Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let this armchair mitherer devoid of qualifications and unbound by pesky ethics assist:

Definite:

• Narcissistic Personality Disorder
• Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder
• ADHD
• Cyclothymia
• Some variety of anxiety disorder

Possible:

• Histrionic Personality Disorder
• Autism

Editing to add mithering on my own mithering:

The HPD symptoms could possibly be explained by her other personality disorders. Her social ineptitude could be caused by a combination of profound self-absorption and social anxiety, rather than inherent autism. She’s certainly not officially diagnosed as having autism because her stories of how she was assessed make zero sense.

Cyclothymia to me seems a good explanation of her mood swings from depressed to manic, they are not intense enough to be bipolar I.
Constant mood swings could also be caused by ~substances~ so may not be something pathological.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Let this armchair mitherer devoid of qualifications and unbound by pesky ethics assist:

Definite:

• Narcissistic Personality Disorder
• Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder
• ADHD
• Cyclothymia
• Some variety of anxiety disorder

Possible:

• Histrionic Personality Disorder
• Autism

Editing to add mithering on my own mithering:

The HPD symptoms could possibly be explained by her other personality disorders. Her social ineptitude could be caused by a combination of profound self-absorption and social anxiety, rather than inherent autism. She’s certainly not officially diagnosed as having autism because her stories of how she was assessed make zero sense.

Cyclothymia to me seems a good explanation of her mood swings from depressed to manic, they are not intense enough to be bipolar I.
I diagnose Jack is a bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Just back from my mini break, and I see she's still on her bullshit.

I work closely with local police and social services professionally. If the Police have done a welfare check, it is more likely to be someone reporting a concern for her wellbeing - this sometimes arises out of a report of potential violence/serious arguments from neighbours, or checking up on someone who is known to be vulnerable (e.g. serious MH/alcohol/drug dependency).

They take this particularly seriously if there is a child or dependent in the house with the person causing concern.

As ever, she will have taken something which has a scintilla of truth, and twisted it into a story with her as the hero. In fact, if you unpick it, it suggests that she is seriously unwell/at risk. Something which people here have been pointing out for weeks.
Grunking - but this ^
is how a friend finally got a Peri Natal Psych referral that was not bounced back, and it saved her life.

had to ask them to do a Welfare Check; she was 6 weeks post natal, and rang me in the strangest state - as she had moved 3 hours away, and her husband was working away, I couldn’t just pop in on her.

I got off the phone after an hour and wondered if I’d imagined the entire conversation, because it was like talking to someone on a serious amount of shrooms.

They went round pretty quickly, paramedics were called and she was taken to A&E for assessment.

Welfare Checks are designed to save lives, aren’t done lightly and should not be abused.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She was still tweeting early this morning.

Firstly, she thinks we should “build loads of …housing”. Obviously that won’t work Jack unless you put the infrastructure in place to support said housing. Moron levels off the scale.

View attachment 1329595
We also had another insight into Keto Jack. When you grunk hun, please stay away from cauli rice. Everyone knows what eating cauli rice implies. Stop being a twit.

ETA- given she thinks she can turn her (in her opinion) MDD around in a week by eating fish, grains and veg, she shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a diabetic’s diet.

View attachment 1329596
Yes Jack, you egregious twit. Let's just build loads move affordable housing. Plenty of skilled workers available to do this. Oh sorry we left Europe and they have all fucked off.

Why not concentrate on Boris's attempt to privatise social housing by selling it to the people who can least afford to maintain it

Eta and I hope Jack doesn't get requests for recipes from diabetics. I remember that pudding she made that she claimed was suitable for diabetics. The one that was crammed with fruit.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
The image flips, so it was 8.45am
I'm not sure it is flipped, the logo on the Roberts (FANCY!) radio looks correct in this picture. If I flip an image of one, the logo looks like this -

Polish_20220609_081636441.png

Could be a stopped clock, could be noone liked her crappy oats and it's been left there all day. Could just be a performative breakfast WFK 🤷

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Not a fellowship frau so this is just my opinion - but I don’t think AA wants you as an ambassador Jack. You aren’t following the anonymous part and you are using it for self promotion and you aren’t staying alcohol free.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I wish there was a way of dealing with her AA tit in an official way. It would deter me from her local meetings.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I'd imagine people would get more return pulling the old building down and whacking a couple of new builds up in place.

It's not a flex, block sizes were bigger 40yrs ago when my house was built, but you'd easily fit two modern blocks on ours. I can see it happening too. Not wishing ill on my mother, but the house is in a rough state now, and she's not yet 67 with plans to be here until the end. It's probably only going to be fit to be demolished by that point. The houses of Jack's dreams are well over double that in years, with, by the looks of it, elderly owners who haven't done much by way of updates. They'd be an absolute money pit, gorgeous as they are.
Yep and by sounds of Thorpe Bay (retirement village?) even smaller homes will be in a similar state. Entire rebuilds aren’t uncommon here and exactly what you described has just been unveiled down my road - 3 impossibly small houses put in a single plot, idk if it’s possible to have a studio house but if so these must be it!

The deposit really is just the start of it. If she enjoys spending 150% of her disposable income at John Lewis then that’s fine, but owning a home is at direct odds with that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I wish there was a way of dealing with her AA tit in an official way. It would deter me from her local meetings.
Yes, zero concern for anyone else attending those meetings. All her stated concerns for her privacy and none for anyone else.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Yep and by sounds of Thorpe Bay (retirement village?) even smaller homes will be in a similar state. Entire rebuilds aren’t uncommon here and exactly what you described has just been unveiled down my road - 3 impossibly small houses put in a single plot, idk if it’s possible to have a studio house but if so these must be it!

The deposit really is just the start of it. If she enjoys spending 150% of her disposable income at John Lewis then that’s fine, but owning a home is at direct odds with that.
When we were looking to buy there was a 3 bed in total disrepair but with a massive garden, so we thought about it and were a bit excited until we read to the end of the listing that said there was planning permission for 2 X 3 bed houses in the back garden. Obviously the price went through the roof and now there will be 3 houses on a plot and more family homes with tiny gardens.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
The image flips, so it was 8.45am
The image only flips on a selfie, if you use the front facing camera, as she has done here, the image is correct. Could be that the clock isn't working (that will be her excuse anyway)

As always, late to the party @Nottonightbabe got there first!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
There is so much of what she is doing at the moment that is heartbreakingly dangerous to the most vulnerable.

She really needs someone to take her Twitter access off her and I don’t say that lightly.

If people in the depths of depression thought that a few days of eating well could fix things or that those in the midst of an ED were led to believe that a fortnight on “an espresso diet” could snap them out of a sustained period of eating certain foods (all things she has implied or said outright) then that is a very harmful route to go down (not touching on AA because I don’t want to impinge on others’ very insightful opinions). She is in danger of doing serious damage if let loose with diabetes.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
How about you don’t tell other peoples personal facts in an interview! How is it confirmed? Do they drag the person in and see if it’s true? Also horrible implications of ‘you must talk to the cleaning staff because they are lowly peasants and therefore please patronise them’

This never happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
When we were looking to buy there was a 3 bed in total disrepair but with a massive garden, so we thought about it and were a bit excited until we read to the end of the listing that said there was planning permission for 2 X 3 bed houses in the back garden. Obviously the price went through the roof and now there will be 3 houses on a plot and more family homes with tiny gardens.
Yep! Currently helping my best friend look for a flat and the state of “first time buyer” properties is shocking, attached a floor plan of an entirely wonky flat that is the result of a larger house being butchered and extended. This is going to keep getting worse as the market slows/declines at the higher end and prices of entry level properties increase due to lack of supply (additionally, a lot of flats are cash buyers only due to cladding or open corridors typical of post war council flats being a no go for lenders).

The Patreon saint of poors has no bleeping idea what it’s like. My friend isn’t even poor - he has 6 figures in cash savings but is a single buyer on the London avg salary and this is all it gets you, in zone 4. Yet Jacqui is mithering about an orangery and the posh tree/plant I can’t remember the name of? She’s on an entirely different bleeping planet.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
She pops up every couple of years with a new medium for her origin story. So far I think we’ve had newspaper column, book, sitcom, stage play and film. I’m assuming 2023 will bring the theme park ride version of “too many kids cheese on a stick homeschool in a council house”. She doesn’t seem to get up to much between though so not a lot of fodder for a tattle thread.
A request that Andy Millman writes the sitcom. I liked “when the whistle blows”

I’d definitely tune in

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I diagnose Jack is a bleep.
From a feminist perspective, I really dislike any mention of HPD. The history of what happened to women who were diagnosed is foul, it was used by abusers to silence them and have them thrown in asylums. It’s been recommended multiple times that it’s thrown out of the DSM. Two screenshots from just one report - there are a lot more out there and it’s disturbing.

550350E9-3D07-4091-ACC3-90A3246022D6.jpeg
0B476B43-0085-4202-9F5E-FF24F2513D6E.jpeg
0B476B43-0085-4202-9F5E-FF24F2513D6E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So many of today's problems comes down to the cost of housing. Jack doesnt have the slightest clue, it's all build more houses, print more money! She's barely capable of reductive snipping from the sidelines.

All this "good news for homeowners houses up 10% this year!" Is insanity.

Wasn't she happy that the last Mrs J owned property?

This build more houses without any thought for community leads to housing developments dumped wherever without much thought to how they will function. Which doesn't solve anything.
The main issue in Manchester is not that they aren't building enough properties, it is that those properties are being bought by BTL landlords (like Jack's father) or overseas investors. They are then rented out at market rates which are unaffordable to many people.

You would think that the huge amounts of building going on here would result in lower rentals, supply and demand and all that, but it really hasn't worked out like that. There are thousands of new properties being built all over Manchester, a building boom the like of which I haven't witnessed since the 1960's. They were the social housing mistakes of Hulme, Salford Precinct, Fort Ardwick, Fort Beswick, Ordsall, Lower Kersal and Ancoates, to name but a few. These failed developments have since been demolished, some barely 30 years after they were built. It is not just as simple as build more.

Building more doesn't necessarily deal with the issue of affordability. I am no expert, so don't understand why greater supply isn't lowering prices, or rental value, but neither is Jack.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.