been praying for the original poster to say something along the lines of ‘thanks, can you give me a link to it?’
Someone else has posted a link to the ons on that thread showing whether your wage is staying in line with inflation which is actually really helpful.
Unlike the imaginary VBI

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Screenshot 2022-06-10 15.23.40.png

May 2022: receiving threats on a daily basis.

Screenshot 2022-06-10 15.25.57.png

June 2022. You don't have to like the police but by God, they get fast results.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
@Kittypops hope you are ok dear heart.

@LennyBriscoe you are so lovely I could cry!

Watching the continued support and compassion on this thread is so bloody heartwarming sometimes. Is this OT? Is about the thread I guess?

bringing it back round - the exact opposite of our mewling malingerer!!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Given the timing, I do think the cops visit was about the firing of heavy artillery in a suburban street. Someone probably emailed the local constabulary with screenshots of the deleted tweets.
I also firmly believe the artillery gun shouldn’t have been there or possibly never was there in the first place. I bet Big Dave is delighted with his smol playful daughter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.