Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she does produce recipes for diabetics I hope someone from a charity representing diabetics steps in. I would not like to see her go after a person with diabetes who questions any recipes she posts. She withdrew from the degree in nutrition she had started as she had too much on. Why does she think she is qualified to produce recipes for people who have medical needs?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Just realised my post looked like I thought the housing Jack was banging on about was meant for the proletariat. It was too late to edit.

I don’t.

Housing is so complex and so the problems regarding it are so specific to each area she cannot simply go “build more” and every smol pixie gets their forever home.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh my Christ Jack. If this is true (it isn’t) you would bet your last penny your beloved union would have something to say about it.
I am just imagining an internal interview where I ask them to name our cleaning team 😂 And then the feedback on why they failed. She’s been on the j1g.

The compulsive lying to go bigger and better is getting worse!

View attachment 1329066
The lie about having to name cleaning and maintenance staff's names and personal facts is just showing how for Jack Monroe other people's issues about low wages and food insecurity are props to make her a 'hero'. It's not about John the cleaner and maybe knowing him, but about being able to say you know them, so you're 'not like others'

It's completely in line with so much of her performative outrage and 'help', as well as her cooking or self-proclaimed nerdiness (and whatever bandwagon, from the very small to large, she jumps on). It's about making herself look a certain way and then get praise.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Timeline Fraus, how long did she work at the fire service for? I think it was up to 3 years, but apparently she had 18 months off for having SB (might have taken unpaid leave?) so right away that reduces actual work by 50.344% so did she just do a year, got preggers went off then came back for a few months? I have a hunch she did very few full months of work.
Four years, 2007 - 2011 (confirmed in Hopkins trial papers).

She took early maternity leave because she didn't like the uniform, which controversially included trazzers:

Screenshot_20220609-075442_Chrome.jpg

Source: https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/jack-monroe

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
The lie about having to name cleaning and maintenance staff's names and personal facts is just showing how for Jack Monroe other people's issues about low wages and food insecurity are props to make her a 'hero'. It's not about John the cleaner and maybe knowing him, but about being able to say you know them, so you're 'not like others'

It's completely in line with so much of her performative outrage and 'help', as well as her cooking or self-proclaimed nerdiness (and whatever bandwagon, from the very small to large, she jumps on). It's about making herself look a certain way and then get praise.
She loves wee John the cleaner! He loves Jezza 'handsy' Kyle, burgers, wide-screen tellys and taking the kids to the local beer garden, where they terrorise the middle class patrons and steal their wallets

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Is this Jacks half hour a day on twitter? Things seem to be happening awfully fast.

How is it that Jack knows the numbers of random women from her meeting?
It was a typo, she typed on instead of off 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 28
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I think she's also looking for a payday. She said her first meeting was free and after that she charges consultancy fees, so does this mean the meetings with Asda are paid? And now she's thinking she can do the same with Sainsbos - witch about them online until they give her some hush money.
I'd love to know how she became qualified to give consultancy on wages and contracts... And to claim that she knows they can afford to pay more, like she's privy to all the ins and outs of Sainsbury's as a business? Not sure I'd be taking any advice (which only amounts to 'pay people more/charge less for your product'), from a business owner who hasn't filed accounts for years and is still racking up CCJs but, there we are 🤷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Surely she has done her research for the big meeting? She must know the name of the contracted cleaning company and their pay structures?

Because if not, the embarrassment of turning up to a meeting with important people and no grasp of basic facts pertaining to the issue will be immense.
She turned up to the select committee knowing SFA then sat at the back scribbling in her 7even notebook, smirking. She’ll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
*even though she has no idea on the actual upkeep costs on a house like that.
This is another thing, alongside building more houses for ppl to buy 🫠 people are gonna need to be paid more so they can maintain them.

Obvs this isn’t an FT article citing actual research but our estate agent said since the CoL crisis has started the appetite for typically probate doer uppers has fallen off a cliff, people don’t want to commit an ever diminishing disposable income to a house that needs a lot of work 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack's mum, presumably asking if the police know who the caller was:
View attachment 1329273
I find it really bizarre that Jack's mum has asked her this via a public tweet. Especially on the same night as Jack was wanging on about the importance of calling people for a chat. I don't want to speculate about someone else's family too much, but if parent finds out that their child has had a welfare check from the police and responds via a tweet instead of a private phone call or text then that doesn't suggest they have the healthiest of relationships?

• Heart
Reactions: 74
This is another thing, alongside building more houses for ppl to buy 🫠 people are gonna need to be paid more so they can maintain them.

Obvs this isn’t an FT article citing actual research but our estate agent said since the CoL crisis has started the appetite for typically probate doer uppers has fallen off a cliff, people don’t want to commit an ever diminishing disposable income to a house that needs a lot of work 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'd imagine people would get more return pulling the old building down and whacking a couple of new builds up in place.

It's not a flex, block sizes were bigger 40yrs ago when my house was built, but you'd easily fit two modern blocks on ours. I can see it happening too. Not wishing ill on my mother, but the house is in a rough state now, and she's not yet 67 with plans to be here until the end. It's probably only going to be fit to be demolished by that point. The houses of Jack's dreams are well over double that in years, with, by the looks of it, elderly owners who haven't done much by way of updates. They'd be an absolute money pit, gorgeous as they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I find it really bizarre that Jack's mum has asked her this via a public tweet. Especially on the same night as Jack was wanging on about the importance of calling people for a chat. I don't want to speculate about someone else's family too much, but if parent finds out that their child has had a welfare check from the police and responds via a tweet instead of a private phone call or text then that doesn't suggest they have the healthiest of relationships?
I reckon Jack's Mum finds out a lot of what allegedly goes on in Jackland on Twitter with the rest of us. J probably hopes Ma won't see it and anytime she does respond I can just picture Jack's eyes rolling as she has to give her a polite response. Bizarre sums it all up perfectly, every single day

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I reckon Jack's Mum finds out a lot of what allegedly goes on in Jackland on Twitter with the rest of us. J probably hopes Ma won't see it and anytime she does respond I can just picture Jack's eyes rolling as she has to give her a polite response. Bizarre sums it all up perfectly, every single day
Can you filter who sees what you post on Twitter like you can on FB? If you can, maybe Jack slips up and forgets to change what Ma can see every now and then

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Re the "random woman" intake the to mean she chooses a different woman at random each time. AA groups often share numbers with each other to reach out for support or when they are concerned. Plus she is the "secretary" of one of her groups.

What on earth is she going to talk to the boss of Sainsbury's about? How will it end up as anything other than mutual good or and no real change?

I doubt the police thing had anything to do with the gun. They seem to roll it out all the time so I'll bet they have all the proper licenses/arrangements etc in place. I'm doubtful it was fired, but if it was again I imagine it was all above board. Big D seems the type to like official forms.
I can’t think of anything worse than sharing personal information with this awful social megaphone. You can guarantee she will broadcast it to the world

Reactions: 30
I have pretty good manners, so if someone asks how I am I say “fine thanks, how are you?” automatically. Except for the two women at my work who only ask so you ask them back and open the door to them talking incessantly about their favourite subject - themselves.

I would firmly put Jack in the same category. Who openly says, “I want them to ask about me because my life is GREAT! They’ll love to hear all my good news even if they’re struggling with life on life’s terms”.

She must be a real programme tester at meetings, absolutely insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Surely she has done her research for the big meeting? She must know the name of the contracted cleaning company and their pay structures?

Because if not, the embarrassment of turning up to a meeting with important people and no grasp of basic facts pertaining to the issue will be immense.
Morning - 👋
I would hoot and fizz if the Sainsburys invite doesn't just include her but others in food too, rather like an informal advisory group.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Tell us you’ve been grunking without telling us you’ve been grunking 😂. Hi Jack, always happy to help a friend of Bill W 👋🏻

BF0F9FDF-720D-4133-AE6C-9EDC1FC2A5BD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Yes. 🔺but we advertise really good apprenticeships with graduate training and futures that young people won’t apply for because they earn more in their current part time job at McDonald’s. (They’re not working for us, we’re the education provider)
Low wage apprenticeships *can* be a good thing IMO, for young people still living at home who don't have any previous work experience or for career changers who have enough support/savings to take a huge salary cut but not to pay £27,000 for a second degree (I was looking into the latter myself until covid obliterated the industry I wanted to move into). It incentivises employers to take on new starters who would otherwise be unable to compete with experienced applicants from a more traditional background. But that only applies for skilled fields that are otherwise difficult to get into. I've seen so many bullshit apprenticeship ads for things like barista jobs, where the 'education' part is basically "we'll train you in the art of latte making" - no disrespect to anyone who does those jobs because they are HARD, but in terms of technical skill it's not exactly designing the Severn Bridge is it. I think there needs to be more regulation around those cases, where it's just a blatant loophole that companies are exploiting to get away with paying less than minimum wage.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.