Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The smoking/ vaping astride a gun stuff reminded me of this that I saw a while back on Twatter. No idea re the what’s and why’s and nothing to do with me m’lud, but creepy and I just don’t get it. Unless it’s not her? Just an uncanny likeness.
C7CD812B-4850-42E1-82C1-3D4DB9D4B67D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Another conspiracy. I really think if there was an OH they have actually left this time.
Or asked for a break. She must be so draining - self absorbed and constantly attention seeking. I really don't understand somebody 'wonderfully normal' or whatever it was, putting up with that for any length of time.
But Harold had to stay until Spring, she dedicated her new book (coming soon!) to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
But Harold had to stay until Spring, she dedicated her new book (coming soon!) to him.
Oh yes the new book that is so brilliant that the best comment on it her publisher could come up with was that she "firkles" cereal.

That will help the poors.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
🔺️ When I was at university, one of the students societies published a magazine with a really distasteful antisemitic 'joke'. There were obviously complaints, and the students responsible had to cross it out with a black marker in every single copy.

I really hope Jack ends up doing the same, gently, softly, painstakingly crossing out For Harold, love of my life. You're so much better than my exes by hand from every copy of Jack Monroe's Thrifty Kitchen by Jack Monroe.

It will be even better because most of those books are just destined for landfill increasingly desperate Twitter giveaways, anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Interesting that some troll contacted the police about threats to Jack and two officers attended her house, yet when my friends violent, abusive, narc ex (already flagged on previous DV issues) decided he would “jog” past her house several times at 6am (reader he is not a runner and lives 5 miles away) and she has a 6 year old, police didn’t respond for several days and then called her, made her feel like she was overreacting, demanded evidence, which she provided from her and neighbours cctv, left if for a few more days, said they’d go and speak to the ex. Then that officer went on holiday for two weeks, whilst my friend sat shitting herself, on his return she had to contact officer again and he said he’d go and see the ex. He called him. The ex said she was being a witch that it wasn’t him (it was clear to anyone it was) police officer rang her back said can’t be sure it’s him and he’s denying it so she needed to just ignore him and that was that. Ah well as long as Jack had a lovely meeting and had ran the hoover around it’s all good 😏

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
How much of these are related to taking meds for a condition she doesn’t have? Or are 'weather' related
It’s shocking that she could be taking such potentially dangerous meds without needing them. I didn’t realise how dodgy private diagnoses were until I looked into them for my child. I remember when I was doing my research and asking the staff what the process would be - reading between the lines the implication was if you paid your £1300 or so, they’d find a way to diagnose you. Or try to sell you more follow up sessions. None of the clinics had any information about what happens if your child is NOT diagnosed with ADHD or offer anything beyond a nice letter to your doctor for legal speed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The 'welfare check' tweet is oddly worded. We do welfare checks/concerns for welfare in work. Sometimes on behalf of the police if a concerned friend/relative has contacted them. In my experience the police will do everything they can to contact the person concerned/family members/associates etc before they turn up at someone's door 🤔.

ETA Also worth noting the type of concern for welfare will dictate which police team will respond eg Neighbourhood Police Team or Response Police Team. Obviously one is less dramatic than the other!

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
No offence and I am not addicted to anything, well maybe caffeine, but she doesn't really inspire me to join AA she makes it sound terrifying!
Aw no it’s amazing! It makes me sad to read that but not surprised, because Mighty Mouth makes everything sound grim!!

Don’t get me wrong, there are “characters” (😬) in most AA groups/at most meetings. But one of the best things someone told me about meetings is “take what you need from it and leave the rest at the door”.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Let’s face it, someone snitched that Jack fired a weapon and it being Thorpe Bay Retirement Village, it was a big deal and Plod had to go and have a word. Maybe they called her about it and she did a whole “mendacious trolls are sending me death threats and making false police reports, why don’t you look into that instead of asking me about illegal weaponry.” They’ve called her bluff by calling round, or just followed up with a visit to see this history of trolling to check out her counterclaim.
Jack has tried to spin it that it was just a welfare check and the troll should be scared about wasting police time, if someone did report her then they will know what she means. However the rest of the world is like “make it make sense?”

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The 'welfare check' tweet is oddly worded. We do welfare checks/concerns for welfare in work. Sometimes on behalf of the police if a concerned friend/relative has contacted them. In my experience the police will do everything they can to contact the person concerned/family members/associates etc before they turn up at someone's door 🤔.
I think welfare check in this instance is Jack nonsense. All that's happened is a concerned squig has reported threats against Jack (most likely through Jack whining about them) and somehow got the police to go out (different rules for even very minor public figures?). The police have realised that Jack is an attention seeking halfwit and gone on their way.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm not a Forensic laser like Jack but I thought they were reported to CPS not SS originally? Or has Jack remembered they're not American 🙊
She’s probably still completely mortified after The Georgia Church Suppers debacle and erased all trace of America from her memory

I have had the shittiest of days and saw TD’s tweet on Twitter and though oh heck what’s she done now and you guys comments have cheered me up no end….but please no one phone me. Life’s bad enough without random phone calls please and thank you 😂
I was just about to phone you up and shout “MARY LOVES DICK!” down the phone too!

(Hope you’re having a better day)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She’s probably still completely mortified after The Georgia Church Suppers debacle and erased all trace of America from her memory

I was just about to phone you up and shout “MARY LOVES DICK!” down the phone too!

(Hope you’re having a better day)
Georgia church suppers is my favourite Jack lie ever. So committed about the ‘Banger’ I have no doubt it is. I just wish there had been some people from either Georgia to notice it before it got deleted!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Let’s face it, someone snitched that Jack fired a weapon and it being Thorpe Bay Retirement Village, it was a big deal and Plod had to go and have a word. Maybe they called her about it and she did a whole “mendacious trolls are sending me death threats and making false police reports, why don’t you look into that instead of asking me about illegal weaponry.” They’ve called her bluff by calling round, or just followed up with a visit to see this history of trolling to check out her counterclaim.
Jack has tried to spin it that it was just a welfare check and the troll should be scared about wasting police time, if someone did report her then they will know what she means. However the rest of the world is like “make it make sense?”
A welfare check does not sound like they were looking for trolls it sounds like she ha said or done something unsavoury and they have investigated and she has made a song and dance about people online. I believe there is no doubt her manic behaviour doesn't spin offline into her real life and some poor concerned family member, friend , neighbour, squig as intervened. I honestly think the police will leave it there. She's not in danger and there is no real threat to her so they will leave it be. I have listened to real life podcasts with genuine stalkers involved and unless the police has proper evidence of a threat they will just ask the person to keep tabs in what's sent to them. That's it!

Reactions: 26
Also I hope the police come back after their investigation and tell her too keep her public and private life seperate, something she really needs to do. The squigs are not friends and therefore you should not be sharing intimate details of your life with them.

to be honest I don't blame OH for running to the hills, if indeed he has. They have only been together a few months and she dedicating books to him talking about babies, it's alot. I know she's a woman of a certain age and women in her age bracket are often looking to settle down, but he might not be there, especially if he is like we suspect and is recovering too. I suspect from previous relationships she likes to move at 100miles an hour. many blokes are not like that!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.