Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will this poo pooing of any concerns by Jack re police visit put a stop to her frequent declarations of daily abuse and threats? Because then was her golden opportunity to have it all logged and possibly looked into.

I really hope someone reported her father for firing a weapon on a residential street. If that is true...
I still think this might be true. Or someone reported Big Dave for it after seeing it on SM. He was asked about it and said it wasn't fired, was just ceremonial. Police asked why Jack had said it was fired then, and were told to go and ask her. Questions might have even been asked about why BD was even 'looking after it' anyway. A quick scan of the Artillery FB page shows the artillery is all kept in a secure warehouse type building. Not some suburban garage.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Good god, she's so sanctimonious, I'm actually cringing whilst eating my (not sloppy) breakfast

How on earth would she know who asked/answered what in an interview. She didn't work in HR or at managerial level.
She wouldn’t. It’s a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I would pay good money to hear the conversation between White Knight squig & the police when they explain that actually, Jack is fine and there was no evidence of any threats. And that Jack wants them to butt out because she ‘just likes to sound off like an excited puppy online’.
That moment when realisation dawns, they may well turn up here before nightfall.
There was a white knight squig who started a fundraiser for Jack - can’t remember what platform it was, but it got shut down almost straight away. They left a sad little message like “I was just trying to do something nice, to help”
ETA Found it on gogetfunding
CCD7C364-5515-42E0-B509-B2FE78838119.png
E9DA9B46-9118-4913-AFB3-BA30B7A0F0FD.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I can't believe Jack has given us this wonderful chaos and then just fled the scene. Surely White Knight Squig is due a dervish of cold rage accompanied by pictures of pasta shapes.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Right I’d take a punt on classic Glasgow photo spot appearing! Any of these:
The Cran
Trongate clock
Squinty bridge
Beanie hat bird man/Clutha graffiti art

She should really go to 4 corners and soak up the ambiance.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There was a white knight squig who started a fundraiser for Jack - can’t remember what platform it was, but it got shut down almost straight away. They left a sad little message like “I was just trying to do something nice, to help”
View attachment 1332804View attachment 1332805
Bloody hell. I genuinely don’t understand why these people think Jack is more needy than a homeless person or someone currently in genuine, actual need. Mind blowing. Surely it has to be a little bit of ‘notice me’ and extreme gullibility to actually prioritise Jack. Of all people.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
More boring Gun stuff. The following is about it. While not discounting Jack's account it seems quite a big deal to have it out on the road. I actually now think the gun wasn't even at the street party and that photo is from a different occasion.

"A spokesman for the group said: “One cannot overstate the impact they have when we take them out, creating conversation and interest in who we are and what we do.
“We have also been able to give many Gunners their last ride with our specially-made catafalque mounted onto the gun barrel. To date something we have been privileged to do 108 times in the past 20 years.”"

Big Dave's kitchen
Jack: But imagine the engagement, Dad. Monroe rides into ASDA lying on a piece of vintage artillery! 'I, Jack Monroe, am declaring war on price hikes.'
Big Dave: [wearily] Jack, for the last time, that honour has only been accorded to 108 dead veterans in Southend. Get it together, kid.
Jack [phone out, sulktweeting]: FINE

• Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1332804View attachment 1332805
Squigs are so odd. Imagine if we bought houses for every person that puts free recipes/tips whatever content online?? She's the only person that attracts a band of merry men wanting to buy her a house, it's really quite bizarre when you think about it. Especially as her 'free recipes' now consist only of a clunky 2018 WordPress site and hundreds of 'coming soons' 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Plot twist: Jack got offered a job at the nick. She'll be teaching the police officers how to cook, and the poor prisoners will be waiting hours through no fault of their own for their slow cooked cup of tea and rinsed beans in gruel

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Right I’d take a punt on classic Glasgow photo spot appearing! Any of these:
The Cran
Trongate clock
Squinty bridge
Beanie hat bird man/Clutha graffiti art

She should really go to 4 corners and soak up the ambiance.
4 corners made me lol.

Duke of Wellington statue
Central Station clock
Taps aff in Kelvingrove Park
Pointing at a subway sign and calling it the Clockwork Orange.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Plot twist: Jack got offered a job at the nick. She'll be teaching the police officers how to cook, and the poor prisoners will be waiting hours through no fault of their own for their slow cooked cup of tea and rinsed beans in gruel
Prison food is so tit I reckon Jack must be involved already somehow

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.