Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think something did happen with them, as she seemed narked and was trying to put the shits up someone with her hints that they've wasted police time, police will find out their identity 😈 etc. I don't think it was a welfare check though as she wouldn't have got so arsey about that. Why would you? You'd just reassure plod all is well, someone has just gone a bit OTT with their concern, whatever. I think someone reported her for something, she's not wanted to admit that, but still wants to drop hints that the police are cross and will find who it is. It was all a bit weird and didn't make sense, because she wasn't explaining what actually happened, it was a message being sent out to whoever reported her.

OT - keep spotting this as I scroll through the sleep stories on my app, @HotesTilaire makes me think of you 😂

View attachment 1332247
This is spot on. Let's face it, Jack would have loved a welfare check, "oh I am so exhausted and work so hard that the police came out to softly, gently enquire if I was OK, give me hot sweet tea and have pledged to arrest anyone who upsets me". She was definitely sending a message with those tweets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Those tweets though.

She is 34. They just scream dm me hun 😘 on fb about 7 years ago.

What is she playing at?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Yes, I am in a really boring Teams meeting, what of it?

At this point I'd just accept it. Creationist Jack? Add it to the list.
Points at Hadrian’s wall/Edinburgh Castle for selfie
Eats at chain restaurant declares food ‘best ever’
Says ‘I’m home’
Talks to homeless person

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I know how much she annoys everyone with her made up tales and lies, however can you imagine realising that the main person your lying to is yourself. She tells herself she can cook, she is all things political and a campaigner doing god's work etc but due to the fact that she doesn't actually seem to achieve much and her cooking well speaks for itself( quite literally sometimes) shows that in order for her to feel anyway accomplished she has to tell herself fables.

One day in the future she going to wake up and realise she's been living a life in that it was all smoke and mirrors. That despite what she has told herself she has not achieved that much and she is literally stagnating in the same old cesspit of made up tales and anger.

Imagine what she could do if she wised up, took her life into her own hands and literally worked towards getting herself into a better position where she didn't have to pretend for likes or validation.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Says ‘I’m home’
Talks to homeless person
Ooh, ooh, says book number 10 will be about poverty in Scotland/Scottish food
Publisher: “yes, please!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Says ‘I’m home’
Talks to homeless person
I'll take a tenner on an extended Scottish Jack cringefest where she says something like "just had a wee non alcoholic dram with my pals and laughed about throwing a wee ballbag in a lock". She will never sound more English, than in that moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I really want a Scottish person to tell Jack, "While you're here, you must try Saint Duncan's Sporran, it's always been my favourite traditional dessert and you can make it without alcohol now."

Just so we get the inevitable, "Oooh I love a good Saint Duncan's Sporran!"

• Haha
Reactions: 41
If it was a welfare check it would have taken a couple of minutes tops. Police would have established that she was OK and then left.
Also, did they SEE the alleged threat? Did Jack have to show them it?

Oddly enough I saw someone else I know of from twitter doing a Billy bullshit story of their own involving police this week. (One of many they've tweeted over the years).

Seriously what is it with these narc types. Obsessed with police, oh yes, its attention isn't it? They also play on the fact lots of people won't know how police actually operate.

She's in Glasgow next week isn't she?

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I’m still gutted that because of Jack I learned that an orangery isn’t a nice orange grove and is just a conservatory. Boo!
I am just learning this now and am honestly pretty disappointed. An orange grove sounds lovely
this is still not as bad as me only learning about Georgia the country from these threads 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I know how much she annoys everyone with her made up tales and lies, however can you imagine realising that the main person your lying to is yourself. She tells herself she can cook, she is all things political and a campaigner doing god's work etc but due to the fact that she doesn't actually seem to achieve much and her cooking well speaks for itself( quite literally sometimes) shows that in order for her to feel anyway accomplished she has to tell herself fables.

One day in the future she going to wake up and realise she's been living a life in that it was all smoke and mirrors. That despite what she has told herself she has not achieved that much and she is literally stagnating in the same old cesspit of made up tales and anger.

Imagine what she could do if she wised up, took her life into her own hands and literally worked towards getting herself into a better position where she didn't have to pretend for likes or validation.
“Her cooking speaks for itself”
E3D0154E-1925-48BF-AF49-1F0EFCDE63AB.jpeg

“Can’t get a word in edgeways, pal”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
This is spot on. Let's face it, Jack would have loved a welfare check, "oh I am so exhausted and work so hard that the police came out to softly, gently enquire if I was OK, give me hot sweet tea and have pledged to arrest anyone who upsets me". She was definitely sending a message with those tweets.
Absolutely. The message I took was that she's absolutely bonkers
I saw the post earlier when someone told of the service a pal got from police when they were being harassed. Absolutely. The service you can get can be very hit and miss at times and then you have cretins like her thinking she can use police to intimidate anyone who criticises her.

Reactions: 24
I had a nightmare last night that Jack triangulated me. I’d gone to meet a friend at my local train station (which wasn’t my actual local train station but you know how dreams are) and Jack emerged with bright blue hair and a pushchair, flanked by two adoring fans.
I had a dream about Jack finding me too!
In my dream Jack wrote a tweet that included the word "grunking" and I announced in a café that she was using tattle parlance, then Jack popped her head in the door and said something like "I knew you were one of them!"

Is this a sign that I should spend less time on tattle? Yes, absolutely x
I shan't though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I really want a Scottish person to tell Jack, "While you're here, you must try Saint Duncan's Sporran, it's always been my favourite traditional dessert and you can make it without alcohol now."

Just so we get the inevitable, "Oooh I love a good Saint Duncan's Sporran!"
I knew this wasn't food but still had to google it! Slightly off topic, my favourite Scottish tweet is when someone wrote on Twitter they were carrying home a 16 pack of toilet roll and a bloke shouted
'Ye goin' fer a shite, hen?'
Jack would probably cry. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Discovers Chewin the Fat, years after it ended , so ‘Gonnae no dae that’ and ‘Good guy/wank’.

also, she’s coming to Escotia? I’d better make plans to get out of town asap.
Also burnistoun and limmy
‘ eleven , eleven ,eleeeeveen’
‘Tell me wan thing you’ve done’
‘ I miss yer maw, I miss yer maw’
Oh god if she tarnishes these heroes

• Haha
Reactions: 20
WTF lads?!? I did not see the police doing a malicious welfare check coming. I don't understand, how would a third party reporting something make Jack look like a timewaster? I have so many questions. Why would a welfare check cause Jack to leave the earth? Surely if someone was worried about something and the police follow it up and it's all a misunderstanding, then everyone is happy?

SEND EXPLANATIONOS.
Maybe…those lovely policemen weren’t human policemen?

A18D377E-DA87-4D22-B6D9-4B3C54A94188.gif

Send Mulder and Scullyos

• Haha
Reactions: 35
My son is on an apprenticeship like this. He tried college but 2 more years of formal education weren't for him. He loves working (weirdo 😂). So he's doing an apprenticeship in something he loves, working in an environment he's happy in with good work mates and he's assigned to a 'mentor' who he works with every day. So proper on the job training + block weeks of off site college based training. So not all apprenticeships are bad. There aren't really any other options for 16/17 year olds who don't want to continue in full time education.
Pay is lower but they have to spend 20% of their work time training, so I think employers factor it in. In my industry you can be qualified by 20/21 and then climb to a really decent wage by mid 20s. You do need to pick carefully though and see what the career progression looks like once the training period is done.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.