Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'small comfort there is at least one man in prison for it'. 'It' being 'these things'..? Ah Jack, using her words with laser precision as ever. So clear, so unambiguous.
Posting from the future so not sure where this lands, but this is typical of Jack.
She's not lying but not being truthful either.
There is a man who went to prison who also trolled Jack, but the prison sentence was for his attacks on another woman (and her family) She now posts on here from time to time. I won't tag her because I haven’t seen her in a while.
This man accused her (our friend) of abusing the family of Lee Rigby and animal cruelty. She got horrendous abuse and death threats, as did her family. THAT'S what he went to prison for, not the couple of tweets he sent Jack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I checked notes and in my non-professional second opinion, yes, you are correct with your diagnosis FrumpyC, she does indeed have severe bleep!
Completing one course of VBI, paying the extra charity money and taxes and stopping the Patreon grift could lessen symptoms.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I used to think that, but it’s actually just because Jack goes on about herself being “severely premature” so much
So he was overdue *and* underweight? I know the bare minimum about pregnancy issues but I wasn't aware this was a thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
There's an Irish blogger who has posted stuff like Chanel runners, then tagged the official Chanel account and written a caption that makes it sound like Chanel gifted her the shoes. She's relying on the fact these accounts are so massive they can't possibly see every post they're tagged in. That's what Jack is doing here, Essex police twitter probably won't see her tweet and even if they do they will just accept its true - because who would lie about something like that?
Or she could block the Essex Police account and then they can't see it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
It strongly honks of “my dad the big boss taught me this trick”
I can’t do patronizing small talk, I talked to or ignored people of any job title when I worked. I just talk to people it’s nice talking to. I avoid bosses who say things like “I talk to the receptionist, Bill, and our cleaner Janet, every day” like it’s a thing. I had an actual boss who said that like they were so good for bothering. head.
In all my jobs I have always talked to everyone and ( shock, horror) treated everyone with respect. They are all human beings in the same rat race as everyone else. I have never ever talked down to anyone in the work place and have been known to even help out anyone who needs it. Ie help the cleaners empty bins, wash up mugs in staff room, whatever. It's called not being a Dick, perhaps she should try it.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Yel

Jack's new partner/paymaster Superdrug advertise for retail apprentices on the minimum apprentice wage. I know retail isn't easy, but it doesn't require an apprenticeship, that's why it's already an entry level job.
Don't worry Jack will solve that all, just like she fixed del Monte and their child labour when they were her paymasters 🙃

"Jack monroe has never sold out or comprised her ethics" 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Screenshot_20220609_104818_com.android.chrome.jpg
Grunking, so apologies if this lands wrong but Jack wouldn't know if malicious reports of benefit fraud had been made, especially not if she was no longer on benefits. We don't investigate if the claim is closed, the item simply gets completed and forgotten about.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
So he was overdue *and* underweight? I know the bare minimum about pregnancy issues but I wasn't aware this was a thing.
Depends what was classed as average weight for a baby back then, but they are in general getting heavier and heavier.

Low birth weight is totally bleeping irrelevant, unless it’s an Actual Preemie, as weight affects survival chances.

I had a terrible first pregnancy, went into labour at 24 and 26 weeks, amniotic fluid leaking, bleeding, placenta was degrading (no cause ever found, very odd for a healthy 21/22 year old), so I spent a fair amount of time down this rabbit hole.

She was a 35 week baby, 4lbs. Went straight onto the ward with me, most likely due to steroid injections earlier on in pregnancy.

Two full term ones, 6lbs 12oz ish for both - they were all classed as Low Birth Weight babies.

But I repeat - it means NOTHING.

ETA - by nothing, I mean, it’s not something that really needs attention, medical or otherwise, unless there’s comorbid stuff, eg a 12lbs baby born to a woman with undiagnosed gestational diabetes might need time in NICU/SCBU, or a full term Very Low Birth Weight baby born to an addict.

The full article is really interesting in terms of how birth weight can indicate XYZ, but that’s me going down a rabbit hole that’s adjacent to my job 🔺

F686125D-91AE-4925-ABD1-8A92BCF3E657.png

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I suppose if you have no
Don't worry Jack will solve that all, just like she fixed del Monte and their child labour when they were her paymasters 🙃

"Jack monroe has never sold out or comprised her ethics" 😳
I suppose if your stable ethical fulcrum doesn't really exist, then it would be impossible to compromise or sell out.

Reactions: 23
If you smoke during pregnancy a baby can be born late and low birth weight. Smoking can cause low birth weights in babies. Not saying she did, but just stating that fact that was in my pregnancy leaflets when I had my kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
If you smoke during pregnancy a baby can be born late and low birth weight. Smoking can cause low birth weights in babies. Not saying she did, but just stating that fact that was in my pregnancy leaflets when I had my kids.
Lots of reasons why there'd be fetal growth restriction. Sometimes it is idiopathic and mostly it is not the fault of the pregnant one but sometimes drink, drugs and tobacco play a part in restricting growth. I was an unexplained low-weight baby.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I know someone who smoked through their pregnancy to ensure that they had a low weight baby to make birth easier 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I know someone who smoked through their pregnancy to ensure that they had a low weight baby to make birth easier 😳
This used to be a thing in the sixties and seventies too. And you'll still encounter people like your friend who thinks smoking helps restrict growth in a no-harmful way,

Self-care and social change?! She is the WORST example of good self-care. And she causes so much bleeping harm to others with her sensationalist descriptions of suicide and self harm, poverty, low-paid work and just about every bleeping thing that ever happened to her

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Ridiculous, weight of baby is almost no indication of how easy a birth will be, I bleeping despair of people 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 21
They used to recommend it back in the day. My mum was born mid smoke by both my grandma and the midwife. Put their cigarettes down whilst she was coming out and picked them back up once she was here 😮

Jack has posted a picture of a newborn SB in hospital still. Not disputing he was poorly, as he's hooked up to something, but he didn't look especially small.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This used to be a thing in the sixties and seventies too. And you'll still encounter people like your friend who thinks smoking helps restrict growth in a no-harmful way,

Self-care and social change?! She is the WORST example of good self-care. And she causes so much bleeping harm to others with her sensationalist descriptions of suicide and self harm, poverty, low-paid work and just about every bleeping thing that ever happened to her
Sadly she is pretty Jack like (and definitely not in my life in anyway now) so I doubt she even considered the impact it could have on the baby as she only ever thinks of herself.

Jack talking about self care?!?! 😂😂😂😂

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.