Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her not telling her marvellous parents and SB's amazing dad might be true 🙄. What I will never understand ever is her proudly making a career off the back of appallingly selfish choices that made life miserable for a small child. I would cringe with shame and sadness at the memory of dragging a toddler round in the rain when he could've been at his dad's or grandparents. Not recount it for a career move. Or use it an an example of grinding poverty when I had options I chose to ignore.
Yes, I can understand feeling embarrassed, maybe even delaying, but to make out when you had the most poverty poverty ever when you had a big get out of jail free card you completely undermine and devalue everyone's experience.

Also the social services fear is a real one many people have, but it's completely unfounded. Jack should be countering that myth as much as possible as it stops people reaching out for support until it's too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Surely she has to sample a roll and fritter as well.... and a pickle

Or a pizza crunch. Or a munchie box

Then she can go back to Essex and claim she invented them
I reckon stovies will make it south of the border with corned beef and tinned tatties

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Yes, I can understand feeling embarrassed, maybe even delaying, but to make out when you had the most poverty poverty ever when you had a big get out of jail free card you completely undermine and devalue everyone's experience.

Also the social services fear is a real one many people have, but it's completely unfounded. Jack should be countering that myth as much as possible as it stops people reaching out for support until it's too late.
Also regarding social services, she could have just asked her 20-year foster carer parents for their advice and they would have put her straight.

Not that I believe a single word of her nonsense. Jack just fetishises and romanticises the pov life, along with struggles with social services, as she may have witnessed in the lives of the foster siblings that she resents so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Also regarding social services, she could have just asked her 20-year foster carer parents for their advice and they would have put her straight.

Not that I believe a single word of her nonsense. Jack just fetishises and romanticises the pov life, along with struggles with social services, as she may have witnessed in the lives of the foster siblings that she resents so much.
She romanticises or catastrophises everything she talks about. Everything has to be the worst case ever, or the best ever or fixed in the shortest time ever, or went on for the longest time ever.

No one lives like this. If they say they do it is because their perception of the events that are happening in their lives are skewed and there lies the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I normally quite like the Edinburgh book festival, but clutched my linnen tote bag when I saw her announced!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1331789

Send your suggestions, frauen, I'll make more cards.
A while ago Limmy had a Twitter post about annoying middle class people with protest signs that had scottish words on them to be funny (like 'Johnson is a bawbag'), and Jack has exactly that kind of annoying vibe. She would totally call a politician (or anyone she is seeking beef with) a bampot, bawbag or absolute roaster whilst visiting.

Would not put it past her to say something like 'yer maw' as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Slightly sad if she is going to Glasgow first. Made a giant pillowcase sign ready to put up next to the ECML on that day. It’ll just have to wait until she returns via that route.

“Jack!
Where’s my granola?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

I’ve just caught up 🥵 she’s really got herself into quite the conundrum with this business with the police hasn’t she 😂
Can’t add much to the Scottish stuff as I’ve been to Edinburg once and it became my home from home, my sanctuary! Hell slap it intae ye! it was lovely though so I hope she doesn’t haunt you for long 💔

BUT I’ve never thought of that before and I really think you’re onto something there! It would make a lot of sense if this need to get attention from living in poverty/squalor etc could stem from her being jealous of the children her parents fostered. I’m sorry if that’s an obvious observation, and I’ve always thought it’s clear there’s resentment towards them for sure, but maybe to her that’s a ‘sure fire’ way of getting the attention she wants, to be in the sorts of situations they ‘might’ have been in?
Which is so gross and worrying to think about really. Clearly she has some serious issues (I still think she’s a total head as well though)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Had a long walk to do in 30 degree heat earlier - I wondered what on earth could make this walk more exhausting still, so I stuck a Jack podcast on. Unfiltered with J O'B, a pretty old one but a retelling of the life story as per. My goodness, I know we all know this but the story is just so ridiculous. Trying to feed SB with "just enough nutritional value and calories per day to keep social services from the door", and later waxing lyrical about her wonderful parents and SB's wonderful dad and how she simply "didn't tell them". J O'B seemed to just be sitting there like a nodding dog instead of asking her does she not think that was selfish and borderline neglect?

The triggery bath/attempt tale was also just her 'plan' in this retelling, but didn't come to fruition because people started taking notice of her blog. The blog which she was told to start by some media people which I think confirms what we've always suspected - 'a girl called Jack' was a brand-building exercise from the very beginning.

The voice was unbearable from the beginning but my god, throughout it and towards the end she seemed to be so full of snot she could barely get the words out.

Jack is like a snail. The moment she starts moving, the mucus begins to flow.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I am not a JG fan at all, though obviously hope her health issues are resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible but I will say the speed with which she turned down Jack's offer of homecooked food had me 🍾 🦉
Looks like Janey is LITERALLY familiar with Jack's body of work!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The 'welfare check' tweet is oddly worded. We do welfare checks/concerns for welfare in work. Sometimes on behalf of the police if a concerned friend/relative has contacted them. In my experience the police will do everything they can to contact the person concerned/family members/associates etc before they turn up at someone's door 🤔.

ETA Also worth noting the type of concern for welfare will dictate which police team will respond eg Neighbourhood Police Team or Response Police Team. Obviously one is less dramatic than the other!
Is there anything other than Jack’s tweet to say the Police even did attend? I mean I know she’s autistic therefore *literally* can’t lie but I’m wondering if they ever were at The crappy Bungalow or it’s just another episode of Jackanory

Reactions: 32
SS have been wonderful with me and my middle kid, and have done far more to help us than CAMHS. Lots of services can only be accessed (in my area anyway) via a referral from Early Help.

Action for Young Carers, sleep support courses, support groups for parents, etc.

How long has she been quiet for now? What’s the longest she’s been AWOL for before?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
SS have been wonderful with me and my middle kid, and have done far more to help us than CAMHS. Lots of services can only be accessed (in my area anyway) via a referral from Early Help.

Action for Young Carers, sleep support courses, support groups for parents, etc.

How long has she been quiet for now? What’s the longest she’s been AWOL for before?
Far, far longer than this.

This is small fry compared to her previous absences.

No one ever notices apart from us.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Last year she spent months staying in a very expensive aparthotel in London while attending rehab, and none of her fans noticed she was off Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.