Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They used to recommend it back in the day. My mum was born mid smoke by both my grandma and the midwife. Put their cigarettes down whilst she was coming out and picked them back up once she was here 😮
This was within the last 10 years. She was planning on having another baby and I suggested she could start looking at smoking cessation and she was like no way I smoked throughout my last pregnancy to make sure she was small.

I made an unprofessional diagnosis of bleep at this stage.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Why would you tweet your child and not message them? Wouldn't you think the worst if your child was visited by police and go round to check on them? Her family dynamic is just so weird.
TBH she's the kind of kid you'd keep at a safe distance. Imagine years of Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ridiculous, weight of baby is almost no indication of how easy a birth will be, I bleeping despair of people 😫
In my experiences, the hardest part of childbirth was the labour, the contractions themselves, not the actual giving birth bit. The contractions and pain will be there regardless of the size of bubba 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They don’t follow each other on Instagram.

However, given that most people seem to use it now to look at dogs/weird things being made/random bridges shaped liked hands, I’m not really surprised.
They fell out over lemon juice during DKL. (I know you know this but it's always fun to revisit!)
On the first episode of DKL Matt was dismissive but not rude about bottled lemon juice. Ruby slagged him off on Twitter and Matt replied. This put Jack in a predicament as Ruby is a blue tick and the type of person Jack wishes she was, however Matt is far more famous. Obviously she sided with Matt because she is that shallow and sent a snippy tweet to Ruby. Ruby basically said 'up yours' to Jack and unfollowed her. Not sure if they made up but it was quite the snub and absolutely hilarious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
So he was overdue *and* underweight? I know the bare minimum about pregnancy issues but I wasn't aware this was a thing.
It can be and I think there's one school of thought that says leave them in there for as long as they are happy/not distressed to give them as much chance to grow as possible.

Dating pregnancies isn't super accurate and the concept of a "due date" is mostly nonsense - two weeks either side of that is generally considered "term". However there are some doctors and midwives that get angsty the second you go past it

Reactions: 18
I went over 2 weeks overdue. I was so full of water I was the size of a small island and couldn’t wear shoes. Child was of average weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
They fell out over lemon juice during DKL. (I know you know this but it's always fun to revisit!)
On the first episode of DKL Matt was dismissive but not rude about bottled lemon juice. Ruby slagged him off on Twitter and Matt replied. This put Jack in a predicament as Ruby is a blue tick and the type of person Jack wishes she was, however Matt is far more famous. Obviously she sided with Matt because she is that shallow and sent a snippy tweet to Ruby. Ruby basically said 'up yours' to Jack and unfollowed her. Not sure if they made up but it was quite the snub and absolutely hilarious.
Didn’t Ruby go to Westcliffe Girls Grammar as well? What is going ON in that school?

• Haha
  • Wow
I wonder what today will bring, a neighbour observing Coops stuck up a tree and maliciously calling Old Chief and the boys, Mr Tesco thumping his desk and roaring "GET ME, MONROE NOW" to his startled secretary, the opening of Space Squigs box of terror, some new and disgusting slop? It's all too exciting
Ah she's not up yet. I imagine she took the Police advice on safety and spent the night patrolling the perimeter of the bungalow with a head torch, swearing at voles and laying down sandbags... that or doing something recreational

• Haha
Had a brief nose at some older stuff, she's had more pets than I realised. Did we know she once used to 'rescue' guinea pigs? There's been other bunnies and cats too it seems.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
This can’t be true… why has no one questioned the validity of this?

“Sorry most qualified of Fire Service worker we can’t give you the job you clearly deserve because you didn’t know Mavis the cleaner doesn’t like Eastenders.” 🤷🏻‍♀️
The thought of the guys waiting for their interviews shouting at the cleaners, "Oi Rosie, when's your son's birthday? Got any allergies? Oasis or Blur?"

Between that and the Marxist-Leninist club meetings about why the communist revolution should be led by the queen, Big Dave is rapidly becoming my favourite comedy character.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
The thought of the guys waiting for their interviews shouting at the cleaners, "Oi Rosie, when's your son's birthday? Got any allergies? Oasis or Blur?"

Between that and the Marxist-Leninist club meetings about why the communist revolution should be led by the queen, Big Dave is rapidly becoming my favourite comedy character.
It's also the knowing nod...the 'this tripped a lot of people up' nonsense. If you were in a direct conversation with someone saying that, with eye contact, it is *really* hard to go back on it and challenge. You are implicated. You are part of the club, you understand. They're including you as a good guy, because you understand. The more you're included, the harder it is to call stuff out. It is so weird to see this playing out in public.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.